Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4148495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 548
  1. #501

    Default

    tbh I don't get people complaining about other players in skimpy outfits during quests considering I usually only ever notice people's outfits while waiting at the teleporter, otherwise they're on my screen for literally 5% of the time im in the quest.

    Like I barely notice other peoples outfits in-quest unless they're a massive mini-rappy monstrosity that takes up twice the space of a normal player, its really not a big deal.

  2. #502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Similar to how some people get upset when someone in an expert mpa performs as a non-expert?
    skill does not equate to ones aesthetics friendo
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX - the man stuck in 2014 View Post
    Kewl, I'm using double set still, since when crafted stat boosts can overcome any full 12* set.

  3. #503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flatflyer View Post
    tbh I don't get people complaining about other players in skimpy outfits during quests considering I usually only ever notice people's outfits while waiting at the teleporter, otherwise they're on my screen for literally 5% of the time im in the quest.

    Like I barely notice other peoples outfits in-quest unless they're a massive mini-rappy monstrosity that takes up twice the space of a normal player, its really not a big deal.
    There is the victory pose too. I only remember to take screenshots on that

  4. #504

    Default

    I don't mind the outfits. Just think, I like to use the sit emote in a teleporter. That wouldn't make sense if that was reality, yet I do it anyway because it's fun.

  5. #505
    Hardcore Casual Dark Mits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Ship 02, B-005
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    It does and does not at the same time. I know it sounds paradoxical.

    The point of playing video games is to have fun in your free time (or even during work if you're lucky). Fun is, without a doubt, subjective. People get to have fun with different means, or with different uses of the same means.

    The content of online games is not just what the developers have created and provided to the players, but also what the players themselves bring, and how each player uses the tools given by the developers. Without other players, online games would be singleplayer experiences with frequent patches/updates. This is not much different than tabletop games like Monopoly (PvP game) or D&D (PvE game), where experience and fun gained from playing them is mostly from the interactions and performances of the other players. And simlarily to non-computer games, your fun depends on if each match evolves to your liking, or if you have noticed that you personally have achieved greater "progress" than in previous runs even if the end result was defeat, or something else entirely subjective and personal (for example seeing your son beat your performance).

    This is why I say that performance and non-performance factors are of both equal and non-equal importance. Because it is entirely subjective and depends on each player. Not everyone plays the same game for the same reason.

    Sega listened to player feedback and implemented the Expert requirement feature, which has had an impact on player experience. My suggestion/request/complaint is something entirely client-side, which does not impact the experience of other players.

  6. #506

    Default

    I just think for players that want to have their immersion not being broken, that's going to be difficult even if they restrict their parties to people on their friend list / team because they'll just run past by some people that may or may not have something that breaks the immersion. (Like outfits that don't seem to make sense in a setting) I say this because there are multi-party areas and single party areas. Which I forget if you can actually have only your multi-parties be in that map so you don't risk randoms, so I may be wrong here.
    Last edited by Ranmaru; Feb 12, 2020 at 03:21 AM. Reason: I actually for once in my life said their instead of there

  7. #507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru View Post
    I just think for players that want to have their immersion not being broken, that's going to be difficult even if they restrict their parties to people on their friend list / team because they'll just run past by some people that may or may not have something that breaks the immersion. (Like outfits that don't seem to make sense in a setting) I say this because there are multi-party areas and single party areas. Which I forget if you can actually have only your multi-parties be in that map so you don't risk randoms, so I may be wrong here.
    When you set a password you can select "also restrict other parties in multi-party areas"; this makes it so no one can join the multi-party area without the password you set.
    Last edited by Anduril; Feb 12, 2020 at 03:29 AM.


  8. #508

  9. #509
    Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ship 2, Oberon City
    Posts
    1,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru View Post
    I don't mind the outfits. Just think, I like to use the sit emote in a teleporter. That wouldn't make sense if that was reality, yet I do it anyway because it's fun.
    It would make sense, depending on the situation.
    If you know it'll be a while, you won't stand there and would sit to rest your feet before the time is ready.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru View Post
    I just think for players that want to have their immersion not being broken, that's going to be difficult even if they restrict their parties to people on their friend list / team because they'll just run past by some people that may or may not have something that breaks the immersion. (Like outfits that don't seem to make sense in a setting) I say this because there are multi-party areas and single party areas. Which I forget if you can actually have only your multi-parties be in that map so you don't risk randoms, so I may be wrong here.
    Outside of the teleport, I gave up paying attention to most in MPAs anymore because I don't like to imagine some person running around with soap suds and a dakimakura while floating around in the air with either the Wand or Doublesaber in hand.
    I just look out for death markers now (and of course enemies).

    The only problem is that I don't care for lolis in general, but someone short doesn't always equate loli either. I have 3 characters at the shortest height and they're fine in general.
    Could not make them in NA though.


    One example would be her.
    I went with the lowest height in PSO2NA compared to PSO2JPN. Puberty hit her hard from being 11 to around 15 or 16. She doesn't look right on the NA size.

  10. #510
    Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where I live?
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    Yeah, "short" doesn't always mean "loli."

    Heck, I made a character with the express purpose of being a pure support character, and named her "HealBot." Shortest I could make her, to resemble a partner machine. Her partner machine, also, is an exact duplicate of her except as tall as possible, with the same exact name. Try to keep them using the same weapons too, so it looks like just a mass-produced thing.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Similar Threads

  1. PC: How do you sign up for the Closed Beta?
    By Zinger314 in forum PSO General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Mar 19, 2004, 12:27 AM
  2. XBox: closed
    By FearNight in forum PSO Trading (Closed)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 27, 2003, 12:50 PM
  3. XBOX LIVE Beta tester, I hope we can get PSO
    By WEBDAVE in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Aug 24, 2002, 05:51 PM
  4. Xbox live beta
    By rbf2000 in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Aug 22, 2002, 10:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •