Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Believe it or not, Phantasy Star 2-4 were already anime, and 4 would have been more anime if it had released in Mega CD as it was the initial intention. I've read criticism about the "cutscenes" in the remakes (Generation 1 and 2), and I see they as the follow up of Phantasy Star 4 cutscenes, only full screen. PSO for being an online game made it more text based, but ad avatars to the text bubbles and you have as much anime as a Persona game has, Episode III just put a manga on the story, that's anime the lazy version. And then PSU was FINALLY anime. And of course PSO2 followed. Problem is 2015 anime is not 2000's anime or 1990's anime, ot 1980's anime...
    That's exactly my point lol.
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

From PSO2na Twitter:

And with this tweet, we share a message of hope. We hope that this is one of the last few weekends without #PSO2. 🙏 We miss you all, and we can't wait to bounce back in the ARKS Ship Lobby (with or without Photon Chairs.) Have a great Friday, everyone!

Good news for sure. This withdrawal is becoming unbearable. I need my PSO2 fix.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

I saw they had over 25k twitter followers..... not bad considering it’s a game we don’t want 🤣😂🤣😂

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    I saw they had over 25k twitter followers..... not bad considering it’s a game we don’t want 🤣😂🤣😂
    It's the people who will play for 2 weeks to a month then drop it citing there was nothing more to do.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.....positive vibes only ......
    test

Lolllllllololol.. That's funny.
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    X8 I kind of liked where they were goine really. I didn't like Axl much, but I felt the games could try going pass a bit on what has happened over the course of the games.
    Sigma kept finding a way to come back and I found the ending was a good sign of "Ooh, the series might evolve past the war that's been going on since X? Will Axl become the new Sigma? I can't wait to see what they might come up with with X9."
    Did we get an X9? Nope. If anything, X8 is bad because it never got the continuation, which I can agree makes it one of the weaker games in the X series.

As for PSO's story, I thought the side quests as a whole were meant to be a bigger role of the main story and plot of the game. Mome, Sue, Bernie, Rupika, Nol, etc etc etc added to the things on the whole mystery in general of what was going on on Ragol and what Pioneer 1 found.
    Never really saw PSO was meant to be played without the side quests. I don't know as in general for me with RPGs, I tend to try and talk to anything and everything and touch every quest I can in a game to get the full story and experience. That's just me, though. I'm not one of the "smart types" when it come to RPGs as I tend to comb every inch of the games.
    I think one of the reasons I really liked EP3 of PSO (outside of I did like the C.A.R.D. combat) is the story to me felt close to the classic PS games with the blend of PSO-esque to it.
    But as I said, I'm not one of the smart ones as I'm one of the ones that just like enjoying PS, I really liked PSO's vibe compared to PS while not liking the vibe of PSU... which is close to my situation with Sonic games where I like GEN/MS Sonic games (Even Spinball and 3D Blast), really liked the Adventure games and didn't like the vibe of the games after Heroes all that much (Especially Colours/Unleashed).

For PSO2, up until EP4 I should say, I felt seemed like a reteling of PSO's story, but trying to flesh it out a bit more. Because of that, I warmed up to PSO2 up until Episode 4. I did NOT like though that it seemed that PSO2's Rico seems to be Matoi (sorry Matoi fans, I just don't like her as much as Rico.)

The point is that works without thier original creators are dead ....... Not that it would matter they already did thier part with the original story but hey business is business right?
    This line though, I can easily relate in how you feel. I'm exactly the same with with Metroid. I say Metroid ended/died with Metroid Fusion.
    I feel like the series got disrespected from Zero Mission and onward and personally think one of the dumbest additions to the series is the Zero Suit as it doesn't make much sense, but I'm not going to get into the whole talk with Metroid as this isn't the place to talk about it.
    I'm just assuming the way I feel with how Metroid is treated now is pretty much how you see PS after PSIV.

Colors? Well yeah but It did Go back to the original formula (Sonic vs Eggman.) And Unleashed was fine.
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    X8 I kind of liked where they were goine really. I didn't like Axl much, but I felt the games could try going pass a bit on what has happened over the course of the games.
    Sigma kept finding a way to come back and I found the ending was a good sign of "Ooh, the series might evolve past the war that's been going on since X? Will Axl become the new Sigma? I can't wait to see what they might come up with with X9."
    Did we get an X9? Nope. If anything, X8 is bad because it never got the continuation, which I can agree makes it one of the weaker games in the X series.

As for PSO's story, I thought the side quests as a whole were meant to be a bigger role of the main story and plot of the game. Mome, Sue, Bernie, Rupika, Nol, etc etc etc added to the things on the whole mystery in general of what was going on on Ragol and what Pioneer 1 found.
    Never really saw PSO was meant to be played without the side quests. I don't know as in general for me with RPGs, I tend to try and talk to anything and everything and touch every quest I can in a game to get the full story and experience. That's just me, though. I'm not one of the "smart types" when it come to RPGs as I tend to comb every inch of the games.
    I think one of the reasons I really liked EP3 of PSO (outside of I did like the C.A.R.D. combat) is the story to me felt close to the classic PS games with the blend of PSO-esque to it.
    But as I said, I'm not one of the smart ones as I'm one of the ones that just like enjoying PS, I really liked PSO's vibe compared to PS while not liking the vibe of PSU... which is close to my situation with Sonic games where I like GEN/MS Sonic games (Even Spinball and 3D Blast), really liked the Adventure games and didn't like the vibe of the games after Heroes all that much (Especially Colours/Unleashed).

For PSO2, up until EP4 I should say, I felt seemed like a reteling of PSO's story, but trying to flesh it out a bit more. Because of that, I warmed up to PSO2 up until Episode 4. I did NOT like though that it seemed that PSO2's Rico seems to be Matoi (sorry Matoi fans, I just don't like her as much as Rico.)

The point is that works without thier original creators are dead ....... Not that it would matter they already did thier part with the original story but hey business is business right?
    This line though, I can easily relate in how you feel. I'm exactly the same with with Metroid. I say Metroid ended/died with Metroid Fusion.
    I feel like the series got disrespected from Zero Mission and onward and personally think one of the dumbest additions to the series is the Zero Suit as it doesn't make much sense, but I'm not going to get into the whole talk with Metroid as this isn't the place to talk about it.
    I'm just assuming the way I feel with how Metroid is treated now is pretty much how you see PS after PSIV.

OKAY tbh i wouldn't say That works Without thier creators is completly dead , There are those that try to carry the torch and those that don't...
    Last edited by StreetFighter2242; Feb 29, 2020 at 09:26 AM.
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12