Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default So how is everyone liking Etoile?

I'm still figuring things out, not sure what are the traps in the skill tree. I enjoy the wand, it feels fluid and lazers!! Double saber is pretty fun too and I saw a friend tearing shit up with it in eq earlier. Don't really know what I'm doing with dual blades. What's your experience been like?

Trap skills are Et HP restore and the flat stat boosts

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed. It seemed so slick and fun in the preview videos. I've been looking to try and main another class for a while, and it was ticking all my boxes, so it seemed like it could be the ideal class. But now that I've finally gotten my hands on it.. it just feels kind of slow and clunky.

I'm still going to try and stick out with it for a little while longer. It might just be the unfamiliarity that's making it feel that way.
    But as it is now, I'll probably be looking elsewhere.

Struggling to wrap my head around it. Overall it feels disjointed to me, all of the successor classes have had different mechanics for each weapon type but with the previous two there was a core mechanic that remained the same (eg. mark and detonation with Phantom). With Etoile the three types have wildly different mobility, shift actions, gear usage, guard/parry/counterattack in addition to all the weapon specific actions like teleportation and PA skipping but I don't feel there is a core pillar that binds them together.

Wand feels really good, and I roughly understand DS but need to put more time in with it, but I already want to ditch DB because it feels super clunky. Also to be honest, going back to a class that can't heal with techs and doesn't have quick mate or automate feels super bad.

I'll give it another week or so, but I can see that I might go back to Phantom because it best suits the way I play.
    Last edited by Azure Falcon; Dec 19, 2019 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    go back to Phantom because it best suits the way I play.
    Planning to do so, even Etoile have a good DPS and survivability, it's too slow: 1 dashing PA with a high cost and can't use Safoie 0 (Ilzonde).
    I'm used to move with Safoie 0 even inside campship so...

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    Planning to do so, even Etoile have a good DPS and survivability, it's too slow: 1 dashing PA with a high cost and can't use Safoie 0 (Ilzonde).
    I'm used to move with Safoie 0 even inside campship so...
    i move with a double saber in the same way i move with the hero sword .

etoile so far gave me a good impression , wand its perfect for attack on distance but DB and DS i cant decide in which situations i should use each

also BTW same arts pp save , does it works on techniques when Etoile its a sub class ? i just want to be sure its translated properly
    Last edited by silo1991; Dec 19, 2019 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndolin View Post
    [...]

Don't really know what I'm doing with dual blades. What's your experience been like?
    I think that Etolie's Dual Blades are meant to be used mainly against bosses. First of all, you should get used to using Dash + Weapon action all the time. Second, you must get used to lock on the enemy all the time. From that, normal attacks will bring you closer to the enemy, and you can use Connect ((Dash + WA) + WA, spend a Gear bar) or Full Connect ((Dash + WA) + WA + WA, spend two Gear bars) whenever you feel convenient. At least that's what I think.

Also, for me, Same Arts PP Save is the trap here. If I understand the mechanic correctly, every time you use the same PA you get a reduction rate. But realistically, how many times can you use the same PA before you are forced to move? So I think that that skill, at level 4 (using the same PA 5 times to get a 35% reduction) or level 6 (using the same PA 11 times to get a 55% reduction) would be ideal.
    Last edited by DrCatco; Dec 19, 2019 at 06:56 PM.

I have been loving Etoile so far, although it feels like the wand is just so much better in most situations than the other two.

Dual Blades seems great for bosses that do not move a lot, but for most bosses with low exposure times, it feels like the shortened luminous Flare hits for way more damage in a shorter time, since you can just spam it before the boss runs away.

Double Saber is pretty much the "I am not confident with this content and i do not want to die" weapon, it´s easy to play and the mechanics are straightforward, and you get a lot of tankiness.

The damage seems a bit unreliable though.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Trap skills are Et HP restore and the flat stat boosts
    It's really not. You take so little damage that being healed up to 50% constantly is a nice way to conserve mates and save overdrive for more clutch moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahri View Post
    For my the Flat Attack Bonus is the trap, Etoile HP Restore is nissu, and I use the next skill tree Gwyndolin:
    http://bit.ly/34BQ1pZ
    Flat attack bonus seems like it'll be good for certain classes using Et as a sub, like Br (to buff counters), and Su.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    [...]

Flat attack bonus seems like it'll be good for certain classes using Et as a sub, like Br (to buff counters), and Su.
    My understanding is that pets PAs cannot be Just Attacks (so they can't miss their JA window), so Flat Attack Bonus would be useless for them.