Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by watashiwa View Post
    ITT: Weebs playing JP PSO2 reaching really hard to find any reason to shit on the NA version and/or prevent people from playing there.

Pretty sad.
    no one is doing this you special needs

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Like i said, "translation mistakes are okay as long as im used to them".
    How do you even know they were mistakes in the past games? PSU had a literal 4 1/w year lifespan in the West and could have swapped out the spelling at any point and now that they're translating it a different way, suddenly its the "correct" way because the support class "protects". Do you just eat up any translation they give? Just like Elders Arm portion being called "Obsidian Dark Arms" or w/e but we're all used to the translation "Raging Dark Arms".

Quote Originally Posted by Dauston View Post
    Also I'll be going for the basic hunter class, and I've heard about these traps in some kind of skill tree or something? Is there a guide any where for this, and if I do get something dumb, can I 'reroll' somehow?
    you'll probably have to dig around or ask for a tree build either in the Quick Questions thread or the Class threads so you don't our Skill Points into Skills you don't need.
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Feb 5, 2020 at 04:03 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by watashiwa View Post
    ITT: Weebs playing JP PSO2 reaching really hard to find any reason to shit on the NA version and/or prevent people from playing there.

Pretty sad.
    No one is preventing anyone from playing there. If anything, Microsoft is preventing more people from playing on there by making it an xbox one timed exclusive. You should have an understanding that people are going to have concerns for the NA version cause there is no way that they will live up to the JPN version since no company in history has.

Quote Originally Posted by Dauston View Post
    after the tutorial what should I look to be doing quest/mission-wise?

This is Kofi (translation pending), talk to her after every quest, she will unlock for you almost everything that's blocked in the game (MAG license, subclass license, level cap, even new planets but not sure if that is still locked today), her orders should be top priority for new players, don't bother with other NPCs unless she orders you to talk to them (to get your MAG for example).

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post

This is Kofi (translation pending), talk to her after every quest, she will unlock for you almost everything that's blocked in the game (MAG license, subclass license, level cap, even new planets but not sure if that is still locked today), her orders should be top priority for new players, don't bother with other NPCs unless she orders you to talk to them (to get your MAG for example).
    ah great, thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post

$10 say they'll call her Coffee.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    How do you even know they were mistakes in the past games? PSU had a literal 4 1/w year lifespan in the West and could have swapped out the spelling at any point and now that they're translating it a different way, suddenly its the "correct" way because the support class "protects". Do you just eat up any translation they give? Just like Elders Arm portion being called "Obsidian Dark Arms" or w/e but we're all used to the translation "Raging Dark Arms".
    We know it's the correct way because that's literally how it's written in Japanese and has been even back in the PSU days.
    There is a difference between テクター (Tekutā) Which you would romanize as Techtor/Techter and テッカー (Tekkā) which you would romanize as Techer.
    And for the record, the word "Protector" is written like this プロテクター (Purotekutā). This isn't rocket science we aren't talking about Kanji like with Quest names. And while we're at it...

Kanji have often multiple meanings but hatin' is easier than using google for 5 min i guess.

We know it's the correct way because that's literally how it's written in Japanese and has been even back in the PSU days.
    There is a difference between テクター (Tekutā) Which you would romanize as Techtor/Techter and テッカー (Tekkā) which you would romanize as Techer.
    And for the record, the word "Protector" is written like this プロテクター (Purotekutā). This isn't rocket science we aren't talking about Kanji like with Quest names. And while we're at it...
    Kanji have often multiple meanings but hatin' is easier than using google for 5 min i guess.
    whatever you say bootlicker, people like to change the way everythings spelled and then decide to stick the Kana for once. Can really tell you never played the older games either

I'm not the only one thinking this either for Techer over "Techter"
    https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status...54911633727494

oh ya "Soaring Blades" over Dual Blades while keeping everything else the same, for what purpose was this name change needed???
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Feb 5, 2020 at 09:07 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

whatever you say bootlicker, people like to change the way everythings spelled and then decide to stick the Kana for once. Can really tell you never played the older games either

I'm not the only one thinking this either for Techer over "Techter"
    https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status...54911633727494
    Out of 64 answers to this tweet only like 7 complain about the change and 4 of them are like "Oh I didn't know Techter is the correct way to translate it" (which btw even the official Twitter account said is the case) after being clarified. What is your point? You really wanna be childish and throw insults around because you can't believe you're wrong?

oh ya "Soaring Blades" over Dual Blades while keeping everything else the same, for what purpose was this name change needed???
    Because ever since the inception of EP3 you can see casual players constantly confuse Dual Blades with Double Sabers. These names are practically interchangeable. But w/e I guess im a bootlicker not disagreeing with the evil NA version
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; Feb 5, 2020 at 09:23 PM.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Out of 64 answers to this tweet only like 7 complain about the change and 4 of them are like "Oh I didn't know Techter is the correct way to translate it" (which btw even the official Twitter account said is the case) after being clarified. What is your point? You really wanna be childish and throw insults around because you can't believe you're wrong?

Because ever since the inception of EP3 you can see casual players constantly confuse Dual Blades with Double Sabers. These names are practically interchangeable. But w/e I guess im a bootlicker not disagreeing with the evil NA version
    The fault of not calling them Twin Sabers.

I don’t mind Soaring Blades but prefer Twin Sabers like PSO. Musashi and Yomato, Sanj & Yasha were really cool.