Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Any attack mag will work. It's the same as Hr and Et mag
    Ok, thanks for clarifying that.

Baran style gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

I have been wondering at this point if it’s still worth to always use enhanced to rack up the voltage with better pp efficiency.
    Since the dps more or less halved without gear meanwhile normal arts dps about equal to enhanced arts with gear except the pp efficiency is abysmal on voltage buildup (damage too).
    Last edited by Tigy; Sep 19, 2020 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigy View Post
    I have been wondering at this point if it’s still worth to always use enhanced to rack up the voltage with better pp efficiency.
    Since the dps more or less halved without gear meanwhile normal arts dps about equal to enhanced arts with gear except the pp efficiency is abysmal on voltage buildup (damage too).
    the higher the voltage the better honestly, that dmg/crit at 500Vs is kinda hard to ignore. im sticking to enhanced PA's for that dmg increase over non e. PA's
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

There's a bit of an interesting property to Tech Arts PP High Save. From my understanding and testing, at max level what it does is lower the cost of the third distinct PA/Tech in a row by 40%(as described), and the fourth one by 70%. It then keeps the relevant bonus active as long as the last 2/3 PAs/Techs have been different. However, it interacts with static PP cost reduction(such as from Bolt PP Save or crafted PAs/Techs) in a very advantageous way; you'd assume the math would go: (base cost - reduction) * 0.6 or * 0.3. Instead what it does seems to be: (base cost * 0.6 or 0.3) - reduction. Which means that you can very easily lower the cost of certain crafted PAs and such to almost nothing with the full bonus.

For instance, a perfect PP craft Twister Fall 0 will cost you (40 * 0.6) - 10 = 14 or (40 * 0.3) - 10 = 2, instead of 18 or 9 respectively.

Probably not a massive amount of applications considering how strict this skill is, though, I mostly just wonder if that was intentional. Tech Short Charge(up to -30% PP cost) from Phantom seems to behave the same way, so I guess the answer is yes?
    Last edited by Cyclon; Sep 19, 2020 at 09:26 AM.

I accedentally deleted my other post trying to edit it on mobile...
    I was saying that even though pp efficiency and building voltage are important, I don't think it's worth using enhanced PAs with no gear. You can easily build you gear back up doing a quick shoot combo or something.

I also think Feng Banther is overvaluing being at max gear constantly. I just have a hard time articulating why other than gear being easy to build.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    There's a bit of an interesting property to Tech Arts PP High Save. From my understanding and testing, at max level what it does is lower the cost of the third distinct PA/Tech in a row by 40%(as described), and the fourth one by 70%. It then keeps the relevant bonus active as long as the last 2/3 PAs/Techs have been different. However, it interacts with static PP cost reduction(such as from Bolt PP Save or crafted PAs/Techs) in a very advantageous way; you'd assume the math would go: (base cost - reduction) * 0.6 or * 0.3. Instead what it does seems to be: (base cost * 0.6 or 0.3) - reduction. Which means that you can very easily lower the cost of certain crafted PAs and such to almost nothing with the full bonus.

For instance, a perfect PP craft Twister Fall 0 will cost you (40 * 0.6) - 10 = 14 or (40 * 0.3) - 10 = 2, instead of 18 or 9 respectively.

Probably not a massive amount of applications considering how strict this skill is, though, I mostly just wonder if that was intentional. Tech Short Charge(up to -30% PP cost) from Phantom seems to behave the same way, so I guess the answer is yes?
    That's how all pp cost reduction works. It's really noticable with lightning techs on Fo using -pp cost SSAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post

Would the fourth PA have to be unique to the combo? So if you do PAs abc, does the 4th have to be d in order to get the 70% PP reduction?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Would the fourth PA have to be unique to the combo? So if you do PAs abc, does the 4th have to be d in order to get the 70% PP reduction?
    Unfortunately, yes. And then if you want to keep the bonus, the fifth PA can be neither b, c, or d(although b would get the 40% reduction), and so on and so forth.
    At least unlike Tech Arts JA Multi Bonus, this doesn't get interrupted if you throw normal attacks in at any point, but still.

Last edited by Sizustar; Sep 19, 2020 at 12:54 PM.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Thanks Sizustar, I will add those vids to the OP later today and once I find some other content like Endless Quest

I'll add the DPS chart but try to add some notes to it, right now its giving the impression that Barants is the best over Fomel when they didn't take into account:

-Phrase Decay (5% dmg if target has Jellen)
    -Gear is sustained better on single targets
    -Fomel Ring (the Ra Megid T0 visual)
    -Sustaining PP
    etc

It's still currently:

Fomel > Zandi > Barants

Again, if you don't care about meta, then use your favorite Style. I know Coatl said to swap to Fomel and proc Jellen but frankly, I really don't think anyone wants to do that mid combo and drop some DPS because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Baran style gameplay

Spoiler!
    is this your fastest time? I only ask because after watching this, I went in with Fomel style for the first time and cleared it in 3:28 with a lot of mistakes made.
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Sep 19, 2020 at 04:52 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers