Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pikachief View Post
    Decided to check on the jp version and I was a little shocked at the number of weapon types in this game, especially compared to PSU. A bit disappointing but I suppose the skill trees, Photon Arts, and overall class customization balances that out.
    People have filled out past player surveys wanting new weapon types so hopefully sega puts some in eventually
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

I don't see a need for more weapon types. Weapon mechanics, attacks, and PAs are more important. Hr, Ph, and Etoile basically added 3 "new" weapons each. The only reason I would want actually new weapons at this point would be to add them to old classes to give them more variety, but some classes like Gu and Te basically are their weapons, so there's not much you can change there. I don't even know what you could do for tech weapons, since, even Ph rod is just "spam tech".
    Besides, I didn't spend a lot of time in PSU, but didn't it have a lot of problems with weapon redundancy? A lot of weapons were functionally the same but with slightly different ranges and attack speeds. They had different PAs, but PSU didn't have as many situational/utility PAs as PSO2 due to you only being able to equip one.
    Last edited by Ryna; Dec 17, 2019 at 07:00 PM.

Decided to check on the jp version and I was a little shocked at the number of weapon types in this game, especially compared to PSU. A bit disappointing but I suppose the skill trees, Photon Arts, and overall class customization balances that out.
    The 3 newest classes (one of them about to be released tomorrow) use existing weapon types in different ways than the older classes. They can't use the original photon arts at all (except for techniques), they have their own exclusive photon arts, and even the normal attacks and weapon actions are changed.
    Each of the 3 classes get 3 altered weapon types.

Other than that, each specific weapon has special abilities to differenciate them (unlocked only when the weapons are grinded up to a certain point). While many of them are just simple power boosts, PP regen, stuff like that, some of them have unique abilities that change the behaviour of specific photon arts or normal attacks.

Then there's the photon arts themselves which offer alot more freedom than PSU did. In PSU, each photon art was a locked combo, and you could only link one combo to a weapon. In PSO2 photon arts are kinda comparable to each part of the combos in PSU, but you can use in any order you want (when using the 3 buttons mode you have full control of the order you use the PAs during battle).
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Dec 17, 2019 at 05:22 PM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Some weapon/PAs could be "broken down" to more weapon types. For example Diffuse Shell outright uses the Rifle as a Shotgun. Sphere Eraser makes the Launcher a Laser. An Axe weapon could use many PAs that are currently used for Sword/Partizan (not to mention so many Sword-type weapons that look like Axes). Wired Lances have PAs that could be used for Whips. And so on.

It comes down to what the developer wants to achieve. They could literally have only 1 weapon with every single PA and Tech available on it (think of Gunslash with Tech casting ability), but design classes so that only a very limited subset can be used at a time. But that would heavily reduce character uniqueness. They could have 50 weapon types with 4 PAs each. But that would require heavy inventory maintenance and possibly a lot of extra grinding would be required to be able to have many playstyles "updated to Best-in-slot".

Ah ok the PAs are a lot more versatile than I expected then. I was mainly afraid of the gun variety being weak but hearing the PAs have them shoot like different gun types altogether like shotguns and lasers makes me feel a lot better about weapon variety
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Ah ok the PAs are a lot more versatile than I expected then. I was mainly afraid of the gun variety being weak but hearing the PAs have them shoot like different gun types altogether like shotguns and lasers makes me feel a lot better about weapon variety
    its just the exception to those 2 PA's, not all of them do something like this or in general good to use compared to other PA's
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Considering guns in PSU literally only did one thing per type, having PAs at all is a step up.

Even melee only had 2 or 3 PA, some of them as a combo, and only one per weapon in your pallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Considering guns in PSU literally only did one thing per type, having PAs at all is a step up.
    Which pretty much brings us to another way to further step it up once more. Many weapon types, and PAs that can be used by multiple weapon types! It'd be a nightmare to balance though.

Rappy Hunter Serial Killer ThEoRy's Avatar

Hey do you guys think we'll be able to use our jp pc characters on Xbox? Couple years ago I was on the pc version with the English patches. I was thinking maybe you could just sign in with your seganet ID and poof?
    Killing BioMonsters Since 1988
    1,427,595,780 exp
    Give or take a poulty