Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to feed your MAG properly.

Feeding formulas for MAGs are as follows:

For full T-MAG feed two 9* tech based weapons (yellow icons) and one 8* weapon. That will raise T-attack and the Dex bar will rise almost to max but it won't pass above it. After that when the MAG gets hungry you feed it 3* or 6* candy items and T-attack will raise a bit but deplete all the Dex bar to 0. In the past this was done with 6* furniture but that method is now obsolete.

R- MAG is almost the same but with ranged weapons (blue icons) and with 5* furniture items.

S-Attack with strike weapons (red icons) and 4* furniture.

Dex MAG is the easiest, just feed it crafted PA or Tech discs and if the MAG gets hungry before the crafting lines are available then just feed it regular PA discs in the mean time. (Nah! just buy more crafted discs as it will be faster)

Apart from feeding the MAG you also use those Mini Food Devices for MAGs from the photon sphere shop to increase it. Clearing your 1rst level cap CO from Koffie will give 50 of each mini food device. You will need 336 Photon Spheres in total if you want to level up your MAG solely this way.

Pay attention to the skills and weapon type that a class have to decide what MAG to make as well as the Main class/ Sub Class combination. For example Hero with the skill called Hero MAG can duplicate any full MAG that have all levels on either S, R or T attack and add the same amount to the other 2 attacks so Hero can use any full attack MAG and classes like Braver, Bouncer and Phantom have a similar ability but use a full Dex Mag instead.

Check the specific class guides for more info on what MAG you should use for each class or class combination.

Thanks to:

Anduril for the new info about the candies and crafted PAs

Kril for the exact quantity of required photon spheres and the other tips.
    Last edited by LordKaiser; Mar 15, 2020 at 08:31 PM.

The Mini Food Devices are from the Photon Sphere Shop, and reaching lv100 on your Mag clearing Koffie's first Level Cap CO will give you a box of 50(?) of each from Main ARKS Missions.

For T-ATK/TEC, 3* and 6* Candy are an alternative to 6* Furniture as they raise T-ATK/TEC by 32pts. and 64pts.respectively (just about the same as 3* and 6* weapons) and lower DEX by the same amount compared to the +5/-10 of the Furniture. Though, you do have to be Summoner main to get them to drop.

Also, for DEX, Crafted Discs give 5 times more pts.than regular PA discs (150pts. and 30pts. respectively).
    Last edited by Anduril; Feb 17, 2020 at 01:33 AM.

you need like 328 Photon Spheres for a Lv200 mag right? some easy solo PD runs or general EQ's in general with 10* drops. I also think you get that mag device item from Main Missions either for leveling or something else, I know it didnt require leveling your Mag to Lv100 because during the NA CBT i got that box with the Mag Food Devices in them and my mag went straight to Lv70
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    you need like 328 Photon Spheres for a Lv200 mag right? some easy solo PD runs or general EQ's in general with 10* drops. I also think you get that mag device item from Main Missions either for leveling or something else, I know it didnt require leveling your Mag to Lv100 because during the NA CBT i got that box with the Mag Food Devices in them and my mag went straight to Lv70
    It's 336 Spheres, and it drops to ~302 if you get that ARKS Mission Reward (which I'm pretty sure does give you 50 of each since that would put you 100 points shy of lv70 on the Mag from lv0).

And, you're right, I just checked and it was for clearing the first Level Cap CO.

Ultimately, if you make your 3 free characters, you can save ~100 Photon Spheres on one of each type of Mag, since that ARKS Mission Reward is per character, not per account.
    Last edited by Anduril; Feb 17, 2020 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    It's 336 Spheres, and it drops to ~302 if you get that ARKS Mission Reward (which I'm pretty sure does give you 50 of each since that would put you 100 points shy of lv70 on the Mag from lv0).

And, you're right, I just checked and it was for clearing the first Level Cap CO.

Ultimately, if you make your 3 free characters, you can save ~100 Photon Spheres on one of each type of Mag, since that ARKS Mission Reward is per character, not per account.
    ah was close, couldnt remember the exact number but i know farming that many spheres isnt super hard just takes a bit of time assuming NA gets solo trigs not too long after release. 3 free character slot idea is good too if people just want to focus on one character for the time being
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

The Mini Food Devices are from the Photon Sphere Shop, and reaching lv100 on your Mag clearing Koffie's first Level Cap CO will give you a box of 50(?) of each from Main ARKS Missions.

For T-ATK/TEC, 3* and 6* Candy are an alternative to 6* Furniture as they raise T-ATK/TEC by 32pts. and 64pts.respectively (just about the same as 3* and 6* weapons) and lower DEX by the same amount compared to the +5/-10 of the Furniture. Though, you do have to be Summoner main to get them to drop.

Also, for DEX, Crafted Discs give 5 times more pts.than regular PA discs (150pts. and 30pts. respectively).
    Do other rarity of candy works like 4* and 5* furniture also? Sorry I can't test this any longer as my MAGs are maxed out. Anyways great information, I will add it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    Do other rarity of candy works like 4* and 5* furniture also? Sorry I can't test this any longer as my MAGs are maxed out. Anyways great information, I will add it.
    Unfortunately, no. 7* Candy raises DEX and lowers the ATK stats, and 9* Candy raises all ATK stats equally.

The Mag feeding data is available here:
    https://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?マグのエサ

Unfortunately, no. 7* Candy raises DEX and lowers the ATK stats, and 9* Candy raises all ATK stats equally.

The Mag feeding data is available here:
    https://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?マグのエサ
    I see, well it's finished now. Hopefully this will help newbies to do less mistakes as many ruins their MAG and also on the Xbox One beta I even saw streamers destroy their MAGs by feeding random items to them.

Everyone always talks about how you should put stats into a specific ATTACK stat. Is there an issue with having a defensive mag? It seems to me that it would be helpful to be able to focus on attack with my char and then let my mag help with defense stats.

Every guide I find only talks about attack stats

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPope View Post
    Everyone always talks about how you should put stats into a specific ATTACK stat. Is there an issue with having a defensive mag? It seems to me that it would be helpful to be able to focus on attack with my char and then let my mag help with defense stats.

Every guide I find only talks about attack stats
    For parity's sake:

The main thing is equipment conditions, since Mags add directly to your base stats. In many cases there are high rarity weapons that cannot be equipped if you do not have an ATK Mag. For example, a 95/95 Hu/Et Male Deuman, without any stat up Skills or a lv200 S-ATK Mag, has 885 S-ATK, but a Still Sword requires 920 S-ATK to equip.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jun 2, 2020 at 11:27 AM.