Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    PSO2 Trope Curator Altiea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Jet Boots World
    Posts
    3,366

    Default Balance Patch 10(?): I NEED MORE POWER

    The Vergiling is upon us.

    Braver
    Adjusted Katana Gear as follows:
    - Gain a PASSIVE damage bonus that scales based on the Gear Level. This damage bonus applies regardless of whether or not Katana Gear is activated.
    -- +35% damage at Gear 0
    -- +38% damage at Gear 1
    -- +40% damage at Gear 2+/Release
    - Katana Counter always deals max damage regardless of Gear Level. Countering while below max Gear no longer resets the Gear Gauge.
    - The effects of Katana Gear Boost applies regardless of whether or not Katana Gear is released.
    - If the Class Skill "Braver Combination" is learned, gain +50% Crit Rate while a Katana or Bow is equipped. If using a Katana, your Crit Rate will increase again when Katana Gear is activated.
    - When starting a Quest, Katana Gear is automatically maxed.
    - All existing Katana Gear Release bonuses are unchanged (+30% ATK/+50% Crit Rate).
    - Reduce Gear Gain from the following:
    -- Normal Attacks/PAs
    -- Zephyr's Edge/Zephyr's Edge Plus
    -- Agonizing Blaze
    -- S5:Hangeki Edge
    -- S6:Guardian's Essence
    - Reduced the Gear drain reduction effect of S4:Gear Reduction.

    Fighter
    - When successfully using Limit Break without activating Limit Break Insurance, the recast penalty of LBI is reset.

    Hero
    - Hero Boost starts at its maximum value at the start of the Quest.
    Last edited by Altiea; Feb 25, 2020 at 03:42 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

  2. #2

    Default

    bravers didnt need katana buffs , what they needed its more incentives to use bows , because that weapon its boring IMO .

    actually i never see people using that weapon along with partizans, the only exception its when range its necessary , in conclusion a very situational weapon

  3. #3

    Default

    The more i read about that Br "buff" the more it seems like a nerf especially when theyre reducing Gear Gains from your normal sources, something you have to constantly counter release for
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX - the man stuck in 2014 View Post
    Kewl, I'm using double set still, since when crafted stat boosts can overcome any full 12* set.

  4. #4

    Default

    Sega: "Lets overhaul the Katana Gear system because currently it's too focused around having it activated all the time."
    also Sega: "Screw Wand Gear, just keep that shit maxed out 24/7 with Wand Lovers lol."

    It's a nice buff/overhaul overall.
    You basically get 30%~40% S-ATK and 50% Crit Rate passively on Katana + 30% S-ATK and 50% Crit Rate during Gear Release. Who ever says it's a nerf didn't read the changes properly. I just wish Sega was willing to overhaul core mechanics like that sooner and with more classes.

  5. #5

    Default

    So if i understand this correctly it goes:

    Now:
    - All existing Katana Gear Release bonuses are unchanged (+30% ATK/+50% Crit Rate).

    After the buffs:
    - All existing Katana Gear Release bonuses are unchanged (+30% ATK/+50% Crit Rate). + -- +30% damage at Gear 0
    -- +38% damage at Gear 1
    -- +40% damage at Gear 2+/Release

    Correct?

    EDIT: i relook at it and if i sum it up it`s: katana will gain 40% damage, 50% crit, instant full gear
    but nerfs to gear gain from everything but counter

    Well goddamn ep2 is back with a vengeance
    Last edited by Kintama; Feb 26, 2020 at 05:45 PM.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    bravers didnt need katana buffs , what they needed its more incentives to use bows , because that weapon its boring IMO .

    actually i never see people using that weapon along with partizans, the only exception its when range its necessary , in conclusion a very situational weapon
    Partizan is still my main weapon on my Hunter. It's just that I'm usually playing other classes nowadays so it won't see much use...

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Partizan is still my main weapon on my Hunter. It's just that I'm usually playing other classes nowadays so it won't see much use...
    i normally dont see hunters but when i do , they are using swords or wired-lances

  8. #8
    (⌐■_■) ShinMaruku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Firmly attached to Sil'fer's boobies
    Posts
    5,476

    Default

    Phantoms have Judgement cut not Bravers.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Sega: "Lets overhaul the Katana Gear system because currently it's too focused around having it activated all the time."
    also Sega: "Screw Wand Gear, just keep that shit maxed out 24/7 with Wand Lovers lol."

    It's a nice buff/overhaul overall.
    You basically get 30%~40% S-ATK and 50% Crit Rate passively on Katana + 30% S-ATK and 50% Crit Rate during Gear Release. Who ever says it's a nerf didn't read the changes properly. I just wish Sega was willing to overhaul core mechanics like that sooner and with more classes.
    its basically now Limit Break but without the PP benefits or Hp cut but the constant need to counter something to release it because of the accumulation nerf. It's essentially a double edged blade
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX - the man stuck in 2014 View Post
    Kewl, I'm using double set still, since when crafted stat boosts can overcome any full 12* set.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    its basically now Limit Break but without the PP benefits or Hp cut but the constant need to counter something to release it because of the accumulation nerf. It's essentially a double edged blade
    Yeah it's a temporary buff and not a state you have to keep up 24/7 to deal good damage, go figure.

Similar Threads

  1. I need more POWER
    By amtalx in forum Fresh Kills Landfill
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 14, 2008, 10:22 PM
  2. GC: Need more ideas...
    By Kyata in forum PSO General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Dec 12, 2002, 12:33 PM
  3. Need more defense! Please help!
    By SS_Death in forum PSO: Mag, Quest, Item and Section ID
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Aug 21, 2002, 02:57 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jun 19, 2002, 10:00 AM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: Mar 1, 2001, 05:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •