Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Spoiler!

Orb series is great for long animetion,channeling pa/tech

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    As someone who has been using the orb wand on Etoile I disagree on that , but I think we have a very different idea of what counts as "garbage" or "niche". Obviously easy trade in weapons aren't going to be BIS or anything, but they're far from useless. The Zara weapons were good too.
    i think you know im comparing them against the meta weapons, i didnt say Orb was inherently bad either just why bother when you have Liberate, LS and Atra unless I guess you want something niche? or filler, idk I dont think they're a bad series just again, why bother outside filler?
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    i think you know im comparing them against the meta weapons, i didnt say Orb was inherently bad either just why bother when you have Liberate, LS and Atra unless I guess you want something niche? or filler, idk I dont think they're a bad series just again, why bother outside filler?
    Point is class synergy. While LS is indeed superior to Orb, Atra kinda sucks for wand ET. Sure you get a little extra damage compared to orb but no valuable S4 to use aside from maybe part and no PP contraption to help you without sacrificing a S1-3 slot. Wand does struggle with PP so Orb at least offers something that works with the gameplay of wand ET while Atra doesn't, and the extra sustain you get ends up making Orb Wand a superior choice for most scenarios. And considering all the weapons that really benefit from LS pot, you might want to save them for other classes too sooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    I know you're comparing them against the "meta" weapons, I just think that's a dumb way to go about it. Especially since the top tier weapons tend to be limited by by how many stones, or in the case of liberate, keys are available. Suggesting that people have the top tier weapon as their main goal for every weapon type is silly in the context of people who play more than 1 or 2 classes. At that point it's not filler, because the only way you're going to get more than you would from the titles and events is if you're one of the 5-10 people a week who gets a stone/key drop.

I guess since the only content that really requires going hard on maximizing every last bit of your damage is speedrunning and multi-lapping endless, I just personally prefer utility and availability over raw damage. I mean, really I think every weapon should just have the same base stats and the combination of potentials and s-slots should be the only difference. There's a lot of weapons that are only outclassed as much as they are because they have lower atk, despite their utility being way more useful and reliable than LS. Heck, the whole reason I prefer the Orb wand is because I don't run out of PP.
    At least with Liberate there's potential for new s5s that do cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Point is class synergy. While LS is indeed superior to Orb, Atra kinda sucks for wand ET. Sure you get a little extra damage compared to orb but no valuable S4 to use aside from maybe part and no PP contraption to help you without sacrificing a S1-3 slot. Wand does struggle with PP so Orb at least offers something that works with the gameplay of wand ET while Atra doesn't, and the extra sustain you get ends up making Orb Wand a superior choice for most scenarios. And considering all the weapons that really benefit from LS pot, you might want to save them for other classes too sooo.
    Also this.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

ive mostly looked at the trade-in weapons from a standpoint of somebody who just started back in the game, managed to get the exp to get back into current content, but still needs something in their hands to swing around that is serviceable enough to not be dead weight

I think last year having homura/shien/guren after already just having them as trade-ins for the 6th anniversary was maybe the least recommendable series since the v2 weapons. homura on it's own by that point wasn't that good, and they didnt really leave a decent path for a less-than-skilled player to get a hold of vespa stones to upgrade them.

ray weapons as the 2018 badge series was a better idea than homura for 2019.

and yeah the ceres zara weapons were good filler weapons for anyone who needed to cover a weapon type at the time. there were undoubtedly better weapons in most cases, but you can't just pull a rare drop out of thin air!

novel as 2020 seems like the closest they've gotten to making one of these near the front of the pack. though considering we can buy stuff like Dim weapons now, they had to up their game