Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

What's a good recipe to use for Lu armor set with 6s?

What I currently have(Same effect on all 3)

And other receptor that I have.
    https://imgur.com/a/veXbUFK
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by nervnqsr View Post
    this heavily conflicts with feng banther's chart in so many ways... which one is more accurate?
    That was outdated when I posted it sorry. The numbers in the swiki have since been updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    What's a good recipe to use for Lu armor set with 6s?

What I currently have(Same effect on all 3)

And other receptor that I have.
    https://imgur.com/a/veXbUFK
    http://arks-layer.com/abilitysim/jp/...N06&o=B12c.A06

I can recommend these affixes 2 of my friends did it and are pretty content with the results. They are cheap 7s affixes, can get it done with about 50m (most of the money is spent on graces). If you don't wanna use graces then it actually costs like 15m.
    Last edited by Coatl; Sep 26, 2020 at 07:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

after playing some more, I think Ive come to the conclusion I'm removing Purge Style off my tree. I basically never use it and what I'm doing already, its almost pointless to bother just for quick explosion damage. I've been playing 70% Fomel, 30% Zandi, 0% Barants since it's been out. Going to practice Barants later on but frankly, theyre all fun (I did try Barants first day, just hovered more toward the other 2)

DPS chart wise, idk I'm iffy about some of the combo's still. All I can really say for the time being is just pick a Style you like and just get good with it.

I'll be updating the gameplay videos in the next day or two, some good ones have been posted and I'd like to add them here.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Baran is starting to click with me. It works really well in counter heavy fights.

I'm also starting to see Feng Banther's argument about saving gear. The Lv3 charge shot does over 1m damage and having it for boss returns is very useful.

So right now I'm settling for a Quick Slash hold > 4 PA x3 > repeat loop for stationary targets. The 3 PA variant burns through my PP too quickly and does only slightly more damage.

For bosses like Sodom, Execour or Varna this no longer matters. Step Guard > Quick Shoot > Enhanced Combo spam shits out damage like crazy and you have infinite gear to do it. Even with poverty affixes I could hold aggro for days. Probably explains why Baran got those short clear times on Phaleg but not Masq because it's one of those things that would get shielded instantly.

And it's super fun to pull off. Makes your character look like a yoyo.
    I've been unsuccessful in chaining Quick Shoot on persistent damage sources like lasers and tornadoes, though, so I would fall back on WA counter for these.

I've actually been thinking of grabbing Purge because the blast sounds like a nice thing to do before using Luster Time (two back-to-back damage bursts and gear refills, then you regain element), on paper anyway
    Deband Disorder is feeling memey because I spent several minutes unsuccessfully burning Primordial hands with a +35 fire Lumigny... Execour burns well enough but 15 seconds without counters is actually not that great

Gonna explore the other two once I have my next Cras. That 5x Sage Crest event is there for a reason, I can feel the Zieg exchange in my bones

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    PAs do advance the normal combo, it's just that the 4th normal ALWAYS comes after 3 normals, regardless of where in the combo loop you start.
    Oh that makes sense, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dimate View Post
    Baran is starting to click with me. It works really well in counter heavy fights.

I'm also starting to see Feng Banther's argument about saving gear. The Lv3 charge shot does over 1m damage and having it for boss returns is very useful.
    The main reason I disagree with the gear thing is because there's not a lot of fights where the boss leaves and you can precast, but are also counter heavy. Sodom is like, the only relevant one right now. That's not to say Brants is bad, I just think sitting on the gear isn't super valuable with how fast you can get it back by just doing a quick shoot combo in a pinch, or just countering. I admit I'm a fan of countering into quick shoot into a charged shot though.

I've actually been thinking of grabbing Purge because the blast sounds like a nice thing to do before using Luster Time (two back-to-back damage bursts and gear refills, then you regain element), on paper anyway
    I have it, what you're describing seems to be the only practical use for it outside of like cheesing low level stuff. The explosion doesn't really feel like it does enough damage to justify it though. Ijust find it fun mostly.

Deband Disorder is feeling memey because I spent several minutes unsuccessfully burning Primordial hands with a +35 fire Lumigny... Execour burns well enough but 15 seconds without counters is actually not that great
    Deband Disorder feels like it works better fo Te/Lu or Fi/Lu than it would for a Lu main.

Heh you would be right about not sitting on gear. The reason I tried that gear/PP-efficient loop is because on paper it looked better than the gear dump I initially used, which looked something like Flechette > Brand > Flechette, but I only recently realized I overlooked a very important property of TAJA

I don't know why I was always under the impression that each hit in an Enhanced Combo would have their own TAJA condition, and if you didn't mix them up you would lose TAJA. In actuality all you need to do is

PA1 > Enhanced Combo

Then the whole Enhanced Combo is under the effect of TAJA, even if all you use in that combo is one art

Indeed, I initially disregarded the Roboarks combo,
    Regular Flechette > Enhanced Brand Combo (all gear) > Flechette 5-6x > repeat
    because I thought he was ungaing without care for TAJA, but it seemed to be super legit in practice

Really disgusting video. Exactly one Jellen at the beginning, didn't even touch the normal attack button outside of farming extra hits during Brand animation, or bother with Quick Shoot. Just that combo and good countering
    Gotta say I'm bummed it's that simple lol

Baran probably wouldn't be much different. You're already using Stay Arts, so to get around the lack of gear ticks you could do
    Flechette > Enhanced Brand Combo (all gear) > Normal 1-4 > Quick Shoot > Flechette > Brand > repeat
    Under the effect of Shifta Gear Boost, you will have full gear right as you go into the Brand combo

Time to take the points off Tech Arts PP Save again...
    Last edited by Dimate; Oct 3, 2020 at 03:53 PM.

Really disgusting video. Exactly one Jellen at the beginning, didn't even touch the normal attack button outside of farming extra hits during Brand animation, or bother with Quick Shoot. Just that combo and good countering
    Gotta say I'm bummed it's that simple lol
    I was going to post this video, its one of the reasons why I argue Fomel style is better

I'll be adding that video later along with some others, affixing this weekend really ate up a lot of my time along with selling. good affix week for me
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

I think Fomel and Baran should be very close, since they can abuse the same Stay Arts and Step Guard. The biggest differences would be having built-in massive for maximum unga and triangle damage ticks, versus better normals, an immediate WA nuke and quick shoots out of guard. Since the player didn't use the stabby stab it's probably a beginner trap meant to look cool like I suspected, or maybe you'd use it on multi target instead

So where does Zandi sit after all that? I hope it's not too far behind in bosses

P.S. That spam he did on the lasers would work on things like Loser washing machine... right?
    Last edited by Dimate; Sep 29, 2020 at 06:22 AM.

I think Fomel and Baran should be very close, since they can abuse the same Stay Arts and Step Guard. The biggest differences would be having built-in massive for maximum unga and triangle damage ticks, versus better normals, an immediate WA nuke and quick shoots out of guard. Since the player didn't use the stabby stab it's probably a beginner trap meant to look cool like I suspected, or maybe you'd use it on multi target instead

So where does Zandi sit after all that? I hope it's not too far behind in bosses

P.S. That spam he did on the lasers would work on things like Loser washing machine... right?
    Zandi is fine for bossing, although you do lose the flechette spam. Brand just has you using the move version, which with the 15% speed buff, gets above Stay Brand for Zandi anyway. In order to get your TAJA going, you'll have to use move Slug or move Flechette which is a bit inferior but works fine. additionally, the chase effect you get from dodging is similar damage and PP recovery to Fomel's photon cluster so you're covered here. You do lose the benefit of Decay which is imo the main draw of bossing with Fomel in the first place.

That being said it's still a bit inferior but it also makes sense, since Zandi's mobility, enhanced normal and WA also makes it the best mobbing mode by far and probably a necessity to get a good Zandi GS once all those mobbing EQs start rolling
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Sep 29, 2020 at 12:26 PM.

Since the player didn't use the stabby stab it's probably a beginner trap meant to look cool like I suspected, or maybe you'd use it on multi target instead
    If you mean the hold weapon action, it doesn't actually have that much dps compared to the PAs you would be doing in the same situation. It gives pp back, but since most decent weapons nowadays have good inbuilt pp management, and fomel style is getting pp back from the bits, it's not really required.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Sep 29, 2020 at 03:32 PM.