Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Balance Patch 10(?): I NEED MORE POWER

The Vergiling is upon us.

Braver
    Adjusted Katana Gear as follows:
    - Gain a PASSIVE damage bonus that scales based on the Gear Level. This damage bonus applies regardless of whether or not Katana Gear is activated.
    -- +35% damage at Gear 0
    -- +38% damage at Gear 1
    -- +40% damage at Gear 2+/Release
    - Katana Counter always deals max damage regardless of Gear Level. Countering while below max Gear no longer resets the Gear Gauge.
    - The effects of Katana Gear Boost applies regardless of whether or not Katana Gear is released.
    - If the Class Skill "Braver Combination" is learned, gain +50% Crit Rate while a Katana or Bow is equipped. If using a Katana, your Crit Rate will increase again when Katana Gear is activated.
    - When starting a Quest, Katana Gear is automatically maxed.
    - All existing Katana Gear Release bonuses are unchanged (+30% ATK/+50% Crit Rate).
    - Reduce Gear Gain from the following:
    -- Normal Attacks/PAs
    -- Zephyr's Edge/Zephyr's Edge Plus
    -- Agonizing Blaze
    -- S5:Hangeki Edge
    -- S6:Guardian's Essence
    - Reduced the Gear drain reduction effect of S4:Gear Reduction.

Fighter
    - When successfully using Limit Break without activating Limit Break Insurance, the recast penalty of LBI is reset.

Hero
    - Hero Boost starts at its maximum value at the start of the Quest.
    Last edited by Altiea; Feb 25, 2020 at 03:42 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

bravers didnt need katana buffs , what they needed its more incentives to use bows , because that weapon its boring IMO .

actually i never see people using that weapon along with partizans, the only exception its when range its necessary , in conclusion a very situational weapon

The more i read about that Br "buff" the more it seems like a nerf especially when theyre reducing Gear Gains from your normal sources, something you have to constantly counter release for
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Sega: "Lets overhaul the Katana Gear system because currently it's too focused around having it activated all the time."
    also Sega: "Screw Wand Gear, just keep that shit maxed out 24/7 with Wand Lovers lol."

It's a nice buff/overhaul overall.
    You basically get 30%~40% S-ATK and 50% Crit Rate passively on Katana + 30% S-ATK and 50% Crit Rate during Gear Release. Who ever says it's a nerf didn't read the changes properly. I just wish Sega was willing to overhaul core mechanics like that sooner and with more classes.

So if i understand this correctly it goes:

Now:
    - All existing Katana Gear Release bonuses are unchanged (+30% ATK/+50% Crit Rate).

After the buffs:
    - All existing Katana Gear Release bonuses are unchanged (+30% ATK/+50% Crit Rate). + -- +30% damage at Gear 0
    -- +38% damage at Gear 1
    -- +40% damage at Gear 2+/Release

Correct?

EDIT: i relook at it and if i sum it up it`s: katana will gain 40% damage, 50% crit, instant full gear
    but nerfs to gear gain from everything but counter

Well goddamn ep2 is back with a vengeance
    Last edited by Kintama; Feb 26, 2020 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    bravers didnt need katana buffs , what they needed its more incentives to use bows , because that weapon its boring IMO .

actually i never see people using that weapon along with partizans, the only exception its when range its necessary , in conclusion a very situational weapon
    Partizan is still my main weapon on my Hunter. It's just that I'm usually playing other classes nowadays so it won't see much use...

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Partizan is still my main weapon on my Hunter. It's just that I'm usually playing other classes nowadays so it won't see much use...
    i normally dont see hunters but when i do , they are using swords or wired-lances

Phantoms have Judgement cut not Bravers.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Sega: "Lets overhaul the Katana Gear system because currently it's too focused around having it activated all the time."
    also Sega: "Screw Wand Gear, just keep that shit maxed out 24/7 with Wand Lovers lol."

It's a nice buff/overhaul overall.
    You basically get 30%~40% S-ATK and 50% Crit Rate passively on Katana + 30% S-ATK and 50% Crit Rate during Gear Release. Who ever says it's a nerf didn't read the changes properly. I just wish Sega was willing to overhaul core mechanics like that sooner and with more classes.
    its basically now Limit Break but without the PP benefits or Hp cut but the constant need to counter something to release it because of the accumulation nerf. It's essentially a double edged blade
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    its basically now Limit Break but without the PP benefits or Hp cut but the constant need to counter something to release it because of the accumulation nerf. It's essentially a double edged blade
    Yeah it's a temporary buff and not a state you have to keep up 24/7 to deal good damage, go figure.