Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Special Ability Transplant: Yea or Nay?

I won't say that this is an unwelcomed feature since we've been begging for the ability to transfer, well our abilities to new weapons and units for years. Not only that, but I used a trick that I don't know if anyone else tried for making new units. I didn't want to sacrifice my 5 slot Lightstream units when I could just give them to a secondary character. I also wanted to affix my 6 slot (including SSA) Schvelle units which have been dormant in storage for a while now.

So here's what I did using some fodders I've been keeping in storage as well as buying more stuff from the shops:

I made 3 of these:

Spoiler!

and using 25 tickets, I made 1 of these:

Spoiler!

So ya, affixes are way cheaper when doing it for a 5 slot Vs a 6 slot, night and day really. Only down side is that, well, I only made 1 because there's a 40 ticket limit per 28 days, which is the point of the discussion for today, was this the right move?

Should it have been weekly like ever other limited items, or perhaps every 2 weeks? Should they have increased the limit of ticket you could have gotten per month instead to like 100? Post your thoughts.
    Last edited by the_importer_; Mar 29, 2020 at 07:27 PM.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

So, I may have missed the mark on when this was supposed to be implemented, but when is this supposed to be implemented?
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post
    So, I may have missed the mark on when this was supposed to be implemented, but when is this supposed to be implemented?
    I'll take a guess that you haven't read my post. Well spoilers, it's already here.
    Spoiler!

You can use capsules during transfer which technically lets upslot material units.
    In about 8~10 months you can expect people running around with 8s Astral, Ether, Mana, Returner units maybe the Glare combined affix too.
    Unless there is a campaign that speeds this process up.

I actually did read your post. I may have misinterpreted what you were trying to share with your method and believed it was more like what you were doing while waiting for this to come. I wasn't aware it was added this update. Or that there was a limit. Rather ludicrous for a 28 day wait.
    Last edited by Tyreek; Mar 29, 2020 at 07:49 PM.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    You can use capsules during transfer which technically lets upslot material units.
    In about 8~10 months you can expect people running around with 8s Astral, Ether, Mana, Returner units maybe the Glare combined affix too.
    Unless there is a campaign that speeds this process up.
    Watch the prices of 6 slot affixes skyrocket if that's the case.
    Spoiler!

So can someone describe exactly how it works and how many ticket it costs and such?
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Arada View Post
    So can someone describe exactly how it works and how many ticket it costs and such?
    http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-s...-plus-5-recap/

March 25th Update
    Spoiler!

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

its good except for how limited we currently are on the passes.

weapons:
    - if the weapon you want to affix has like, 3 or 4 S-Class slots, you can basically just do your actual affixing on a 4 or 5 slot weapon and move them over to your 8-slot target weapon (that is already 8 slots with the S-class slots being in-use)
    - we can use Zeinesis weapons to assist in some otherwise inadvisable ideas
    - We could also do the "final" affix on a Ray/Union weapon to print off it's Astral Soul, is what I would have been saying, if Divide Quest wasnt spitting out so many Union weapons that we can just burn them on, say, doing something Illegal on a Zeinesis weapon

units:
    - sweet jesus we can finally stop feeling nervous about over-investing in any single unit in fear of a better unit being released soon after
    - the S-class shenanigans this system presents aren't as big on units, but then again, it means any 5-slot job I do now can be exported to a 6-slot unit with an S-class ability, and any 6-slot job can get pushed out to a 7-slot! the price jumps from 4 to 5 to 6 slots for buying affixing fodder for units have always felt kinda huge, so in a way, this sorta helps with that I guess

Does this completely replace affixing as long as you have enough capsules to do it? E.g. take an 8s target 15* weapon with crap affixes and provided you have enough capsules or whatever you just transfer fodder weapon abilities (even from lower s fodders?) without actual affixing (other than synthing mana reverie, etc. you don't want to buy)?

If capsules are too easy to get this will kill one of the most fun aspects of PSO2 since there will be little point in affixing high end stuff you can just transfer (especially if you can use lower s fodders).

Affixing (low / no rng stuff, not mana reverie, etc.) is the most fun upgrade minigame in any game I ever played, even beating fun stuff like Man Khemia 2's alchemy and Devil Survivor's chain fusion and making it obsolete would really hurt PSO2.

If capsules are limited enough so you can only do this like 2-3 times an affix boost without a lot of capsule grinding it should be actually good, allowing you to avoid some of the bs with high end high slot affixes, like having to affix mana reverie and ether factor with the same fodders so you can make full use of these and not get marginally better stats than much safer and cheaper 7-8s affixing with affixes that don't rely so much on rng.
    Or you could affix (lesser) stat 5 once and then transfer instead of having to affix it 2-3 times so you can finally add it to the intended item.