Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4148495051525354 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Similar to how some people get upset when someone in an expert mpa performs as a non-expert?
    skill does not equate to ones aesthetics friendo
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Flatflyer View Post
    tbh I don't get people complaining about other players in skimpy outfits during quests considering I usually only ever notice people's outfits while waiting at the teleporter, otherwise they're on my screen for literally 5% of the time im in the quest.

Like I barely notice other peoples outfits in-quest unless they're a massive mini-rappy monstrosity that takes up twice the space of a normal player, its really not a big deal.
    There is the victory pose too. I only remember to take screenshots on that

I don't mind the outfits. Just think, I like to use the sit emote in a teleporter. That wouldn't make sense if that was reality, yet I do it anyway because it's fun.

It does and does not at the same time. I know it sounds paradoxical.

The point of playing video games is to have fun in your free time (or even during work if you're lucky). Fun is, without a doubt, subjective. People get to have fun with different means, or with different uses of the same means.

The content of online games is not just what the developers have created and provided to the players, but also what the players themselves bring, and how each player uses the tools given by the developers. Without other players, online games would be singleplayer experiences with frequent patches/updates. This is not much different than tabletop games like Monopoly (PvP game) or D&D (PvE game), where experience and fun gained from playing them is mostly from the interactions and performances of the other players. And simlarily to non-computer games, your fun depends on if each match evolves to your liking, or if you have noticed that you personally have achieved greater "progress" than in previous runs even if the end result was defeat, or something else entirely subjective and personal (for example seeing your son beat your performance).

This is why I say that performance and non-performance factors are of both equal and non-equal importance. Because it is entirely subjective and depends on each player. Not everyone plays the same game for the same reason.

Sega listened to player feedback and implemented the Expert requirement feature, which has had an impact on player experience. My suggestion/request/complaint is something entirely client-side, which does not impact the experience of other players.

I just think for players that want to have their immersion not being broken, that's going to be difficult even if they restrict their parties to people on their friend list / team because they'll just run past by some people that may or may not have something that breaks the immersion. (Like outfits that don't seem to make sense in a setting) I say this because there are multi-party areas and single party areas. Which I forget if you can actually have only your multi-parties be in that map so you don't risk randoms, so I may be wrong here.
    Last edited by Ranmaru; Feb 12, 2020 at 03:21 AM. Reason: I actually for once in my life said their instead of there

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru View Post
    I just think for players that want to have their immersion not being broken, that's going to be difficult even if they restrict their parties to people on their friend list / team because they'll just run past by some people that may or may not have something that breaks the immersion. (Like outfits that don't seem to make sense in a setting) I say this because there are multi-party areas and single party areas. Which I forget if you can actually have only your multi-parties be in that map so you don't risk randoms, so I may be wrong here.
    When you set a password you can select "also restrict other parties in multi-party areas"; this makes it so no one can join the multi-party area without the password you set.
    Last edited by Anduril; Feb 12, 2020 at 03:29 AM.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

I don't mind the outfits. Just think, I like to use the sit emote in a teleporter. That wouldn't make sense if that was reality, yet I do it anyway because it's fun.
    It would make sense, depending on the situation.
    If you know it'll be a while, you won't stand there and would sit to rest your feet before the time is ready.

Outside of the teleport, I gave up paying attention to most in MPAs anymore because I don't like to imagine some person running around with soap suds and a dakimakura while floating around in the air with either the Wand or Doublesaber in hand.
    I just look out for death markers now (and of course enemies).

The only problem is that I don't care for lolis in general, but someone short doesn't always equate loli either. I have 3 characters at the shortest height and they're fine in general.
    Could not make them in NA though.

One example would be her.
    I went with the lowest height in PSO2NA compared to PSO2JPN. Puberty hit her hard from being 11 to around 15 or 16. She doesn't look right on the NA size.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Yeah, "short" doesn't always mean "loli."

Heck, I made a character with the express purpose of being a pure support character, and named her "HealBot." Shortest I could make her, to resemble a partner machine. Her partner machine, also, is an exact duplicate of her except as tall as possible, with the same exact name. Try to keep them using the same weapons too, so it looks like just a mass-produced thing.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    Yeah, "short" doesn't always mean "loli."

Heck, I made a character with the express purpose of being a pure support character, and named her "HealBot." Shortest I could make her, to resemble a partner machine. Her partner machine, also, is an exact duplicate of her except as tall as possible, with the same exact name. Try to keep them using the same weapons too, so it looks like just a mass-produced thing.
    Yup. I've made my partner machines as tall as I could to try and match the height of the shortest as well. Sometimes a bit troublesome to get working well due to the head size needing to be adjusted.