Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Divide Quest - Impressions, strats, etc

How do you guys like it so far? I was expecting something super boring (the grind will be) but its actually enjoyable to run this
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Apr 17, 2020 at 09:19 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Looks fun but running it with randoms is very annoying. There's 4 people on the ship, you pick a route and suddenly the group counter says 2/4.

WTF you telling me the two others went life instead of points route? It's like they're trying to get a low score on purpose.

Had to do a few runs before understanding how it works. Learned that going alone without party isnt the smartest idea. Just did a 3rd difficulty run and it seems is 4 players only as opposed to 8. Wonder what will be the ideal farming one considering stuff just gets more tanky with less players /:

In general though, I am enjoying it because stages seems to be faster and more varied compared to the last boss rush LQ we had, so it doesnt get boring so fast.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Only tried 1st 5 stages .... solo ..... pretty cool, I think, and with that drop rate ......

Not sure if it's randomized or not .....
    I did got 4 points protection .... so, that automatically C-rank as Solo XDD
    1 A Rank when dealing with Gunne ...
    S Rank for the rest.
    Taking all Points-route, 1 death at the new boss.

I think I'll try with randoms tomorrow ...... maybe (I wanna do maxed rank run in Cold Steel 2 (2nd run), then continuing on Cold Steel 3, since I just bought it) _(:3」
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

I quite like this quest for the above reason.

#damagecuckedagain

8s Dims and Unions drop like candy. Market crashes. Absolute madness.

I love it.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

does anga fungarde appear in this , i havent play for now and if i meet my pals tonight there must be a big planification

Having tried this some more, I found it impossible to coordinate with randoms or even get a 4/4 MPA reliably. The whole quest looks like something that heavily incentivizes premade parties and I don't like it. PSO2 was dipping its toes into the "MPAs don't just cut it anymore, find a full party to play with* or GTFO" paradigm for a while now and I don't think that's a good thing.

To elaborate, one of PSO2's draws for me was that it's an action MMO and not a standard trinity MMO and results heavily depended on your own personal performance and not whether you knew enough people good at the game to form a competent party. Content such as endless quests, Masquerade or solo PD/Momdeus/XQ further drove the point home.

I'm not talking about just clearing btw, but about S ranking so you can progress further.

* - even if you're gud enough to solo you still have an easier time with a party
    Last edited by TehCubey; Mar 25, 2020 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Having tried this some more, I found it impossible to coordinate with randoms or even get a 4/4 MPA reliably. The whole quest looks like something that heavily incentivizes premade parties and I don't like it. PSO2 was dipping its toes into the "MPAs don't just cut it anymore, find a full party to play with* or GTFO" paradigm for a while now and I don't think that's a good thing.

To elaborate, one of PSO2's draws for me was that it's an action MMO and not a standard trinity MMO and results heavily depended on your own personal performance and not whether you knew enough people good at the game to form a competent party. Content such as endless quests, Masquerade or solo PD/Momdeus/XQ further drove the point home.

I'm not talking about just clearing btw, but about S ranking so you can progress further.

* - even if you're gud enough to solo you still have an easier time with a party
    youre more than welcome to announce in the starting area where you wanna go and hope people follow. issue is that people will want to utilize Life path over Points Path at random points. i think eventually there will be a standard PUG strategy that everyone will learn and stick to but organized PT's will do the most advantageous choices or general preferences.

You're only other choice:
    - run solo (you won't get the best results, Defend/Collect maps is an example)
    - run with friends (go make some)
    - run with team mates (find a team to join)
    - drop a PT maker before the quest starts so everyone is on the same track

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    does anga fungarde appear in this , i havent play for now and if i meet my pals tonight there must be a big planification
    no
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

My friends stopped playing PSO2 due to lack of content and I dislike the EN community, so party makers it is. Just gotta translate a few key phrases to JP beforehand as I don't have enough moonrune skills to do it on the fly yet.

Still dumb how the dividing paths work though. For all other content even if you're stuck in an MPA with bad players, you can at least expect they will be in the same area as you are in.