Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 182526272829303138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pikachief View Post
    https://dev.pso2.com/

Somewhere in here. I saw “Mission Pass” and talks about unlocking tiers, but personally found nothing called “battle pass”.

Edit: looks like the link might be dead.
    Mission pass could be just the Hard/Very Hard/Super Hard mode unlocking client orders?
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    I've bough on amazon .com and .co.jp and different EU shops using the very same amazon account and paying with the same method, you just check they ship to your country.
    ah really, don't suppose you could link me? my searches in amazon aren't turning up anything

What I could gather before the site went down:

- Detailed explanation on "Advanced Classes", but no mention of Étoile yet (weirdly, the link that directed to this page refers to them as "Successor", so "Advanced" is probably not final);
    - Skill tree screenshot only showed 9 classes;
    - Good Jobs have been translated as "Kudos" (I find it cute);
    - Compound Techs have been translated as "Fuse Techniques";
    - I could find no mention of complex PAs;
    - Something about "tiers" and "mission pass"? They didn't elaborate on it much, but it's AC-related;
    - Mention of official "PSO2 Discord";
    - Mention of official "PSO2 Forum";

Quote Originally Posted by Dauston View Post
    ah really, don't suppose you could link me? my searches in amazon aren't turning up anything
    Oh, I don't know what you need to buy, I just answered "you can log into amazon.com with your amazon.uk/fr/de/it/es/whatever and pay as usual", everything related to xbox live I have no idea.

What is this literal machine translated text? Even their manuals are just copy and paste still quoting the Vita version

Instead of "RGE" for Range its "RNG", why is it so hard to just go with what works like in the English patch everyone else uses??
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post

What is this literal machine translated text? Even their manuals are just copy and paste still quoting the Vita version

Instead of "RGE" for Range its "RNG", why is it so hard to just go with what works like in the English patch everyone else uses??
    I know people like to go for the "machine translated" joke when insulting poor localization, but the actual machine translations of the stats are honestly goofier. MEL is kinda weird, but range being shortened to RNG when it's only 3 leters is how I've always seen it done, so I don't know what you're talking about with RGE. Thinking about it, the stat names are kinda bad to translate in general now that I think about it. I'd be more concerned about the confusion with the concept of random number generators than anything else.

I imagine MEL is short for Melee. I'd go with MLE personally, or rather, I'd have just kept S/R/T Atk to begin with, but it's not inconsistent.
    Last edited by Xaeris; Feb 4, 2020 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    I imagine MEL is short for Melee.
    Yeah, probably. The stats aren't all that intuitive in general though, so I don't think this really helps much. Even the S-atk, R-atk, T-atk thing confused people a lot. But it needs to be something short so it can fit in the small UI spaces they use for the two Kanji.

EDIT: Honestly, they could have just shortened a different word, and just gone with STR, even if people think of Strength instead of striking or whatever it's still a lot clearer what it is. Changing RNG to literally anything not able to be confused with the term RNG would be good too.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Feb 4, 2020 at 09:35 PM.

I know this is just a joke but literal machine translation would be strike striking, shooting attack and law attack (law Bombing for tech explosions).
    Melee Power, Ranged Power and Tech Power are tame compared to that and more self explanatory than "Strike".

The team could have literally used the English patch out now for most of this (I think they could legally get away with it since it is Sega's IP and all) but I don't know. I'm still sticking to Techer and not any variation of it, no point in changing the name from whats been used in the past either but some of the other screenshots I've seen from the manual in terms of text translation feel super off, like I'm reading a slightly upgraded SEA version of the game or something. It needs work still but I'm more than willing to bet that people will defend this to no end even though we're getting 2 Beta's before the full release just to fix or improve the translations.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers