Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21
    Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ship 2, Oberon City
    Posts
    1,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Being in a far 3rd position, M$ is in no position to piss-off any player base right now, I wouldn't worry about that.
    Was it Playpark that got SEA locked away on PSO2? I thought it was Sega just flat out saying, "You got your version. Play that. Go away."
    Then when it got shut down it was, "Should've played/supported your version. Too bad. Go away."

    But if it wasn't Sega and was Playpark that did that then yeah... I would be less worried.

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    Was it Playpark that got SEA locked away on PSO2? I thought it was Sega just flat out saying, "You got your version. Play that. Go away."
    Then when it got shut down it was, "Should've played/supported your version. Too bad. Go away."

    But if it wasn't Sega and was Playpark that did that then yeah... I would be less worried.
    The IP block on SEA was at Asiasoft's request; don't forget, they also had a block in place to prevent anyone outside of SEA from playing their version. By contrast, the Taiwanese version published by Gamania never had any IP blocks, as far as I am aware.
    Last edited by Anduril; Feb 16, 2020 at 07:38 PM.


  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    The IP block on SEA was at Asiasoft's request; don't forget, they also had a block in place to prevent anyone outside of SEA from playing their version. By contrast, the Taiwanese version published by Gamania never had any IP blocks, as far as I am aware.
    No IP block in Taiwan
    And we just got Taiwan version of PSO2 Idola..
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2


    Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    The IP block on SEA was at Asiasoft's request; don't forget, they also had a block in place to prevent anyone outside of SEA from playing their version. By contrast, the Taiwanese version published by Gamania never had any IP blocks, as far as I am aware.
    I highly doubt it's all on Asiasoft though and it's most likely agreed upon by both while Sega calling the shots. Remember pso2 in PAX2012? Chances are Sega have plans to release the game in the west but then PSO2 SEA came in but doesn't want it's players to flock to the only English server available. And tbh having no IP block in the first place will only benefit Asiasoft in the long run especially when server is losing its players back then. Back when PSO2 SEA was experiencing connection issues and the IP block temporarily went down word quickly spread and the server was immediately flooded with new players thinking that the IP block was gone for good though it was short lived. And also the reason Taiwan not having any IP block at all is pretty obvious. Who would even play there other than the Taiwanese themselves?

  5. #25
    Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ship 2, Oberon City
    Posts
    1,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HardBoiledPapa View Post
    I highly doubt it's all on Asiasoft though and it's most likely agreed upon by both while Sega calling the shots. Remember pso2 in PAX2012? Chances are Sega have plans to release the game in the west but then PSO2 SEA came in but doesn't want it's players to flock to the only English server available. And tbh having no IP block in the first place will only benefit Asiasoft in the long run especially when server is losing its players back then. Back when PSO2 SEA was experiencing connection issues and the IP block temporarily went down word quickly spread and the server was immediately flooded with new players thinking that the IP block was gone for good though it was short lived. And also the reason Taiwan not having any IP block at all is pretty obvious. Who would even play there other than the Taiwanese themselves?
    Thinking on it, I think I did download PSO2 SEA during the time that the IP block was down temporarily and played for a few hours one day, and the time I went back to check the game out was when the block came back.

    Also: "Who would even play there other than the Taiwanese themselves?"
    I had no other way of playing Dragon Ball Online except the Taiwan version long ago. I think the same was for the short while I played Dragon Quest X (That or I might've played the Japanese version).
    When you have no other choices, you might take what you can get.
    Not that I had a clue what was going on 99% of the time as I don't read Taiwanese.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    Thinking on it, I think I did download PSO2 SEA during the time that the IP block was down temporarily and played for a few hours one day, and the time I went back to check the game out was when the block came back.

    Also: "Who would even play there other than the Taiwanese themselves?"
    I had no other way of playing Dragon Ball Online except the Taiwan version long ago. I think the same was for the short while I played Dragon Quest X (That or I might've played the Japanese version).
    When you have no other choices, you might take what you can get.
    Not that I had a clue what was going on 99% of the time as I don't read Taiwanese.
    Well thing is you have choices back then. Western players have the JP server to choose from instead of the Taiwanese server while SEA players are screwed and can only play in SEA servers unless you use a proxy to play in JP which means no point of ever trying out Taiwan server at all because they're almost the same in content. Basically I just don't see any incentives of Taiwan having an IP block in the first place from a business perspective.

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HardBoiledPapa View Post
    I highly doubt it's all on Asiasoft though and it's most likely agreed upon by both while Sega calling the shots.
    Asiasoft also implemented IP Blocks with other games they published by different developers, like Maple Story, Audition Online, and Ragnarok Online 2, so I'm pretty sure it is mostly on them.


  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Asiasoft also implemented IP Blocks with other games they published by different developers, like Maple Story, Audition Online, and Ragnarok Online 2, so I'm pretty sure it is mostly on them.
    Which is you know pretty common for publishers to do but then according to the mods on SEA forums it's all up to Sega or they are just following orders every time western players asked about the ip block. And yes I've been a lurker in that forum ever since the open beta. If Asiasoft really is the only one behind it then why the heck would they put it back in after it went down especially when their players are dwindling in number and then suddenly got a massive boost of foreign players. I mean they could've scrapped it all just to keep the server alive, right? More players means more money for them, right?

  9. #29

    Default

    this talk of an IP ban happening again is never going to end is it? the eternal fear mongering until the NA release finally happens
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX - the man stuck in 2014 View Post
    Kewl, I'm using double set still, since when crafted stat boosts can overcome any full 12* set.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    you got a source SoJ is working on the West release?
    nope lol
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Similar Threads

  1. Next Update 02/05/2020
    By Maulcun in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2020, 03:40 AM
  2. Next Update 01/22/2020
    By Maulcun in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 22, 2020, 05:33 AM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: Dec 2, 2006, 04:56 PM
  4. NPC Prices for next update
    By Randomness in forum PSU General
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Nov 28, 2006, 10:07 AM
  5. Next update, need Japanese player knowledge.
    By Zgun in forum PSU General
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Nov 20, 2006, 10:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •