Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Gears, Fable and Halo for exclusives...... Destiny, Fortnite and CoD would be nice collabs too.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    and thats how EP5 payed the price for EP4 constant stupidity

1 the most notorius consecuence its the shorten budget which led the team original plan to be fully focus on BQ

2 in consecuence of point 1 QoL didnt change in absolutly nothing (maybe Hans and Revelle COs but im not sure)

3 when puso ni no comic animations came out , i was like : wow incredible how a much more simple format stomp on 2016 anime
    I was one of the ones that stopped playing around EP4 for half of the time and the same for EP5.
    For EP4, it was I was not interested in playing "Anime: The Game" which is what that timeframe was and I felt the story breakdance over a dead shark. Didn't even bother jumping over it.

For EP5, I didn't play whatsoever after max leveling Hero as when I saw the main focus seemed to have been BQ and the story went the Fire Emblem medieval route, I knew I just needed a break from the game until that episode was over.
    I did not like BQs at all as I got tired of them after a few plays (did them as I wanted to do the campaign for the Hero weapon camo) and I know I'm in the minority but I do not like Fire Emblem or medieval-themed stories/games/books in general. If you do, that's fine. I was always more of a Famicom/Advance Wars person.

I did watch the Puso Ni stuff as I had a lot of enjoyment out of it. It felt more true to PSO2 than that horrible anime. I also got many laughs out of it because as a PS player, I could've related to it very well as most of the jokes didn't just only work for PSO2 but for PSO and PSU as well.
    Wished they did more, but something tells me it might've outstayed its welcome if it did probably.

I hate Episode 4 with my guts, but once I played it, past all the shcoolgirl stuff, I enjoyed everything Mother to the end. I dislike everything FROM Omega, the only bits of episode 5 I liked were the ARKS bits.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    I hate Episode 4 with my guts, but once I played it, past all the shcoolgirl stuff, I enjoyed everything Mother to the end. I dislike everything FROM Omega, the only bits of episode 5 I liked were the ARKS bits.
    i only liked the parts that involve the dark falzs , the very 1st chapter and the dragon one were boring , hell even the dragon raid gives me lazyness , actually because of it i took an hiatus until may 2018 when omega loser and aprentice were released

more comments i will save them for a video

Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    I guess by that logic Mega Man X6-8 had every right to be made and Rise of Skywalker is the greatest movie ever.

But That's your opinión.
    UNLESS it was reviewed by the majority to be terrible/good otherwise then you can somewhat make a partial judgement on it.
    test

I guess by that logic Mega Man X6-8 had every right to be made and Rise of Skywalker is the greatest movie ever.

But That's your opinión.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    UNLESS it was reviewed by the majority to be terrible/good otherwise then you can somewhat make a partial judgement on it.
    I can understand maybe X6, but what was wrong with X7 and X8 exactly?

But yeah, I play Idola, but I don't really like it as a PS game as it feels nothing like a PS game.
    And PSU I can get the criticism, but not PSO and PSO2 (outside of EP4 and EP5).

A long time ago I had a pretty biased opinión on all of the 3D Phantasy Star games, It's not really A good feeling to see a natural conclusión to a franchise only to see it go off the deep end it wben it suddenly gets "brought back"
    For the sake of trying to go for the next big thing. (PSO) Destroying the name vía huge blunder (PSU) Or just outright
    mutilating it beyond compare (PSO2 EP 4, IDOLA) Worse yet you could also pretend You care about a franchise by celebrating a Aniversary only to come out with some something that says You really don't give a damn (Again IDOLA) So i aplogise my Opinión came so late:

I think all of the PSO/PSU games are great games in thier own right but are they capable of carrying the Phantasy Star name? Absolutly not.
    okay I understand that the original is basically super different that what it is today, I've played a couple of the old PS games (didnt beat them, just had an interest in them but considered going back) to get a feel from them and loved them but despite how much its changed to what it is now, I can't exactly get all that back, only hints of it here and there if Sega provides it (Ep5 Dragon was pretty neat to see as an EQ).

PSU was alright, I'll be fair with it as I still found myself going back to PSO 1&2 pretty often during its lifespan but I still put a lot of hours into that game. As for its story, ya it was pretty meh, could have been better but the games play mechanics were changing, couldn't expect everything to stay the same.

You've only read about Ep4 from other people when you came around asking about the game, could argue that you needed to experience it first hand but you can't but reading super old threads about it may hold up, it did suck and you saw Sega pushing microtransactions harder (or rather the mobile game narrative further), from an outsiders perspective you can grasp the idea of how much people disliked but not actually feel the hate for what it was.

As for Idola being released as a anniversary celebration, fucking hell I was just as upset as others about it. Sega just looking to bandwagon off the Fate Go craze and it was (to me) a major disrespect to the Fans and the series as a whole. I always say this too, they could do so so much more but they f***ing don't, I just don't know why.

As for carrying the PSO name, debatable, PSO 1&2 can, PSU not so much, PSO2 well thats up for debate

But That's your opinión.
    X6, the game where the stages are harder than the bosses. I still say its the weakest and you saw how down hill it went after X4 (other fans say X3 but I found X4 to be the right balance). X7 and X8 is just bleh, I get they needed to do 3D but it was just so poorly execute that they left a bad taste for the hardcore fans.
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Feb 18, 2020 at 09:31 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    I can understand maybe X6, but what was wrong with X7 and X8 exactly?

But yeah, I play Idola, but I don't really like it as a PS game as it feels nothing like a PS game.
    And PSU I can get the criticism, but not PSO and PSO2 (outside of EP4 and EP5).

X7: Horrible level design, terrible controls and a certain infamous line on repeat.... Care to know which one that is?

X8: nothing really wrong with it Except it really screwed up the story thanks to Capcom.

PSO is a B horror movie plot (Except for ep 3)Without the plot because who really remembers the story outside of the Side quests?

PSO2: Anime the game (2010's ugh)
    The point is that works without thier original creators are dead ....... Not that it would matter they already did thier part with the original story but hey business is business right?
    Last edited by StreetFighter2242; Feb 18, 2020 at 10:13 PM.
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

X8: nothing really wrong with it Except it really screwed up the story thanks to Capcom.

PSO is a B horror movie plot (Except for ep 3)Without the plot because who really remembers the story outside of the Side quests?

PSO2: Anime the game (2010's ugh)
    The point is that works without thier original creators are dead ....... Not that it would matter they already did thier part with the original story but hey business is business right?
    X8 I kind of liked where they were goine really. I didn't like Axl much, but I felt the games could try going pass a bit on what has happened over the course of the games.
    Sigma kept finding a way to come back and I found the ending was a good sign of "Ooh, the series might evolve past the war that's been going on since X? Will Axl become the new Sigma? I can't wait to see what they might come up with with X9."
    Did we get an X9? Nope. If anything, X8 is bad because it never got the continuation, which I can agree makes it one of the weaker games in the X series.

As for PSO's story, I thought the side quests as a whole were meant to be a bigger role of the main story and plot of the game. Mome, Sue, Bernie, Rupika, Nol, etc etc etc added to the things on the whole mystery in general of what was going on on Ragol and what Pioneer 1 found.
    Never really saw PSO was meant to be played without the side quests. I don't know as in general for me with RPGs, I tend to try and talk to anything and everything and touch every quest I can in a game to get the full story and experience. That's just me, though. I'm not one of the "smart types" when it come to RPGs as I tend to comb every inch of the games.
    I think one of the reasons I really liked EP3 of PSO (outside of I did like the C.A.R.D. combat) is the story to me felt close to the classic PS games with the blend of PSO-esque to it.
    But as I said, I'm not one of the smart ones as I'm one of the ones that just like enjoying PS, I really liked PSO's vibe compared to PS while not liking the vibe of PSU... which is close to my situation with Sonic games where I like GEN/MS Sonic games (Even Spinball and 3D Blast), really liked the Adventure games and didn't like the vibe of the games after Heroes all that much (Especially Colours/Unleashed).

For PSO2, up until EP4 I should say, I felt seemed like a reteling of PSO's story, but trying to flesh it out a bit more. Because of that, I warmed up to PSO2 up until Episode 4. I did NOT like though that it seemed that PSO2's Rico seems to be Matoi (sorry Matoi fans, I just don't like her as much as Rico.)

This line though, I can easily relate in how you feel. I'm exactly the same with with Metroid. I say Metroid ended/died with Metroid Fusion.
    I feel like the series got disrespected from Zero Mission and onward and personally think one of the dumbest additions to the series is the Zero Suit as it doesn't make much sense, but I'm not going to get into the whole talk with Metroid as this isn't the place to talk about it.
    I'm just assuming the way I feel with how Metroid is treated now is pretty much how you see PS after PSIV.

Believe it or not, Phantasy Star 2-4 were already anime, and 4 would have been more anime if it had released in Mega CD as it was the initial intention. I've read criticism about the "cutscenes" in the remakes (Generation 1 and 2), and I see they as the follow up of Phantasy Star 4 cutscenes, only full screen. PSO for being an online game made it more text based, but ad avatars to the text bubbles and you have as much anime as a Persona game has, Episode III just put a manga on the story, that's anime the lazy version. And then PSU was FINALLY anime. And of course PSO2 followed. Problem is 2015 anime is not 2000's anime or 1990's anime, ot 1980's anime...