Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Some questions from a “new” player

Played PSO & PSU for countless thousand hours on Dreamcast, Xbox OG, GameCube and 360.
    But no experience with PSO2 since I don’t like pc gaming.

Had some stuff I was curious about, will probably play Force & Ranger like before, so I’m kinda confused about race.
    Always loved Cast and Newmans, so probably try out those.

Ive read that it isn’t too big of a deal, unless you are a Cast force for example. So this means I’ll have to go 2 characters instead of just one?

How are Dumans for both? I will be looking to min/max, as that’s what I find enjoyable, and hopefully I’ll fit in some fashion as well.

Are Dumans comparable to others in both mag/melee?

What races do you recommend for endgame classes and why?

Is it true you can’t change gender or race still?

Is there any difference between male/female except visuals? For example PSU has different stats and animations with weapons

Nice to be back, surprised my old account was still here ^_^

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DPShiro View Post
    Ive read that it isn’t too big of a deal, unless you are a Cast force for example. So this means I’ll have to go 2 characters instead of just one?
    It's not much of a situation like PSU. You could play as a Force as Cast. The issue though of course is it will take you longer to reach requirements for certain things as while it's not too bad, your T-ATK and T-DEF in general is low in general so let's say a human can learn a disk at maybe level 50 while you would have to wait until maybe level 55 or 60 or something. Just an example.

How are Dumans for both? I will be looking to min/max, as that’s what I find enjoyable, and hopefully I’ll fit in some fashion as well.
    Dumans are fine for everything in general. They're not much of a glass cannon anymore like in Infinity, though. Once again as stated, stats for the most part are almost evened out so you it's not much of a factor.
    The only issue I have with Dumans are their softened button-like nose that they have that stands out way too much for me at times.

Are Dumans comparable to others in both mag/melee?
    Already answered.

Races don't matter. Really. By endgame they're for the most part equal. Play whichever you're interested in playing.

Well yeah... not sure why they would allow that. You CAN change your skin colour between the races though.

Is there any difference between male/female except visuals? For example PSU has different stats and animations with weapons
    Once again like races, male and female stats are slightly different, but not too much of a factor as once again PSO or PSU. I haven't seen a difference in attack animations for males and females and for things like lobby actions, you can use either on both.
    Oh and in walking/running/lobby seats. Those are different.

Overall, play however you want on whichever race or sex you like.
    You also have 3 free character slots so you could make a Duman, Cast/Caseal, and whichever and play them however you please.
    Last edited by [Ayumi]; Jan 28, 2020 at 07:22 AM.

I'll give similar answers to [Ayumi]

At endgame all combinations are able to do everything. The character stats are dwarfed by the stats provided by equipment. If I remember correctly, the difference in T-atk between Newman F and Cast M (which should be the largest difference for any stat) is less than 100 at lvl90/90. That translates to less than 2% difference at maximal output conditions (dummy target test), and this difference is further reduced the more movement (downtime) you include. Race/sex combination only matters for how fast you can learn new PAs/Techs and how fast you can equip higher rarity weapons. But you will be able to learn and equip absolutely everything before the level cap.

Also note that you get passive bonuses to every character on a ship once you reach lvl75 for each class. This means that your alts will have an even easier time levelling up if you unlock them all first on a main character.

Dewman is advertised as the race with higher attack and lesser defenses. But still, if you want to absolutely minmax down to the 0.0001%, you have only Male Cast for R-atk, only Newman Female for T-atk, and Dewman Male / Cast Male for S-atk. You can consult the japanese wiki for further information.

There is no such thing as endgame class. I think some Gunner variant is supposed to be the best class for solo content based on Endless Quest performance.

You can't. Which is why you should roll a female. There are 5 times more outfit options than for male.

Is there any difference between male/female except visuals?
    Only visuals.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/commen...ef_source=link

All the racial, class, and gender difference you can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Dewman is advertised as the race with higher attack and lesser defenses. But still, if you want to absolutely minmax down to the 0.0001%, you have only Male Cast for R-atk, only Newman Female for T-atk, and Dewman Male / Cast Male for S-atk. You can consult the japanese wiki for further information.

Male Deuman is the highest S-atk, followed by female deuman. Female deuman and female cast tie for highest r-atk. The only real significance is how cast has 100 more hp over everyone.

I myself came back just a few days ago. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one.

Since you said you don't like pc gaming, assuming you mean keyboard and mouse, you can actually use an xbox controller. Well I hope you still can.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellex View Post
    I myself came back just a few days ago. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one.

Since you said you don't like pc gaming, assuming you mean keyboard and mouse, you can actually use an xbox controller. Well I hope you still can.
    Yes, you still can use a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post

You can't. Which is why you should roll a female. There are 5 times more outfit options than for male.
    and also 5 times more expensive than male costumes

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loyd Azakuya View Post
    and also 5 times more expensive than male costumes
    The only envy I have of males is I truly truly truly wish I had more pants options. Sega hates giving me pants.

Though overall, male options as a whole are very poor and terrible. Especially for Casts as you can only make metal beings and nothing that has an actual face like Caseals.

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    Especially for Casts as you can only make metal beings and nothing that has an actual face like Caseals.
    ????
    Male CASTs can use human faces as well. This right here is my male CAST:
    Spoiler!

Unless you are talking about CAST-like head/hairstyle with an exposed face?

Beastly looking Cast....nice