Thumbs up A Phantasy Star vet's opinion on PSO2

Hello!
    I have been playing Phantasy Star games since 1991 when my dad bought me a used copy of Phantasy Star II on the Sega Megadrive.
    I was hooked and taken in by the spawling maps and rock hard difficulty, but i loved, just adored the sci-fi storyline and subtle environmentally conscious messages, something Phantasy Star IV End of the Millennium carried on with.
    I have tried to obtain and play every single PS/PSO related game since then. My love will always be toward the 1st 4 PS games, but i loved PSO,as well for its own merits. The Game Cube PSO Episode 1 and 2 was essential.
    Anyways...PSO2 Despite me owning a few of the PS Vita editions i have only just played the game properly until now. As it's currently only available in the west for North America,i had to change my setting to play the open trial. Not a big deal,i just cant purchase any in-game items..The game..yes i do like it..like a suped-up hybrid of PSO, PSU and the portables versions with a little nod to Earth Defense Force thrown it. On the surface,to me,it seemed far more casual friendly as you don't really need to worry about TP as much as it regens automatically..plus you can just hold down X if you wanted too.It's different.It took me a little time to get used too as it was quite different from what i played before.But i like the Arcadey style gameplay as its quite addictive
    TL;DR,i have become hooked to PS O 2, regardless of whatS going in the real world ..i still would be playing it for hours at a time regardless.
    We may never see a "proper" turn-based Phantasy Star V...but i am more than happy for what we do have.

Peace, and stay safe..
    Last edited by rudofalz; Apr 6, 2020 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rudofalz View Post
    Hello!
    plus you can just hold down X if you wanted too.
    On low difficulty maybe, but on high level SH(super hard), XH(extra hard) and UH(ultra hard). you'd get your ass whooped so hard not even the most powerful gear can save you lol. This game's most powerful asset is your gameplay skills rather than stats which is of course still important to deal enough damage or not getting hit hard.

Here's a great example.
    test

I review this review 3 out of 10.
    Post was not labeled PSO2 NA.
    Spends too much time on backstory of yourself instead of talking about the game itself.
    No mention how far you gotten and no mentioned what you played which would question how you came to your opinions.
    Either way, thanks for the review of the toned down version of PSO2.

A bit rude!
    I never said it was a review!

NA is a mess when it comes to the content that is now available versus the welfare gear you get and the 8 years of powercreep
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    I review this review 3 out of 10.
    Post was not labeled PSO2 NA.
    Spends too much time on backstory of yourself instead of talking about the game itself.
    No mention how far you gotten and no mentioned what you played which would question how you came to your opinions.
    Either way, thanks for the review of the toned down version of PSO2.
    hes like one of the few vets (before my time at least) that actually had something positive about about the game and plans to continue playing, hes not like some of the others who played from back in the day, tried pso2 out for an hour and dropped it and said its just not their game, its strayed far too off from the old games
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers