Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stil weapon advice?

Looking for advice on this crap, or is this really the single most cancerous weapon grind SEGA has done in years with no way around either getting lucky, or being needlessly time-gated by 2 trade-in shops? When does that prize medal shop reset?

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Looking for advice on this crap, or is this really the single most cancerous weapon grind SEGA has done in years with no way around either getting lucky, or being needlessly time-gated by 2 trade-in shops? When does that prize medal shop reset?
    1. It's the new power creep, even when you take dmg and reset back to 10% (takes 7s to be at full power), it is still stronger than Liberate
    2. Grainne Stones are a pain in the ass to farm, you're almost forced to wait to make one weapon a month if your RNG is really bad
    3. Some of the weapons they're asking for is pretty crappy solely because not everyone will keep those weapons and you're forced to wait on exchanges via Crests or weekly Medal trade in's
    4. Certain weapons locked behind time gated content
    5. Medal shop resets every maintenance
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    1. It's the new power creep, even when you take dmg and reset back to 10% (takes 7s to be at full power), it is still stronger than Liberate
    2. Grainne Stones are a pain in the ass to farm, you're almost forced to wait to make one weapon a month if your RNG is really bad
    3. Some of the weapons they're asking for is pretty crappy solely because not everyone will keep those weapons and you're forced to wait on exchanges via Crests or weekly Medal trade in's
    4. Certain weapons locked behind time gated content
    5. Medal shop resets every maintenance
    Yeah I know of its power.

Grainne stones were what again?

Other than that, I basically know everything about the grind already; it's shit. Makes me not want to bother looking at oblis sword drop rates in battleship ult, and lack of weapon category change for stil on top of how sega put out the requirements for stil AFTER they baited people into spending 900 sage's crests for what is most people's 2nd liberate (could have been ~200 crests away from +35ed dyne if it wasn't for that).

What's everyone else's opinion of how they handled this? (don't care about lottery winners that got it within a week, thanks)

The mats for Stil sword were shown in the February stream.

Grania is a rare drop from Divide, 1 from arks mission, 4 on a monthly reset, 2 from titles, 8 needed so you either wait a month or get lucky. Oblisana is free for Gold medals, just buy 1/week until you have all other mats, then use class cubes to top it off to 35. Dyne drops like crazy in infiltration while failing to get the s8 sky dance to drop. Liberate exchange came out same day as Stil, so couldn't you have just checked the mats then? As soon as I saw the sword mats I started prepping the possible rod candidates, didn't expect Orb instead of Anacates but that was a win. Nothing seems particularly unreasonable, not like people are going to shit on you for using Liberate sword in Easter while you farm Stil anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Yeah I know of its power.

Grainne stones were what again?

Other than that, I basically know everything about the grind already; it's shit. Makes me not want to bother looking at oblis sword drop rates in battleship ult, and lack of weapon category change for stil on top of how sega put out the requirements for stil AFTER they baited people into spending 900 sage's crests for what is most people's 2nd liberate (could have been ~200 crests away from +35ed dyne if it wasn't for that).

What's everyone else's opinion of how they handled this? (don't care about lottery winners that got it within a week, thanks)
    they need to let us Category change for one, this is something they should be doing with every series from the get-go and not something they decide to once no one cares about the series anymore because we're on another power creep.

i for some reason tend to keep one of every new drop that comes out so im not suffering with certain weapons (like Oblisana) but its honestly pretty shitty of them again for asking for stuff that most people would break down because they dont play that class, need it for Lib craft fodder or just plain dont like it. I held on to my crests and almost bought a 2nd lib key and i need to do some research on what i might need still to spend on now that they did this.

its a grind for stuff that is essentially available all the time and we know Sega knows that people will grind the hell out of it because of no time gate so rates and reqs will keep people busy or make ppl un-motivated or at least farm it once a month.

My biggest complaint will always be Orb because I didn't want to run a low effort EQ a million times let alone would think a pretty meh series would be needed for Stil build, dumb as hell and it's going to make ppl (hopefully) hold on to things from now on because of stuff like this
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

That is a big gripe of mine too; SEGA retroactively creating more uses from currencies/weapons used/discarded prior to announcements. This is how you create hoarders.

The dyne issue doesn't bug me nearly as much as oblis, only because dyne droprates seem to be decent (?) and the 1 purchase limit on oblis that really has no reason to exist, and didnt have a reason to be there when battleship was new. Why was it there when we had atra ex and lightstream to outclass it? Why is it still there now?
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Apr 11, 2020 at 04:24 AM.

I dont like how the non RNG method is 6 weeks of time gate, but at least the grind is minimal and considering the jump of power, 6 weeks feel fair to me. Plus compared to say OT Austeres, these are actually less time gated than Caligulas/Neros being mostly from EQs.

Even the Crest exchange will work out in the end. You can do DQ weeklies with the default 3 characters and the weekly campaigns and still get 4k divide medals for the monthly exchange, which should give you 800 crests. When you factor the crests drops from DQ itself, you will likely get the 1500 crests in about 6 weeks too. I guess this is the most grindy part though. You have to do the DQ weeklies with all 3 characters(and level them in case they arent 85 yet) which imo, is a chore.

My advice would be to start exchanging crest stuff only when you have all the other materials set. Cobalt/Gold medal arent too rare, plus the exchange are only 100 per weapon, so even if you get the drop midway, it wont hurt as much as exchanging 1000 crests only to get that weapon max grinded in the next EQ.
    Also if you are bored, you can try your luck hunting for them. I know I did this with the lowest expectation possible, but it friggin worked and saved me all my crests for another Puras.

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post
    I dont like how the non RNG method is 6 weeks of time gate, but at least the grind is minimal and considering the jump of power, 6 weeks feel fair to me. Plus compared to say OT Austeres, these are actually less time gated than Caligulas/Neros being mostly from EQs.

Even the Crest exchange will work out in the end. You can do DQ weeklies with the default 3 characters and the weekly campaigns and still get 4k divide medals for the monthly exchange, which should give you 800 crests. When you factor the crests drops from DQ itself, you will likely get the 1500 crests in about 6 weeks too. I guess this is the most grindy part though. You have to do the DQ weeklies with all 3 characters(and level them in case they arent 85 yet) which imo, is a chore.

My advice would be to start exchanging crest stuff only when you have all the other materials set. Cobalt/Gold medal arent too rare, plus the exchange are only 100 per weapon, so even if you get the drop midway, it wont hurt as much as exchanging 1000 crests only to get that weapon max grinded in the next EQ.
    Also if you are bored, you can try your luck hunting for them. I know I did this with the lowest expectation possible, but it friggin worked and saved me all my crests for another Puras.
    I didn't mind the "timegating" from OT austere because I'm pretty sure didn't need to do 6 weeks of the EQ for the stones, and at least it was understandable. I didn't mind the "timegating" with profound weapons either.

This version of timegating is very unnecessary, and uses a PREVIOUSLY NEGLECTED SYSTEM to create artificial timegating that could have been largely ignored with enough luck, or forewarning. It doesn't even serve a purpose either! EQ stones made you run the latest EQ bosses. This timegating just makes you... wait. Why? Am I engaging the latest content by buying 1/6th of a material I need and twiddling my thumbs for a week?

This limitation does not need to be there anymore, and had no purpose being there in the first place since the weapons were inferior to atra ex and lightstream since day 1.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Apr 11, 2020 at 03:14 PM.

My only gripe is erased because the class i want to stick with doesnt come out til august so even if i got the weapon i wanted now, i wouldn't be able to make use of it effectively yet.
    Real problem i think personally is the stupid shop limited time exchange, i'd have everything by now if it wasn't for that hot garbage.
    I do like that you can sell the modules though, its a nice extra bit of income if you get lucky or wanna farm on multi character.
    Spoiler!

I honestly don't think Stil would be nearly as bad if they just removed the limit to trade weapons from shop and also reduced the amount of crests required for Anacates/Genon on the likes. because really, with the amount of divide medals, random crests from serch & destroy boxes and exchange from shop, they actually rack up kinda quickly, but certainly not quick enough for spending like 1500 of those on weapon replicas. 100 crests/weapon would make them be kind of accessible, farmy sure, but obtainable with some dedication and not literally spending your life in Divide to get them faster.

The other ingredients are honestly not a problem, modules are tradeable, Emel are basically free, only the Graine is kinda bad but while it's time-gated, it's ultimately something you can get down the line if RNG didn't like you enough, and that's certainly a vast improvement over most of the previous trades that weren't Liberate (let's all remember dearly Ares NT rates and getting +35 Jutus before the LQs trivialized those)
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Apr 11, 2020 at 04:16 PM.