Default Returning player with some questions!

Hey all! My name is Egner and boy am I glad to be back !

So I have no clue what people I used to play with still are around, if any at all. I was an extremely avid PSU player for xbox 360, I carried over my interests to PSO2 when it came out in japan and right around the time the server block thing became an issue for the west players i got very unmotivated to move forward. However, reading japanese is not my strong suit so the lack of fully translated game made me succumb to laziness and just never returned. I digress!

The xbox closed beta is temporarily here for a couple days and I fully intend on playing it (am trying now but obviously there are issues lol)

I do have a few questions that some people would probably find loaded, and others that are simple and any answers or encouragements are appreciated!

1. Is there a dominant class or race to play as in terms of being OP?

2. How active is the game now (really referring to the general game not xbox obviously) in terms of events, updating the game, etc...

3. How does this game compare after being mostly developed being out for 7 years (Im probably wrong on that time period lol) to PSU or PSO?.

4. I've heard some tips regarding mags, if anyone would mind running me down a TL;DR for them I would greatly appreciate it!

I'm always interested in playing with newer people, if anyone would like to add me on xbox, my gamertag is SP RaNDoM KiD, feel free to add me. I'm definitely looking forward to get back into the game as I work toward finishing college lol.

Thanks!

1. I'm not too up-to-date on the best DPS class, but as for race, unless you want to really min-max, it's all about the aesthetic you want.
    2. It's fairly active, though there is rarely actual "new" content nowadays, just a cycle Limited and Emergency Quests that use existing assets.
    3. It is a different game than either, so it is really hard to compare.
    4. Mags are only useful if they are pure ATK or pure DEX depending on your class; mixed or DEF mags are really just bad.