Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    And it becomes Call of duty.
    I must have missed one hell of a CoD game with Anime waifu Strippers and pole dancers who wear a bikini that wouldn't hold onto the body in real life unless you use superglue.

I honestly think the ratings system is kind of... broken. Visual cues are having larger impact than implied cues. Show a sideboob in a Tetris game, instantly upgraded to Mature. Show some blood, instantly upgraded to Mature. On the other hand, implement mass killing of civillians and patricide, meh, just Teen for animated violence (Warcraft III). Implement a story about corrupted government, priests abusing their religion and the goodwill of the populace, poor people dying to soldiers while protecting their loved ones, meh just make it Teen because it shows a character stabbing another as sprites.
    Last edited by Dark Mits; Feb 23, 2020 at 06:33 AM. Reason: I sometimes feel like I suffer from dyslexia...

Ratting is run by private companies founded by the industry itself, with the only objective of avoiding governments actually regulating them. Of course the system is flawed.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    i really dont think this being rated M now is going to stop people who have interest in playing the game from playing it. for free to elaborate why though, im curious
    I simply mean that it was already hard in the beginning to get decent things in the AC Scratch I was interested in until around halfway into the game's life. Wasn't much options, but it still was more than what was in the beginning in general.
    These days, the majority of stuff is way more "Suggestive" and very revealing.
    I merely usually ask for some decent pants with decent coloured shoes. Half the time it's either weird footwear, heels, or atrocious colouring.
    Christmas had only "Mature Rated" clothing pretty much and it annoyed me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I honestly think the ratings system is kind of... broken. Visual cues are having larger impact than implied cues. Show a sideboob in a Tetris game, instantly upgraded to Mature. Show some blood, instantly upgraded to Mature. On the other hand, implement mass killing of civillians and patricide, meh, just Teen for animated violence (Warcraft III). Implement a story about corrupted government, priests abusing their religion and the goodwill of the populace, poor people dying to soldiers while protecting their loved ones, meh just make it Teen because it shows a character stabbing another as sprites.
    I'm not surprised honestly.
    Except for those that care, how many people really followed let's say the story of PSO? Some of the stuff in that game was seriously messed up from what the government was doing, the black market, the whole secrecy. And I'm just talking EP1. EP2 had more mature things from Elly and such, EP3 had the whole story about equal rights for Humanoids, anarchists, and so on and so forth. How many people really followed it?

Too many people say Borderlands had no real story or concept behind just mindless killing and random fetch quests. This is why Borderlands 2 went more visual. Borderlands had a huge story and a lot of character depth for what it was. A lot of backstory for simple characters like Scooter or Zed, or whichever. Because it was behind some voice clips, and a lot of the quests pick-up screens and turning in screens, too many that played Borderlands overlooked it.

Can say the same for Warriors games from Koei, whether it's Dynasty Warriors, Samurai, Gundam, Hyrule, whatever. Those got T ratings for the animated violents, but many of those game's stories are very dark but because it's not really part of the gameplay or no really visual blood and such... it never got an M rating.

I think games are rated on, "Okay, what would look bad to an idiot that just play a game for the visuals and nothing more?" and call it a day.
    Mario drop Bowser in lava in NSMB and his flesh melts away and he turns to bone? Looks comical so E rating.
    Link stabs dorf in the forehead to beat the battle in Wind Waker? Looks comical and no blood so E rating.
    People dying on battle fields and beheaded (in stories of the main games and an actual option you can pick in Empires) in Dynasty Warriors? No blood and somewhat comical. T rating.
    Visually shown people shot up and killed without knowing the story or if it's for the greater good or not? Running people over? Too serious in the violence visually? M rating.

It's stupid yes, but that's how it seems to me.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    I must have missed one hell of a CoD game with Anime waifu Strippers and pole dancers who wear a bikini that wouldn't hold onto the body in real life unless you use superglue.
    Yeah...

Regarding thier current intrests i wouldn't be surpised if more exploting content was thrown into the mix down the line at a reckless expense of quality...but who really carles about that kind of thing besides the few who do right? It's just another unimportant matter as long they get What they want. and if the caring ones don't like it? tough, at the end of the day It's the money to worry about not some LP That's been around for a while.
    Last edited by StreetFighter2242; Feb 23, 2020 at 09:46 AM.
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Yeah...

Regarding thier cuarenta intrests i wouldn't be superiores if more exploting content was thrown pinto the mixto down the line at a reckless expense of quality...but who really carles about that kind of thing besides the few Whoa do right? It's just another unimportant matter as long they get What they want. and if the caring ones don't like it? tough, at the end of the day It's the money to worry about not some Lp
    I don't blame Sega.
    I blame those that support/endorse the practice.

If something doesn't sell, they won't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    I don't blame Sega.
    I blame those that support/endorse the practice.

If something doesn't sell, they won't do it.
    Hasn't stopped them before but Yeah sure.

But it doesn't really matter at this point .
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

Regarding thier current intrests i wouldn't be surpised if more exploting content was thrown into the mix down the line at a reckless expense of quality...
    It already was, and is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    It already was, and is.

That's not exactly what i'm referring to.
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I think that sounds a bit exaggerated, not all games that shows some blood turns instantly Mature. Same goes to boobs (e.g. Dead or Alive 1, 2, 3, Dimensions). Similar to what Ayumi have said, rating depends on how realistic it is. From my perspective, age rating isn't a troublesome because it's a safety measure for the company that they will not be responsible for the problems from someone who are underage about getting nauseous/phobic/misbehave due to the content, they've already warned from the beginning. Also, consider the population of western/foreign countries, the company ain't gonna risk that many.

Rating M isn't necessary for society-related event stories because almost all people even at young age already learned those from their history class and news. Unless violence was so brutal, consumers must be warned with Mature rating. In addition, it makes the story/context more interesting/powerful since it's relatable, 18 years old and below (except maybe children and younger) would likely find it enjoyable/compelling.

EDIT:
    The system is flawed indeed, if only like for example self-control can be measured easily, then age will no longer be useful. Who knows what else can be measured better than age?
    Last edited by LinkEP; Feb 25, 2020 at 05:24 AM.