Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Land of OZ I think? ... or did that tornado take me elsewhere?

Default How are people flying so fast

Hey, so I came back, been since 2016 I played. I unlocked the new classes, and I am using Etoile. I am seeing people fly and move very quickly by flying that I can't even run fast enough before the enemies are killed lol. Mainly the Engulfed in Shadows. Can someone point me onto how to achieve this? So much new stuff I am trying to figure it out lol
    The Creator of Syncesta!

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...-quick-answers!

theres plenty of ways to fast travel, you're probably seeing that all class katana people are using with Asagiri but you'd have to clarify what exactly they were doing to go fast.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

If it is other Etoile that you are seeing, it could be a variety of PAs, like if they are using a Wand, Prism Circular lets you fly at a high speed while holding it down.

Land of OZ I think? ... or did that tornado take me elsewhere?

Ah that may be it. They had this aura around them as they flew. I will check that out

Edit, yes thats it!! Thank you!
    Last edited by DoubleCannon; Jan 1, 2020 at 10:01 PM.
    The Creator of Syncesta!

Etoile doesn't have that great dashing, it's not much faster than running. It's just free for 0pp unlike all other dashing.
    Current Regenschlag is as fast as or even faster than Tokyo speed rings. The only issue is the 170° autoaim that can even turn you around sometimes with enemies nearby.

Other classes like old katana (i.e. not Phantom), Hero, anyone with ilzonde, etc. are dashing faster than Etoile, albeit at a relatively large pp cost but by now it's fairly easily to get hero like pp regen on everyone or actually even more with the right ssa.
    There is als a cheap allclass wands that let everyone use Ilzonde and an allclass katana that lets everyone use Asagiri which travels as far and as fast as Guren now, though last time I checked it costs a couple of millions.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Etoile doesn't have that great dashing, it's not much faster than running. It's just free for 0pp unlike all other dashing.
    The step dash on DS isn't the only thing etoile has for movement, and it's not even faster than running unless you're locked on to an enemy. It's for moving in the air, not moving fast.

I wish Radiant Sting was more suited for a fast travel - it's distance's pretty short without a target so it only can be used to leap in campship for restarting quest. Absolute Quasar's pretty fast to but drains much PP.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Current Regenschlag is as fast as or even faster than Tokyo speed rings.
    It's better to use this one on GS-battery so when you sheath it'll start to regen your PP.

And all these have a BIG minus: you'll need to switch weapons - it's a PIA when you lag, takes much time and annoying.

Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    The step dash on DS isn't the only thing etoile has for movement, and it's not even faster than running unless you're locked on to an enemy. It's for moving in the air, not moving fast.
    I think it's slightly faster? In xmas I can slowly catch up with people who run ahead of me. It's not that great for moving in air though because relatively quickly it'll drop to a height just above the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    It's better to use this one on GS-battery so when you sheath it'll start to regen your PP.
    And all these have a BIG minus: you'll need to switch weapons - it's a PIA when you lag, takes much time and annoying.
    Yes, but Regenschlag is still generally ok for dashing unless there are a lot of targets (including e.g. Lightning pillars in Skyscape) on the way.

I literally always lag, especially boosted eqs cause me massive lag for some reason (thank you, SegaCoding (tm)). Unless you wanna dash super fast for like 1 Regenschlag distance it is fast enough to catch and even quickly overtake far ahead people even with lag, e.g. after 3-4 Regenschlags I have to stop or I'll need a while to get back to the group if an e-trial spawns there.

But yeah, it's far more convenient if the weapon you use normally has a decent dash, e.g. on fi I mainly use ds and it's kinda annoying I have to switch to knuckles for dashing (HI is more convenient and less prone to autoaim diversions than Regenschlag).

I personally prefer Prism Circular even if its slower like rodeo drive. :3