Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3542434445464748 ... LastLast

Yeah I'm sure I've seen screenshots full of grey players because the toaster couldn't handle more models. Also there are games out there that let you make everyone completely invisible, Black Desert or Blade and Soul for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    you have an alternative to turn off the model loads in the options if you really cant handle woman showing skin
    It's not that I cannot handle it, it's that it breaks immersion. Playing videogames, especially RPGs, entails roleplaying the (or a) character in the ingame universe. Fighting big gigantic robot enemies in your underpants breaks immersion. Being a Rappy or a 2-legged antler, or Gyu fighting enemies makes it look absurd and non-serious.

Imagine if you played FIFA and players were not in uniform but all sorts of funny/out-of-context clothing; Santa with big beard, alien with antennas and 4 arms, a large 2-legged bee etc. That would not be FIFA, it would be Mario Soccer. Or a F1 game where each car was a Wacky Races car or the Flintstone car or even a ship. Sure it's funny and will bring lots of laughters, especially in replays, but it breaks immersion and seriousness. (Don't forget to include the Benny Hill music when you try such modes).

As always, I emphasize that I ask for an option that is exclusively client-side, not something forced on everyone.
    Last edited by Dark Mits; Feb 10, 2020 at 04:18 AM.

I had a great time, I got a lot of leveling in. Ended at 54 Force 41 Techer. Hopefully I see some of you guys in the Open Beta! If anyone see's me out there i'm Neko

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    It's not that I cannot handle it, it's that it breaks immersion. Playing videogames, especially RPGs, entails roleplaying the (or a) character in the ingame universe. Fighting big gigantic robot enemies in your underpants breaks immersion. Being a Rappy or a 2-legged antler, or Gyu fighting enemies makes it look absurd and non-serious.

Imagine if you played FIFA and players were not in uniform but all sorts of funny/out-of-context clothing; Santa with big beard, alien with antennas and 4 arms, a large 2-legged bee etc. That would not be FIFA, it would be Mario Soccer. Or a F1 game where each car was a Wacky Races car or the Flintstone car or even a ship. Sure it's funny and will bring lots of laughters, especially in replays, but it breaks immersion and seriousness. (Don't forget to include the Benny Hill music when you try such modes).

As always, I emphasize that I ask for an option that is exclusively client-side, not something forced on everyone.
    mod your game then

Quote Originally Posted by D3MON View Post
    I had a great time, I got a lot of leveling in. Ended at 54 Force 41 Techer. Hopefully I see some of you guys in the Open Beta! If anyone see's me out there i'm Neko
    I gave up playing Friday night, just got too frustrating.
    Finished last night at Hunter-40 (Bouncer-24) with lvl60 mag. The English voice acting is seriously good. This will be my main game in 2020.

I missed twenty minutes and then wasn't able to log in Friday night but Saturday morning everything was good. I had a blast, as I have before in the JP version.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

So, hit level 47 or so on Saturday with Ranger, as well as did the whole Episode 1 story they had available.

Not a big fan of some of the localization decisions. I think turning Afin into Australian / British / whatever and some of his dialogue choices made him from what seemed like a rather young, eager, naive ARKS into... I have no idea what, but constantly saying "mate" instead of "partner" is a bit odd, as is him swearing. Also don't like that they toned Lisa down a bit (and also don't like they stuck with Risa - something I've noticed with a lot of names in the localization is they seemingly went with more Rs instead of Ls.)

That said, overall, it's a lot better than some other localization attempts that are damn near machine-translated garbage. So, relatively minor gripes here. Still some issues with naming and whatnot - I believe one of the Hans orders throws your character name in it twice where it shouldn't fit:

"Bill! That was amazing, I couldn't take my Bill eyes away from the monitor!!!"

Also, some of the area name text needs work. "Forest AreaArea 1" and the like just reads... wrong, even if you were to add the space between the first and second "areas." Also, kinda not digging the name "Auxiliary" for Support Partner. Needs a noun after it, and not treating it as a one-word name for it. Auxiliary Support or Auxiliary Mech or something other than just Auxiliary.

Not terribly surprised with the launch issues, though was disappointed it took pretty much all night Friday to get them working. Also, I have a feeling not many people will like the story presentation because, while it made sense in the old Episodes 1-3 format, the new one is... lacking a bit, and trying to look at it as a fresh player who wasn't aware of how PSO2 was set up before, I can see how some people would dislike it.

All this said, it's perfectly playable and enjoyable for what's presented, and having something is better than having nothing. I plan on playing with friends who can't or won't play the JP version on PC with translation patches, and I plan on trying to keep up with my PC JP one as well. Gonna be tough, but knowledge is power, and despite interruptions I still think hitting level 47 in only one day of gametime in addition to the whole Episode 1 story is a good sign that I can stay on top of it.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Yeah, I haven't played the JP version in a while so it was less bothersome to me, so I assume for newer players it will probably be just fine. Story wise, I just skipped the cut scenes to prioritize play time. I'll take my time with those at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    mod your game then
    90% of PSO2 mods are nude mods

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Are mods how people get those "obviously larger than the creator intended" breasteseses?
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!