Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

How do I shot gunblade?

1) Seriously though, how to use the styles properly? And which are good for mobbing / bossing?

2) What does Zandi's charged weapon action do? Looks like the animation just ends when you let go of the button

3)How does Purge style work? I thought style is tied to weapon element so it is permanent until you switch to a GS with a different element?

4) Which pas to use for mobbing / bossing? Is voltage gain more important than dps unless there is a major dps difference?

5) Feng Banther's DPS chart lists different values for using a pa's stay / move version after its stay / move version than for using either of the versions alone, Is there something other than Tech Arts Multi Bonus that affects dps for consecutive uses of pas?

6) Enhanced pas come from those 1sp skills for each style?

7) How about this tree (complete rest is here to stay, I'll have >1000% pp regen with 3sp)?
    (and I got a bit more deband disorder for fi chase builds)

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    1) Seriously though, how to use the styles properly? And which are good for mobbing / bossing?
    Zandi is my favorite for mobbing because the hold normal is pocket rezandia, but they're all good at bossing as far as I know, I wouldn't be the one to ask on how to use them "properly" outside of making sure you keep your bits up and use quickshoot with the forward and back dodge counters with baran style.
    Also, in general don't spam enhanced arts with no gear.
    2) What does Zandi's charged weapon action do? Looks like the animation just ends when you let go of the button
    It hits enemies in the circle with lightning.

3)How does Purge style work? I thought style is tied to weapon element so it is permanent until you switch to a GS with a different element?
    It has a 10 second duration and persists if you switch weapons. It just treats you as not having an element temporarily for the style.
    EDIT: I forgot to mention that it immediately ends when you activate Luster Time or Luster Time Finish.

4) Which pas to use for mobbing / bossing?
    I use basically all of them for mobbing depending on what I need at that moment, but stay arts flechette is probably my least used. For bossing I mainly use stay arts flechette, either version of brand extension, and move arts slug scatter. Hollow Point is probably only useful if the enemy is far away as filler until you can get closer or hitting a hard to reach spot.

Is voltage gain more important than dps unless there is a major dps difference?
    You build voltage pretty fast regardless, so once you have 500 you can just kinda do whatever. I usually try and do whatever gets the bonus voltage for whatever style I'm in, but in general you don't actually lose that much other than the voltage and unique style effects from not doing that. Zandi is the only one that's a very tiny DPS increase for using move arts over using them with other styles. Fomel and Baran styles just get increased range for enhanced and stay arts respectively.

5) Feng Banther's DPS chart lists different values for using a pa's stay / move version after its stay / move version than for using either of the versions alone, Is there something other than Tech Arts Multi Bonus that affects dps for consecutive uses of pas?
    You can do the first part of the PA as a stay art and the second as a move art, and vice versa, if you change inputs mid PA

6) Enhanced pas come from those 1sp skills for each style?
    Enhanced PAs are just what happens when you hold the PA button down. They're the second parts that consume gear.

7) How about this tree (complete rest is here to stay, I'll have >1000% pp regen with 3sp)?
    (and I got a bit more deband disorder for fi chase builds)
    I personally value voltage reset heal more than Killing Restorate. KR hasn't really done much for my mobbing upkeep, and it has a tiny range anyway.
    Complete rest requires you to stand still with your weapon sheathed, which doesn't come up often. Especially since the situations you'd normally switch to a pp recovery weapon are ones that last long enough that reset heal will trigger anyway. I haven't used Luster as a sub as much but I basically never actually use my PP battery on the class itself.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Sep 30, 2020 at 12:02 AM.

Thanks a lot for the answer.

Purge Style removes your ability to use style based skills, etc. for 10s in exchange for a big explosion? Or what is the purpose of Purge Style?

As for complete rest, I recover literally 50 pp/s with y pp regen GS so it's amazing. In fact I think of spending 3 more sp on it for 72.5pp/s regen rather than maxing killing restorate or voltage reset heal (both will be at 5/10).
    In fact just had an idea, I'm using Lummigunny so with deband disorder I have 400% status effect application rate which makes this amazing as sub for fi and in generally should allow for actual CC without reducing dps and of course easier boss fights with anything that is susceptible to a status effect.
    Last edited by mother clusterfck; Sep 30, 2020 at 02:13 PM.

Purge Style removes your ability to use style based skills, etc. for 10s in exchange for a big explosion? Or what is the purpose of Purge Style?
    Pretty much, it also changes the enhanced weapon action into a continuous fire, but the DPS on it isn't very impressive. It's ok for focusing on a hard to hit weakpoint or something I guess.

As for complete rest, I recover literally 50 pp/s with y pp regen GS so it's amazing. In fact I think of spending 3 more sp on it for 72.5pp/s regen rather than maxing killing restorate or voltage reset heal (both will be at 5/10).
    If you really want to put more points in it just pull the points straight from Killing restorate. Seriously, that skill isn't worth it with the range it has. I still think voltage reset heal is more valuable than complete rest though. Sure you get a lot of pp back per second, but luster doesn't really have a hard time recovering pp with attacks, and the time you spend standing around with a pp recovery weapon is time you could be doing normal attack quick shoot combos, and/or baran style counters instead. I can't think of a situation where it would be preferable to switch weapons and stand still for exactly 1-4 seconds.

In fact just had an idea, I'm using Lummigunny so with deband disorder I have 400% status effect application rate which makes this amazing as sub for fi and in generally should allow for actual CC without reducing dps and of course easier boss fights with anything that is susceptible to a status effect.
    Lumigunny is kinda mediocre as a main weapon. I only ever use it for proccing a specific status on a boss, or as a poison weapon against high hp dissolosabers, a regular SE affix has a high enough proc chance to be usable with a better weapon if you want to do that kind of thing.
    You're right about Luster being a good sub for Fi though. They synergize really well.

I found it's actually the other way around, refilling pp with normals, etc. is low dps and very slow with a number of weapons. You need like 30s of low dps to make up for a handful seconds of refilling pp with a good pp battery (mind has 484% pp regen base).
    E.g. on hr talis normals refill pp at a good rate but I tested it and in the end using tmg ja reload is simply considerably higher dps because you can quickly get back to high dps pas.

I can't say what it's like at max lvl in UH for Luster of course since I'm only lvl 78 (waiting for pso2 day to spam keys) but I did a SHAQ yesterday and voltage went from ~120 to 0 in barely 5 seconds of not attacking when the current wave of mobs had died during a PSE burst and with 2 other people killing stuff.

And Kril said Killing Restorate is important but now you say it's meh so I guess it is situational for mobs and of course pointless for bosses so so far everything suggests both skills are good, but won't beat 1010% (50/s) and especially 1450% (72.5/s) pp regen.

I am heavily biased against any skill that requires a rapidly depleting resource because it takes one moment of not focusing to lose all or most of it and then getting it back is slow, e.g. sword gear in ep 2 was the same and I remember running out the very moment some boss made me dodge more than once or twice in a row.

found a really satisfying rotation to do on fomel with good voltage gain, basically uses gear as much as possible while keeping PP at near 100%
    enhance normal -> stay brand -> enhance stay brand + hidden atk -> enhance stay flechette + hidden atk -> quick shoot -> stay quick slash+enhance normal -> (stay brand -> move flechette) x2 -> stay quickslash -> repeat
    i like doing it since it activates so many extra features of fomel and luster in general, does very good dps for little PP, and has a pretty steep learning curve
    Last edited by nervnqsr; Sep 30, 2020 at 07:03 PM.

Maybe it's just the way I play, but I've never felt like I needed a pp battery on Lu in the first place. I basically only have one on my palette because it's an Eclucio with Temptation and Lucky Rise II.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Maybe it's just the way I play, but I've never felt like I needed a pp battery on Lu in the first place. I basically only have one on my palette because it's an Eclucio with Temptation and Lucky Rise II.
    I got to lvl 95 now and did some triggers and with voltage reset heal and killing restorate at lvl 5 both I also have virtually infinite pp using my liberate gs and neither standing still nor using my pp battery.

Maybe it's useful for luster sub, how much can you use voltage with lu sub?

Speaking of which, voltage is very unreliable. In White Day I had consistently over 500 most of the time, even reaching 1198 but i beach wars I often had less than 200 and indeed it only takes 5 seconds at times to go from over 700 voltage to 0.

Also, I got Deband Disorder up to sp and now the cc is epic, mobs get inflicted with bind very often and are super easy to kill.
    In White day it was almost the level of a Ramar with an Arrest Srank Needle, despite just using Liberate GS without any status affixed.

I got Liberate GS, Atlas Ex GS (new pot) and Lummigunny, which elements should I give them?

And, do you proc slash ja multibonus if you use slash rise / fall?

I kinda got into the habit of doing flechette > hold jump > ja brand extension > hold jump > ja flechette unless the target is too far away, usually getting close with a move flechette in this case rather than using slug scatter (kinda only using this for mobbing) or even hollow point. Is this a good rotation? What to use for mobbing / bossing?
    Last edited by mother clusterfck; Oct 1, 2020 at 11:28 PM.

Heck if I know.

99% Fomel style forever loner, only use barant for precharge and zandi for zondeel.