Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    this talk of an IP ban happening again is never going to end is it? the eternal fear mongering until the NA release finally happens
    I didn't think much about it when the talk came up years ago, but I do know my connection couldn't get on for a few months that I needed a proxy to play, but I didn't think it was an IP ban and wasn't worried in general.
    Was a really bad few months though, having to worry about 630 every 30 minutes or so... sometimes even happens more frequent than that. I knew PSO2 SEA wasn't going to be a problem for me as I'm not in SEA, but in this situation where I'm in NA... yeah. I would be a bit worried as I don't want to experience what they did to PSU PC/PS2 and PSU360 yet again with PSO2 NA.

After my time on PSU, I had planned since 2012 that I wasn't going to play an NA version of PSO2. No matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    I didn't think much about it when the talk came up years ago, but I do know my connection couldn't get on for a few months that I needed a proxy to play, but I didn't think it was an IP ban and wasn't worried in general.
    Was a really bad few months though, having to worry about 630 every 30 minutes or so... sometimes even happens more frequent than that. I knew PSO2 SEA wasn't going to be a problem for me as I'm not in SEA, but in this situation where I'm in NA... yeah. I would be a bit worried as I don't want to experience what they did to PSU PC/PS2 and PSU360 yet again with PSO2 NA.

After my time on PSU, I had planned since 2012 that I wasn't going to play an NA version of PSO2. No matter what.
    What could they possibly do for NA that they wouldn't do for PSU?
    -Both regions had separate servers (Xbox 360 players in Japan connected to NA servers though for some reason but the community was extremely small)
    -PSU PC/PS2 shutdown first because of the lack of community along with cheating (not like they won't try and curb that on NA)
    -Xbox 360 PSU didn't have cross servers but PSO2 will
    -Literally no IP lock to play PSU JP
    -Sega of America Admins handled the no content gap extremely poorly during PSU's last years, the biggest issue that should concern most is if they're going to pull that stunt again later down NA's lifespan

If you're referring to having to use a proxy to play JP back when the DDoS happened, you and everyone else had to deal with that (if they couldnt connect naturally), either your ISP was part of the block or wasn't, you couldn't do much about it. Sounds like you had anxiety from just not being able to play the game in general which isn't healthy (could be wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    nope lol
    okay so unless you got some concrete info from the official sources that you can link to everyone and not just "i heard it from a PSO2 discord insider" then quit passing around fake info, the PS community is already dumb enough when it comes to rumors and fearmongering (maybe the same could be said about any game community) that this kind of info spreads out so much that people are stupid enough to stick to this narrative like with NA getting content before JP despite starting up with delayed content to ease players in.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    What could they possibly do for NA that they wouldn't do for PSU?
    -Both regions had separate servers (Xbox 360 players in Japan connected to NA servers though for some reason but the community was extremely small)
    -PSU PC/PS2 shutdown first because of the lack of community along with cheating (not like they won't try and curb that on NA)
    -Sega of America Admins handled the no content gap extremely poorly during PSU's last years, the biggest issue that should concern most is if they're going to pull that stunt again later down NA's lifespan

If you're referring to having to use a proxy to play JP back when the DDoS happened, you and everyone else had to deal with that (if they couldnt connect naturally), either your ISP was part of the block or wasn't, you couldn't do much about it. Sounds like you had anxiety from just not being able to play the game in general which isn't healthy (could be wrong)

While extremely small, the ones I knew complained about Sega not releasing certain things and the reskinned situation near the end of its life got them really angry with the NA players.
    The reason I'm not that annoyed with missing content on PSO to PSU is at least a good bit of unreleased stuff for PSO (on DC and GCN at least) could've been downloaded onto a memory card/pak /VMU and played still. Anything you missed out on while playing PSU on PC/PS2 or 360 NA... you're SOL.
    I rather not deal with that again, which is why I wasted no time signing up for the alpha and beta of PSO2 years back and planned on playing the JPN version.
    Seen missions, weapons, clothes I wanted that we never got. Still remember playing PSP2 on release day in Japan while I idled on PSU on the 360 and mainly fantasizing on maybe getting some of the things that's in PSP2 on PSU and having fun.
    JPN got some of it.... NA got nothing. Yay...
    Like I said, one big reason I said I would never play NA.

A lot of people were playing on and off waiting for the next update to come and usually only played during big events. Last big one I recall was the 1st MAG. Game was packed/full and then the community just completely died away after that waiting for the next update which never really came.
    Hell on PSO2 people do that as well. The ships usually dead unless an EQ is coming or the 1st few days of a new event/mission/quest.
    As for the cheating, they could've easily combatted it.
    I remember early days of PSU, I think it was Nugz that tried to come back and prove he could still do what he did on PSO within PSU and for the most part, Sega stopped him. Yeah, some others since then been finding ways on bypassing and still cheating and hacking, but Sega seemed to have given up around then. That's NA players fault I guess?

PSO2 had cheaters and hackers too which Sega stomped out hard. One of the ones I remember were parties that would have launchers equipped and shooting at a wall in a free field. Never understood what exactly they were doing or how they did it, but they would kill everything on the map while they stood in a line with launchers and shot at walls. No items would drop either, and the only way you would've gotten any kills counted or exp given were if you stood near them... even though you could run through the MPA area and see an enemy die right in front of your face... but it would not count (I only knew this because I was worried if I stayed in the MPA area, it would lead to me getting banned with those cheaters so I would rush to area 3 and hoped the kills around me would've count to help me with the S or A rank I might've needed for a CO... only to find out I kept getting C rank if I ever was unlucky to get in an MPA with one of these cheaters).
    There were other ones where people made very tiny characters, or floating NPCs, or NPCs out of reach or in space or whatever. The thing is Sega curbed that very quickly. I heard they still got RMTers on the game (don't know what they do to get the money and I don't want to know), but they're still caring enough to battle it. No excuse for how they managed PSUNA.

Xbox didn't, but PC/PS2 did. So I'm not sure what you mean about this. Unless you mean 360 couldn't play with PS2 and/or PC.
    Yeah but... even then the problem was how they managed both either way. I didn't want that kind of management again with PSO2.

Could say the same for PSO too so this isn't special. I didn't think about the whole IP lock stuff until PSO2 SEA shut down and found out that those in that region are still pretty much locked out without a proxy in playing PSO2JP.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND this is what I don't want to deal with. This is exactly what I don't want to deal with. While we don't know how much longer PSO2 will last as it's almost been a decade now since it's been out (PSO lasted about 6 years I think if you total DC/GCN/PC and PSU was about 6 or 7 years), and while yes it's going to be new in NA this year... it's still an old game now. Don't know how they're going to be managing the game in NA, but in general it is still technically in the "later years" for the most part.
    I do not want to deal with their management in NA.

I get your points and I didn't want to get too detailed with a lot of the stuff you mentioned (kinda why I limited what I said). the last part though is what im hoping doesnt happen even though I'll be super on and off on NA
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers