Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    The effect stacks with other pp regen effects though, so it's not like having more would be bad for classes using Lu as a sub. If you're already standing still, switching to a pp recovery weapon will sheath it anyway, so you just immediately get the effect. I don't really feel like any classes other than Te and Fo really benefit from it though, and Fo/Lu didn't particularly stand out to me. It might also work with Ra.
    I have 0 SP invested into Complete Rest because well, don't really need it and the only reason I bring a PP battery with me still is just for those down times when there isn't enough fight time to build a good amount of Voltage to recover on reset and I've spent a bit more PP than I wanted along with the little amount of V's I did build isn't a good enough recovery so it fills in the gap.

I'm assuming the rest of what you're talking about is for classes subbing Lu which isn't much concern to me because I personally don't aim to sub Lu anytime at all.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    I have 0 SP invested into Complete Rest because well, don't really need it and the only reason I bring a PP battery with me still is just for those down times when there isn't enough fight time to build a good amount of Voltage to recover on reset and I've spent a bit more PP than I wanted along with the little amount of V's I did build isn't a good enough recovery so it fills in the gap.

I'm assuming the rest of what you're talking about is for classes subbing Lu which isn't much concern to me because I personally don't aim to sub Lu anytime at all.
    Well I've already talked about how I don't think it's worth it for Lu main, so pretty much all of what I was saying was in the context of Lu sub. If you don't plan on subbing it then it's totally skippable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimate View Post
    So I noticed something disastrous people have been doing: affixing R-ATK to the weapon. Although there is a skill that takes the higher stat and runs with it, it's easy to forget for almost every gunslash there is a gap of about 100 between the two. For instance, the +35 Cras GS has 2450 S-ATK and 2344 R-ATK, meaning the first 106 R-ATK you affix to it is completely wasted. Here's an example in game

Attachment 42394

The top weapon had a lot of R-ATK but only the 50 S-ATK counted (2450 + 50 = 2500)
    The bottom weapon had 85 S-ATK and all of it was taken into account (2450 + 85 = 2535)

Just throwing this out there so people don't fall for it anymore. Power caps are currently cheaper than Shoot too. Units should still use R-ATK though
    You're misunderstanding how Gunslash Ability Plus works. You're assuming that it uses the higher of the two final (i.e. affix+base) stats, but the skill only looks at the affixes. For Lu GS, it always uses your R-ATK for the damage formula. What the Gunslash Ability Plus skill does it takes the higher of your S-ATK or R-ATK AFFIXES on the GS and adds that to your GS's R-ATK stat, and R-ATK is solely used for damage calculation.

So as an example: If you affixed 50 S-ATK and 100 R-ATK on your GS, it'll add 100 to your R-ATK. If you have 100 S-ATK and 50 R-ATK affixed, it'll also add 100 to your R-ATK.

So the difference in your weapon's base S-ATK and R-ATK doesn't matter as it never uses your weapon's base S-ATK. Only the affixes and weapon's R-ATK matter for Luster. The skill itself is just so that if people affix S-ATK on their GS for other classes, it will still work for Luster.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Oct 11, 2020 at 12:20 PM.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

So basically, don't bother sweating over Luster values because the one shown on the weapon is usually the wrong one (it's just there because it's higher), and the R-ATK in your stat screen seems to be
    Whatever you had + Weapon base R-ATK * 1.7 + Weapon R-ATK affixes
    which is obviously also misleading, the skill description says the proper values are only calculated when you're attacking... Thanks ysok. At least I didn't freak and redo a Grand Shoot lol, but yeah let's bury that post before someone does

I guess I have to go edit that exact question because somehow it wasn't clear enough for one person to understand since nobody seemed to have an issue with it when Etoiles Wand Plus Skill came out

Well I've already talked about how I don't think it's worth it for Lu main, so pretty much all of what I was saying was in the context of Lu sub. If you don't plan on subbing it then it's totally skippable.
    You already have like 3 empty spots on your weapon palette, why not fill it with a PP battery? I don't see how a PP battery for the class would ever not be worth it
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Oct 11, 2020 at 02:29 PM.
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

I wasn't confused by the question, I just had a stroke and convinced myself the difference has to mean something and if it's bigger it's better. Wand stats were close enough that it didn't spook me back then
    Last edited by Dimate; Oct 11, 2020 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    You already have like 3 empty spots on your weapon palette, why not fill it with a PP battery? I don't see how a PP battery for the class would ever not be worth it
    I meant the skill isn't worth it for Lu main.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Oct 11, 2020 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimate View Post
    I wasn't confused by the question, I just had a stroke and convinced myself the difference has to mean something and if it's bigger it's better. Wand stats were close enough that it didn't spook me back then
    not entirely your fault but at the same time, people are going to read your post and confusion will probably be made, want to avoid it

I meant the skill isn't worth it for Lu main.
    ok
    PSO2 NGS

the big problem with complete rest is that while it doesn't help LU main, it also doesn't help LU sub at all. LU main's PP barely even knows what PP management means, sure but even old style gunslash is already very efficient PP wise. On top of that, most of the better classes for using LU sub (BR,TE, HU, FI to a lesser extent) all have easy Genon access and/or pp contraptions in their main tree. Right now it's about as useful as stuff like Phantom's Mark drain a.k.a just gratuitous and pretty much unneeded resources.

So a good way I've been using style purge is when I have luster time ready to use. Dump gauge > style purge > dump gauge > luster time. Using luster time gives you your style back instantly and all your gauge back, without having to wait the 10s you normally would after a purge. I also have found it useful when I don't necessarily need the benefits of the style but I need the gauge, good for killing trash in free-for-alls in DQ, and phase 1/3 of PD.

Also normal gunslash feels very strong. Here's the dps modifiers based on what mainclass you pick: unknown.png
    Honestly not sure what combination is strongest, but I've been leveling a lot of classes I didn't want to bother with previously and it all feels pretty strong. I'm definitely subbing luster and whipping out a gunslash for my 10 class challenge.
    Last edited by Coatl; Oct 12, 2020 at 01:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.