Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Multi-Account Banning

Source: http://pso2.jp/players/news/25837/

This probably won't apply to a ton of people and has probably been discussed around already but, just in case, I am posting it on here.

SEGA is temporary/permanently banning Multi-Accounts that are being used for malicious purposes.
    There are 752 accounts that have been banned following the announcement.

It is not specified what counts as "malicious" but, it's easy to suspect RMT is a big one. If you are playing with multiple accounts and transfer meseta from one account to another I would take precautions as to what you're trading to make it not seem obvious (Ex: 1 Grinder for 1mil+). It's unclear how hard SEGA is cracking down on these malicious acts but, It's worth not risking losing accounts if you're recklessly trading tons of meseta between the accounts.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Glad I'm not "for malicious purposes".

Can you not make a thread like this when NA is around the corner lmao

test

Well, IF you play with multiple accounts, then there is always the time you may want something that's too expensive, until you realise you can afford it if you transfer meseta from one account to the other. Just wondering what criteria are they following.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Well, IF you play with multiple accounts, then there is always the time you may want something that's too expensive, until you realise you can afford it if you transfer meseta from one account to the other. Just wondering what criteria are they following.
    Isn't there another reason to have multiples? I'm just saying.
    That's pretty much my situation at times. I do play all of them effectively (leveling classes, equipping, getting titles for stat boosts, team orders, dailies and weeklies, daily login stuff from pso2es, etc).
    I don't do any RMT stuff.

Oh and sometimes when my friend is unable to play and wants me to help him with some dailies for money, I would do that too.

So yeah, I was worried for a second.

To clarify, it's not just RTM, that's just what I believe would be one of the bigger things they want to crack down on since it's people making real income. People can use multi-accounts for harassment as well like reporting a player on multiple accounts or joining things with the intention of not participating.

I was just giving an example of bad trades/buys that would be obvious RMT, I just suggest if you want to transfer meseta between accounts at least make it something that's not like a grinder, I feel in most cases if you've been transferring meseta between accounts for awhile you're most likely safe.

From what im aware, they banned people who multi accounted during the AC scratch recycle shop to gain extra goods there, for instance, i was told someone had around 20 or 30+ Omega Memoria Capsules moved to his main account (im not sure if he posted a picture or not)
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    From what im aware, they banned people who multi accounted during the AC scratch recycle shop to gain extra goods there, for instance, i was told someone had around 20 or 30+ Omega Memoria Capsules moved to his main account (im not sure if he posted a picture or not)
    How would that help with multi accounts though?
    Couldn't you do it all on just one account? Why would you need multiple when you could simply just scratch on one and get the same results?

Quote Originally Posted by エリュシオン View Post
    or joining things with the intention of not participating.
    Hmmm, I know people multiboxing sometimes did this in EQ or Buster Quests, with the second account autofollowing or just standing there.