Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I don't think that it is beyond the realm of possibility that CASTs are constructed out of some kind of metal or contain nano-machines that are reactive to Photons, thus allowing for even the inorganic parts to repair to some degree.

The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

They're Phantasy Star Photons, they are practically Space Magic. I always just found it funny that a Cast with no Visual Mouth just slams the Straw ... somewhere and the Photons start fixing stuff .. somehow. Honestly It's a Game so I didn't mind much, I just wondered if there's a canon explanation for it.
    ... It also produced the Image of the Staff fixing damage on the Arks Ships by dousing it in Monomate ... so much Monomate

Now that I'm mulling over it a bit more, nonomachines were at least the most likely explanation for Androids in PSO since they could auot-recover health when standing still, and Photons, like in the form of a -Mate or via Resta, likely supercharge them for a short period of time to allow for large health recovery.
    As for no visible mouth, I wouldn't doubt that mouthplates can move or have a push-in socket (like an inflatable ball) that isn't super-obvious.
    Also, since AIS can heal using what looks like a burst of Photons, I wouldn't doubt that they can also be used to fix damage to the ship; maybe with very expensive, industrial strength Centamate. I mean, it could explain why repairs to downed Campships have a meter, as the pilots have to run around slathering the stuff on damaged systems and parts.

And now I can say I'm thinking about this far more deeply that I need to.
    Last edited by Anduril; Dec 23, 2019 at 04:18 PM.

The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

Well your deep thinking actually makes a lot of sense. It explains how they can fix the damage so fast. Especially your mention of the downed Ship EC, it makes a lot more sense for it to be fixed so fast when all the Pilot does is slathering the engine with a Tube a Spaceship Grade Mates.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

space paladins believe only in food and their own miracles

In case you guys forgot, in the early PSO2 betas the mates were INJECTED not drunk.
    They changed the animation sometime around February 2012 due to, apparently, rating concerns.

Could not find videos but i found this thread discussing the change:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...change-in-PSO2

And i remember myself seeing that in the JP test.
    Last edited by Ifrian-x; Dec 23, 2019 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrian-x View Post
    In case you guys forgot, in the early PSO2 betas the mates were INJECTED not drunk.
    They changed the animation sometime around February 2012 due to, apparently, rating concerns.

Could not find videos but i found this thread discussing the change:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...change-in-PSO2

And i remember myself seeing that in the JP test.
    twas during the first alpha that it was the injections. The second alpha they changed it to a drink.

https://youtu.be/UKuoBG03q4o?list=PL...305B9279F&t=73

Quote Originally Posted by ratatosk View Post
    twas during the first alpha that it was the injections. The second alpha they changed it to a drink.

https://youtu.be/UKuoBG03q4o?list=PL...305B9279F&t=73
    nice find, the animation is so "unique" compared to the game now. still sorta wished they had gone and done more with the Alpha voice for ET's than what we have now
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers