Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Units Battle Royale: Lightstream Vs Schvelle Vs Novel Vs Liberate

In the upper-left corner: Lightstream Units, the older but legendary 12★ units that are still able to hold their own against the newer 13★ units.

Stats
    Spoiler!

In the lower-left corner: Schvelle Units, very similar Lightstream, but with a bit less PP, a but more DEF, better bonus and SSA support.

Stats
    Spoiler!

In the upper-right corner: Novel Units, these have the lowest PP and ATK, but the highest HP, highest DEF and SSA support.

Stats
    Spoiler!

In the lower-right corner, Liberate Units, a total opposite of the Novel Units with the lower HP and DEF, but with higher PP, higher ATK and SSA support.

Stats
    Spoiler!

So, is it worth keeping your Lightstream Units? Should you work hard to get Ultimate Photons for Schvelle or Liberate Units? Or should you go for the easier task of getting and keeping Novel Units? Finally, which ones is best suited for which class or class combo in your opinion?
    Last edited by the_importer_; Mar 30, 2020 at 11:01 PM.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Upgraded Orgei Rear, Lib Arm, Novel Leg is considered optimal right now but Austere/Lightstream units are getting a 13* upgrade later this year (which inevitably hints at higher tier units not too long after).

Schvelle is entry tier, easy to get but not exactly a massive improvement over LS outside SSA use

I wouldnt go full Liberate either or Novel when other units compliment them better.

Anyways you cant read my post so woo there you go, wait for LS/Austere rarity increase or jump to early units now and possibly regret later
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jan 25, 2020 at 10:23 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

the problem is you have to spend hundred million to make a decent unit set and LS can still hold their own wiiht Et come around nothing can kill you yet so no need to build a new unit

Besides the HP/PP distribution of Novel vs Liber, the overall stats of those 4 sets arent big enough to make a difference imo. If you have LS and dont care for current SSA, then no point to change units and is best to wait. If you want SSAs right now, then is a tie between Novel and Liber based in what you want to prioritize between damage and survival. I wouldnt consider Schvelle at this point even if you wanted balanced HP/PP, as affixes will solve that.

I personally affixed a Novel set to check how much DEF mattered in UH, but is not that noticeable compared to LS. The difference was only noticeable when changing my Rappy Shine to other unit. That being said, current 13* DEF performance should be very similar between them all.

As a person who was still stuck on union/qliphad units (essentially the beginning of elegant era), jumping on liberate and the likes since grand power became a thing was well worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    As a person who was still stuck on union/qliphad units (essentially the beginning of elegant era), jumping on liberate and the likes since grand power became a thing was well worth it
    ya but those Grand Power prices are going to be over the top for awhile longer, no worth shelling out 100mill ea atm, i barely want to pay 50mill ea (which I will when it happens)
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Pretty expensive yeah, but hilariously enough they were the cheapest thing to buy/make.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    I'm still stuck on those, but is the difference really that noticeable? Just basing off the numbers, the difference doesn't seem much, or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by IMACOP View Post
    I'm still stuck on those, but is the difference really that noticeable? Just basing off the numbers, the difference doesn't seem much, or am I missing something?
    It's noticeable for me because i'm going from 600 total atk unit affix, ~200 hp to ~1000 atk and 1000 hp.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

As a complete low-effort dope who isn't big into affixing and whatnot, at least not yet...

If I grab the standard stuff from the badge shop, as a Hero, would it be better to upgrade the Novel units into Liberate ones, or don't bother? More attack is good for Hero, but at the same time losing that slight amount of HP and defense means a higher chance of a stray hit knocking down my attack bonus from not losing so much health over the course of a minute or so.

I'll admit, I don't know how the whole calculations pan out or if it even matters at all with how high these numbers are and how relatively small the gap is between them.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!