Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1724252627

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Thanks.
    you almost never use Fomel's weapon action, its alright but not worth draining your gear gauge to do. It's still top bossing style though. Don't forget with Zandi to use its quick shoot attack for pretty much instant gauge too
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Oh, I see. I'll keep that in mind.
    Real shame, though, the Fomel weapon action looks awesome.

Got another question, is there a reliable way to do an Enhanced Combo?
    I read that you need to trigger the 2nd enhanced PA before the JA circle appears and then only the 1st enhanced PA costs pp and the 2nd one still counts as JA but no matter what I try everything costs full pp.

Apparently you can use quickshoot after an enhanced combo with Fomel and I triggered it a couple of times but for the life of me I can't recall the timing for the enhanced combo.
    This is especially difficult because weapon action will just end the enhanced PA animation and use the regular uncharged weapon action animation instead.
    Last edited by mother clusterfck; Nov 25, 2020 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Oh, I see. I'll keep that in mind.
    Real shame, though, the Fomel weapon action looks awesome.

Got another question, is there a reliable way to do an Enhanced Combo?
    I read that you need to trigger the 2nd enhanced PA before the JA circle appears and then only the 1st enhanced PA costs pp and the 2nd one still counts as JA but no matter what I try everything costs full pp.

Apparently you can use quickshoot after an enhanced combo with Fomel and I triggered it a couple of times but for the life of me I can't recall the timing for the enhanced combo.
    This is especially difficult because weapon action will just end the enhanced PA animation and use the regular uncharged weapon action animation instead.
    You need to have enough gear for the next PA attack to be full power, which means you need at least 2 gear bars to do it. The timing is any time between the chime sound from using the enhanced pa, before the JA circle. You can actually just mash or hold the next PA though, it always counts as the same JA status as the first PA. The quick shoot needs to be timed though. I think it's like slightly after the JA circle appears, it's the same timing as doing it with normal attack combos.

Thanks, I was just spamming enhanced pas while trying it and my gear was always empty.
    With enough gear it's easy to get it consistently.

Also, earlier in the thread someone said (at least that's how I understood it) that slash rise / fall are far too weak to bother using, that's correct? Do they also break enhance combo and the TAJA skills? I.e. if I use Flechette > JA Brand Extension JA I proc Tech Arts JA Multi Bonus and Tech Arts PP High Save, but if I do Flechette > Quick Slash > Brand JA Extension do these skills still proc?

How about Quick Slash? Does it prevent the TAJA skills from proccing? And it is also too weak to use?
    It seems to very strong, with a very brief animation, low pp cost and 30% more damage than Flechette. DPS is a bit lower but for 4pp and refilling a bit gear it seems easily good enough to use.

Finally, I don't really get Tech Arts PP High Save. PA1 > PA2 > PA3 and PA 3 is reduced to 60% pp cost?
    And if I do PA 1 > PA 2 > PA 3 > PA 2> PA1 will PA1 at the end also be reduced to 60% cost? Or would I have to add PA3 yet again because a PA that is reduced cannot count as start of a 3PA combo?
    And how about the 4th different PA, how does that factor in and how much does its pp cost get reduced?
    Basically the skills mentions 2 different effects but only 1 amount is listed which is kinda confusing.

Slash Rise/Fall are used for positioning/movement and not as a DPS tool. I believe they break TAJA but I'd have to check swiki to confirm.

Quick Slash is good and worth using as a tracking attack (it's around 2700 DPS).

I'll be honest, I don't totally understand Tech Arts PP High Save but I almost never have any PP issues with Luster so I didn't find it necessary to dig deep into it. lol

I personally don't feel like TAPPHS is worth the effort. It's not terrible, but I don't go out of my way to try and trigger it.

Basically every time you do 3 PAs if the 3rd one wasn't used within that 3 PA combo then it gets a reduced PP cost. You can use the same PA multiple times then trigger it on a different one, but you can't alternate. The only way to have it trigger on every PA usage is if you keep doing 3 different PAs. If you do 4 different PAs (which, fuck that, that's all of them), then it gets reduced further. I don't know which one is the base reduction, but cycling through all 4 PAs doesn't feel worth it with how little PP management problems I have on Lu.

Thanks.
    And yeah, feels dumb considering all the other things you have to keep in mind and the dps loss from using the wrong pas can't possibly be balanced out by a pp cost reduction on a single pa.

Yet another poorly designed skill in Sega's quest for making things diverse without regard for usefulness.

Quick Slash and Tech Arts JA Multi Bonus are a different matter, though, because both are good. Swiki says:
    A normal attack, weapon action (including enhanced attack shoot), quick slash, quick shoot, and slash rise (slash fall) are considered to be a continuation of the combo.
    Judgment that the combo is interrupted for step and style purge.

Good, cause I want to get used to use Quick Slash more often.