Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hmm, less people will play it because of the rating but then more people will play it because of the rating. Probably more people that will be turned off (i.e. kids who can't get their parents to allow them to play) so it's probably a good thing because it raises the average age and reduces the amounts of kids, though probably not by a big percentage.
    Also helps that parents usually are more against their kids consuming media with anything overly sexual in it than they are against violence.

Though for the title itself, M rating sounds good. I'd be concerned if it would get past that because when titles get past that rating it is rarely out of necessity to tell a good story or enhance gameplay but mostly just to show off guts & gore for the splatter fans and the kinds that think it's the height of awesome.
    Same for sexual themes, M rating means they don't need to pull punches and can gives us these kind of outfits (though admittedly some decent female clothing that does not reveal a large amount of skin would be nice once in a while) but it's still a log way from emphasizing sexual theme like e.g. that nude mmorpg where girls with boobs bigger than their heads run around showing off just about everything.

Both would just distract from the actual story and gameplay if it was enough for an 18 and up rating

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Hmm, less people will play it because of the rating but then more people will play it because of the rating. Probably more people that will be turned off (i.e. kids who can't get their parents to allow them to play) so it's probably a good thing because it raises the average age and reduces the amounts of kids, though probably not by a big percentage.
    Also helps that parents usually are more against their kids consuming media with anything overly sexual in it than they are against violence.

Though for the title itself, M rating sounds good. I'd be concerned if it would get past that because when titles get past that rating it is rarely out of necessity to tell a good story or enhance gameplay but mostly just to show off guts & gore for the splatter fans and the kinds that think it's the height of awesome.
    Same for sexual themes, M rating means they don't need to pull punches and can gives us these kind of outfits (though admittedly some decent female clothing that does not reveal a large amount of skin would be nice once in a while) but it's still a log way from emphasizing sexual theme like e.g. that nude mmorpg where girls with boobs bigger than their heads run around showing off just about everything.

Both would just distract from the actual story and gameplay if it was enough for an 18 and up rating
    M rating never stopped kids before. Far from it. What will stop them and parents is the overly sexualised stuff. Its why they are putting in censorship for our version. Likely why the ability to create lolis was the first to go.

Thats our culture. Most parents are fine with violence, gore, dismemberment, but throw a loli in a g string doing a stripper dance in there? Then they raise holy hell. Shame that they are censoring far more than that. Id have been just fine with loli removal.

Kids are not the problem. The kids who like to scream and cause trouble are busy with pvp-oriented games, like MOBAs and non-story FPSes. At worst, you'll just meet a kid who asks for freebies (meseta/equipment), or who constantly asks "What's the best class?" while still in the tutorial part of the game and then complain about being misinformed when they cannot match performances of more experienced players. But this behaviour is not really limited to kids.

Though I will be looking forward (in a sarcastic way) to see chat in Battle Arenas in the West version.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Kids are not the problem. The kids who like to scream and cause trouble are busy with pvp-oriented games, like MOBAs and non-story FPSes. At worst, you'll just meet a kid who asks for freebies (meseta/equipment), or who constantly asks "What's the best class?" while still in the tutorial part of the game and then complain about being misinformed when they cannot match performances of more experienced players. But this behaviour is not really limited to kids.

Though I will be looking forward (in a sarcastic way) to see chat in Battle Arenas in the West version.
    You've.... never played PSO did you?

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    I still remember PSO on the OG XBOX with kids popping-in my game when I didn't have 4 players. They were running around me when I was I trying to kill enemies just asking with their high pitch voices "Got any rare items you can give me". Half the time after telling them no, they flipped me-off and left while the other half, they didn't leave and I had to leave a create a locked game.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Back in PSO era MOBAs didn't exist and PvP-oriented FPSes like Quake and Unreal Tournament were very limited for internet play (like 4-people matches) and mostly experienced in netcafes. The only games I remember pre-2010 are the original Dota and Counterstrike. Kids back then (which are now people in their 20s to 30s), when they had access to the internet, were exploring more games than just those 2, so they "leaked" into slower-paced games like RPGs. Nowadays this will not be as prevalent because the majority of vocal bad-behaved kids is attracted to games with PvP and ranking systems with leaderboards.

I am not saying they will not exist; I am saying they will exist but at a lesser degree than back then.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Goddamn it, Matoi.
    Soooooo..Which Costume is her innocent cluster again?
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    Soooooo..Which Costume is her innocent cluster again?
    They're all butchered versions of Rico's outfit.
    She's pretty much the "Kawaii" Red Ring Rico of PSO2. Just... not as great.

This is Innocent Cluster though.
    Not-So Innocent.
    Spoiler!

They're all butchered versions of Rico's outfit.
    She's pretty much the "Kawaii" Red Ring Rico of PSO2. Just... not as great.

This is Innocent Cluster though.
    Not-So Innocent.
    Spoiler!

Ohhhhhh.....I see.

Is she seriously supposed to be the Rico Of PSO2?
    Last edited by StreetFighter2242; Feb 28, 2020 at 10:19 AM.
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    Ohhhhhh.....Play

Is the the seriously supposed to be the Rico Of PSO2?
    Her first outfit at 1st to me looked very Red Ring Rico. That was the first sign:
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

I took it either as inspiration or coincidence and on my 1st account did try to attempt to make RRR while using the outfit. Came out as best as I could've gotten.
    Then her story started to sound somewhat like a retelling of Rico for a "modern anime cute girl" instead of some badass person that took a lot from her mentor.
    How she's "the key" to the story from Forest to Ruins. How she pretty much was destined to become the new Dark Falz and into the Profound Darkness. The only difference is you pretty much stop that from happening so she never goes Dark Falz fully and never died from you saving her.

All of my ideas of maybe of it being a coincidence just got hit with this image a while back which made me realize, "Okay yeah... she's the PSO2 RRR..."
    Spoiler!

Same hair on top, same eyes pretty much, clothes looking too identical, stories seems to be the symptom of "Remake Syndrome" (kind of like the Robocop remake, or the Total Recall remake or whatever. Kinda close to the original but not really at all.)

Obviously though I like Rico more than Matoi as Matoi doesn't seem like she would be as memorable as Rico as time goes by.
    Hell, maybe if PSO2 keeps going and she keeps growing up, she might become more like Rico and just don't have the iconic hair, ring, or glasses. Who knows what Sega is planning with PSO2, but as of right now "PSO2 RRR" is not as good as "PSO1 RRR" in my opinion.