Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post

if anything 2 weeks is not enough

I pray this is the new standard
    do you think you have enough storage space for that

I also forgot to mention: no bingo, no limited Arks missions.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

i think i would be ok if it was unlimited runs and had a bingo. but 3 run limit is just why?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaoc View Post
    i think i would be ok if it was unlimited runs and had a bingo. but 3 run limit is just why?
    The 3 run limit does make sense from a casual perspective, it means people don't have to rush like madmen and you don't see people being toxic about not getting their 4th/5th/whatever run because mpas and the likes. I also think it kinda sucks but it's still the lesser evil in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    The 3 run limit does make sense from a casual perspective, it means people don't have to rush like madmen and you don't see people being toxic about not getting their 4th/5th/whatever run because mpas and the likes. I also think it kinda sucks but it's still the lesser evil in my opinion
    Unlimited runs for like an hour would be better. Even if you get d/c'd or have to go up town for 20 or so min, you can still hop on and play,

They can't have unlimited runs because then people who are able to spend a lot more time online will accumulate all their rewards earlier, and then they will not login late, which will lead to more casual people not being able to find groups for EQs.
    If they allowed unlimited runs and modified drop rate so that the first group would get the new equipment/rewards in the expected time frame (say 2 or 4 weeks, right before the next update), then the second group would never be able to get new equipment.
    If they kept the drop rate with casual playing in mind, then hardcore players would get done within a few days, and have nothing to do until the next wave of upgrades arrives. So they'd leave and possibly find other games that satisfy their gaming needs, which means loss of revenue.

This is the exact problem that every single online game faces. While I do not agree with Sega's solution, I cannot suggest an "improvement" without throwing the entire gearing system out of the window.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

it's the classic "how do we keep the hardcore players around to carry the casuals, and give the hardcore players reasons to care about carrying casuals" conundrum I guess

not to derail but I wish they expanded on the buster quest free match system more, it had potential to do just that, but they didnt take it far enough imo

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    it's the classic "how do we keep the hardcore players around to carry the casuals, and give the hardcore players reasons to care about carrying casuals" conundrum I guess

not to derail but I wish they expanded on the buster quest free match system more, it had potential to do just that, but they didnt take it far enough imo
    they can keep the hardcores around by giving us content thats rewarding and isnt limited or just one quest for a month.

might as well add the Chronos Stone to BQ's, no reason to do any of that content outside SG but far as I remember, we were getting a lot of Tower Defense based content and it was getting super stale, TD 1-4+VR.

As much as I would like to see UH TD's, I want to see it actually revamped well, not just bloated Mob and Boss HP and the only boss getting any kind of treatment is Vibras but hell, we all know Sega's going to do that anyways
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

My bet is that PSCrew is more focused on making sure the new player experience is good rather than develop new content. At least atm.

We got
    - Arks missions overhauling Arks Road system while also overhauling the reward structure
    - Group chat expanding one of the strongest aspects of the game, the social interactions.
    - Pyroxene consolidation to make AQ and XQ less bad from a reward standpoint and less bloaty on the storage
    - Prologue chapter overhaul as well as Consolidating the entire Story into one menu (rather than contantly replacing one gimmick with another, be it Matter boards, Story boards, Omnibus quests)
    - Finishing the Successor class trinity before the episode ended, which goes against their original intention of releasing one class per episode (which no doubt ate up a lot of resources).
    - Johzef and Maria CO being consolidated into fewer tasks with better rewards
    - Improving free fields by making more enemies spawn even in solo play
    - Auto loot
    - Adding a training dummy
    - Simplifying Ziegs Exchange menu a LOT.

I'd say that PSCrew got the news that PSO2 would be localized and it finally hit them that their game is all over the place and needs some sort of fixing. Something which sub based MMO's usually would do along the way (well i only have FF14 as a reference tbh but i doubt even WoW neglected old content as much) but PSO2 has now to deal with all of it in one go.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, this doesn't mean that the state of the game atm isn't bad. I'm just sharing my thoughts on why that may be.
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; Feb 11, 2020 at 05:57 PM.

completely agree with you on your post, maybe thats the delay with content atm or at least why its so little sprinkled here and there
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers