Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    I wasn't getting on people's case for shortening it. I was talking about officially translating it and how people seem to have a problem with mistranslations until we're talking about mistranslations we got used to after 7 years of seeing it.
    you need to remember theres going to be a majority who played PSU coming into this game remembering the names of classes that were officially translated that way who are going to be a little confused why "Techter" is not "Techer" considering the PSU classes had anything to do with Techs that that variation was attached to it's name. It's something people are familiar with, not a translation that YOU think needs to stay for translation sake. Thats what I'm getting at, whether or not Techer is a support class that protects
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Feb 5, 2020 at 02:23 AM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    you need to remember theres going to be a majority who played PSU coming into this game remembering the names of classes that were officially translated that way who are going to be a little confused why "Techter" is not "Techer" considering the PSU classes had anything to do with Techs that that variation was attached to it's name. It's something people are familiar with, not a translation that YOU think needs to stay for translation sake. Thats what I'm getting at, whether or not Techer is a support class that protects
    I think you vastly overestimate the amount of people who are going to get confused by Techter because of PSU terminology.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    I think you vastly overestimate the amount of people who are going to get confused by Techter because of PSU terminology.
    im not saying everyone is going to massively confused by it, im saying why change something thats already familiar with the player base? there isnt a need for it
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    For the people saying PSU had techer classes, I'm pretty sure those were actually Techer in kana too. I remember looking this up.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it being Techtor, but getting on people's case for shortening it to Techer is just as assinine as trying to get on some sort of intellectual high ground because techer is easier to say.

Also, thank you for quoting my post in time, I accidentally deleted it while trying to edit it, because I'm not used to posting on mobile. X_X
    Seeing how Force originally was the damage dealer. The "Advance" of that was Fortetecher that just boosted it in all forms.
    Acrotecher if I remember correctly was the class with the highest buff level.
    Masterforce was the class with the highest damage dealing techs level.

So other than Fortetecher which boosted Force overall, the Acrotecher was the the support class like Tech(t)er.

http://spoiler.sakura.ne.jp/rr/psu/i...E5%B5%E9%BF%A6

As someone already said, PSU translation was not accurate to the japanese names, and even every game of the PSU series had therms changed from one game to the other (PSU/Portable), or even weapons from classic games translated one way in PSO, were translated differently in PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    im not saying everyone is going to massively confused by it, im saying why change something thats already familiar with the player base? there isnt a need for it
    Like i said, "translation mistakes are okay as long as im used to them".

Might as well call it Fantasy Star Online 2 as that's been a mistake since day 1.

ITT: Weebs playing JP PSO2 reaching really hard to find any reason to shit on the NA version and/or prevent people from playing there.

Pretty sad.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    Might as well call it Fantasy Star Online 2 as that's been a mistake since day 1.
    That doesn't really count as a translation mistake, since it's actually written as "Phantasy Star" in the JP games:

PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    That doesn't really count as a translation mistake, since it's "Phantasy" Star in Japan:

Because they thought that's how it was meant to be translated as it was meant to be Fantasy, though.
    Almost forgot. Should change Dark Falz to Dark Force too.