Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tigersoul78 View Post
    So not a Braver question but does anyone know what will change when Season 4 releases on Xbox?
    Good question!

NT Weapons????
    Battle Mode?
    Buster Quests??
    Challenge Quests??

Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    Good question!

NT Weapons????
    Battle Mode?
    Buster Quests??
    Challenge Quests??

Anyone know?
    NT Weapons are already in the NA version; they got rid of all OTs, so NTs are the default for NA.
    Buster Quests are from Episode 5.
    Challenge Mode was originally released with Ep.3 and the Arena was part of Ep.4; in both cases, they are standalone content, so they wouldn't need to wait for a certain Episode to release them, rather I bet they are waiting to add them on official full release.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    NT Weapons are already in the NA version; they got rid of all OTs, so NTs are the default for NA.
    Buster Quests are from Episode 5.
    Challenge Mode was originally released with Ep.3 and the Arena was part of Ep.4; in both cases, they are standalone content, so they wouldn't need to wait for a certain Episode to release them, rather I bet they are waiting to add them on official full release.
    Perfectly answered. TYVM-

What are NT weapons? Also do you think the level cap will increase with episode 4?

What are NT weapons? Also do you think the level cap will increase with episode 4?
    Originally weapons in the JP version of PSO2 used a different grinding system, in Episode 4 a new grinding system was introduced, but only weapons relased after that system was introduced use that newer grinding system.
    Duplicates of the older weapons were released for the new grinding system (though they also had higher stats than the originals), to differenciate them from the old weapons, their names have "-NT" in the end.

In the NA version, they decided to not include any of the weapons that used the old grinding system, all weapons in the NA version use the NT grinding system, and so, since there's no weapons for the old weapon, there's no need for the "-NT" in their name.
    There's even some weapons that were never duplicated into NT versions in the JP version that got converted into the NT system in the NA version (together with a boost in stats, for example, Elder Rifle).
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

What Episode is running on Xbox right now? 2 or 3? And what is the difficulty going to change to once level cap increases?

What Episode is running on Xbox right now? 2 or 3? And what is the difficulty going to change to once level cap increases?
    Right now the base content is most of Episode 3 with systems from Episodes 4-6, but they have just released the Ep.2 end raid.

I am confused, they advertised that the NA version would be exactly the same as the JP version right from the start, I get if they don't implement very recent JP updates in NA as well like the katana gear change but from what you guys are talking about it sounds like the NA version actually has only half the content of the JP version (not even NT weapons and crafting) which is weird and of course very different from the promise.

Did the NA team intend to add that stuff rapidly in like 1 month intervals or something? And what now with the pandemic, do the 1 month intervals or whatever become 4 month intervals and in the end it'll actually be the same as being a year or more behind the JP version?

I'd ask if the mechanics and balance are the same as in the JP version but since the NA version seems to be at Ep 3 level or so that's a given.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    I am confused, they advertised that the NA version would be exactly the same as the JP version right from the start, I get if they don't implement very recent JP updates in NA as well like the katana gear change but from what you guys are talking about it sounds like the NA version actually has only half the content of the JP version (not even NT weapons and crafting) which is weird and of course very different from the promise.

Did the NA team intend to add that stuff rapidly in like 1 month intervals or something? And what now with the pandemic, do the 1 month intervals or whatever become 4 month intervals and in the end it'll actually be the same as being a year or more behind the JP version?

I'd ask if the mechanics and balance are the same as in the JP version but since the NA version seems to be at Ep 3 level or so that's a given.
    Their goal is to reach parity with the JP version by the end of the year.
    It makes sense that they haven't started with the same content as the JP version, content like emergency quests needs to be spread out so the new players there can get to experience that older content.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Ah, I see. Still quite a different thing because it's gonna be 8 months before they reach JP server stat and that really isn't having the same state from the start.
    But yeah, reminds of why I had my doubts not about the feasibility but the logic behind having the exact same state as jp PSO2.

In terms of balance it's great because balance has only been improved since ep 5 and having the crappy balance of earlier eps would suck, but in terms of content there is just too much to just drop it all at once.

Nowadays in JP PSO2 we are jaded and don't care much for old eqs, lqs, etc. but people that never played the game will want to experience all the old stuff as well but with the eq system of course that would not be feasible nor make sense, so the only way to reasonably deliver content for NA players to even be able to properly play it is the usual dripfeed of foreign online rpgs in a new market, just with a faster pace so the current content doesn't get really boring by the time new content is released.