Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15222324252627 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Also normal gunslash feels very strong. Here's the dps modifiers based on what mainclass you pick:
    Honestly not sure what combination is strongest, but I've been leveling a lot of classes I didn't want to bother with previously and it all feels pretty strong. I'm definitely subbing luster and whipping out a gunslash for my 10 class challenge.
    It's meant to make up for a lack of main class multipliers that affect gunslash damage.
    One thing I've noticed, and saw mentioned on the s-wiki though, is that it's balanced with average stance in mind for Br, so Br/Lu has the third highest damage potential with gunslash if you don't care about utility, because of weak stance, only beat out by Hu with max war brave, which is less likely to be relevant in a boss fight than weak stance, and Fi using wise stance. Fi sounds good on paper, but because the multiplier is so low by comparison you have have to rely on basically having everything Fi has in its arsenal except maybe chase active. That's not necessarily bad, since Lu just makes a good sub for Fi in general, but if you purely want to use gunslash it's not as convenient.

Hu is probably the best general purpose main class for using gunslash, since you get Hu's suvivability and less situational multipliers to do more damage than Fi/Lu. Fi/Lu only beats out Hu/Lu for gunslash useage with wise stance while using limit break and tech arts. Again though, this is only in the context of gunslash, and even then it's not like the weapon is terrible on Fi/Lu.

Te/Lu has potential of giving Te another bossing/solo option that doesn't rely on techs with gunslash, but I haven't tried it that much.

The rest of the classes it feels like Lu isn't a good subclass for in general, or the gunslash multipliers aren't notable enough to make them worth using specifically for that, though they do still have the option I guess. Su in particular gets shafted here because of the really low pet multiplier, AND a relatively low gunslash multiplier.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Oct 12, 2020 at 01:03 PM.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/26899/#ttl01

Luster got some balancing done tonight, will update the OP in a bit

Rough Translation:

-Zandi Dodge Advanced: Increased duration and Gear accumulation

-All Atk Lu: Power increase to the following (At Lv10):
    Strike power: 155% → 170%
    Shooting power: 135% → 150%
    Tech power: 140% → 155%
    Pet power: 130% → 145%

-Lu Weapon Bonus 2: Power Lowered (At Lv10) (this is done in return for All Atk buff)
    Power: 170% → 155%

-Luster Gunslash Adjustment
    Zandi's Style Enhanced Shoot at Lv1 charge increased in power
    Reduced Charge time for Zandi Style Enhanced Shoot
    Gear Increased during Quick Shoot

-Luster Step Guard
    Changed so that the effects of First Blood is applied (it's not removing anything, just adding FB to it which uhh, kinda thought was already applied)
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Oct 13, 2020 at 11:20 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

It looks like very nice buffs overall. Seems like an overall damage gain overall as well? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old damage calc was 1.1x1.05x1.35x1.7x1.7= 4.5062 or 450% damage
    New calc is 1.1x1.05x1.50x1.7x1.55= 4.56513 or 457% damage

+Mag damage 130%>145%
    +Quick Shoot now gives gear
    +Huge huge zandi buff
    Last edited by Coatl; Oct 14, 2020 at 09:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Desync is what causes enemy teleporting, lag can cause desyncs, but it's not the only cause. If you don't see everyone and everything stopping randomly before it happens then it's not lag. The fact that you only have it happen in MPAs makes it pretty clear that it's desync because you can lag solo, the mobs just don't have to resync with anyone so it doesn't happen.

I mainly brought it up because the "host" sync aspect is important. Even when it is caused by actual lag, if you're the host EVERYONE has mobs spawning slowly or teleporting, or in some cases just standing around doing nothing. If you're not, then only you have the problems, while the MPA is functioning fine and you have to keep catching up. I've seen this first hand multiple times. Especially when there were those really bad lag spikes a few weeks before Lu came out. I ended up being the first person in an MPA at one point and it literally couldn't progress because of how long my lag was. But any time I wasn't the first, everyone basically blazed through it while I couldn't see what was going on until it sync'd again.

I'd like to point out that because of the way non-element works, that 10% more r-atk on luster is probably going to be more total damage than the 4% from the s5.

The effect stacks with other pp regen effects though, so it's not like having more would be bad for classes using Lu as a sub. If you're already standing still, switching to a pp recovery weapon will sheath it anyway, so you just immediately get the effect. I don't really feel like any classes other than Te and Fo really benefit from it though, and Fo/Lu didn't particularly stand out to me. It might also work with Ra.
    Ah, I see what's up now. Desync in PSO2 can have the same effects as lag in all online games even if you are not lagging yourself which is why so many people think it's desync and lag is some kind of minor effect that does nothing. I have teleporting enemies most of the time when no one else does, I guess one advantage for others is that me lagging means I am very unlikely to host any quest other than my own triggers.

Also, my bad, I mixed up drinks and with Guts drink using total HP and adding 50% I thought you meant Shifta drink would do the same and add 50% of total attack which is obviously not the case. I seriously derped on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    I have 0 SP invested into Complete Rest because well, don't really need it and the only reason I bring a PP battery with me still is just for those down times when there isn't enough fight time to build a good amount of Voltage to recover on reset and I've spent a bit more PP than I wanted along with the little amount of V's I did build isn't a good enough recovery so it fills in the gap.

I'm assuming the rest of what you're talking about is for classes subbing Lu which isn't much concern to me because I personally don't aim to sub Lu anytime at all.
    What you and I consider enough pp are different, though. I haven't done the math so I can't be 100% sure but from my experience most times when if you have to refill pp with normals and similar stuff dps drops considerably more than switching to a good pp battery and back to your main dps weapon.
    Especially on Lu where you have to frequently use low dpp basic pas to refill gear, I found myself running out of pp frequently against Shiva while having plenty of gear when I wasn't periodically switching to my pp battery.

As mentioned, with a good pp battery and 6sp in complete rest I regen 169pp in 3 seconds which is fast enough to keep voltage from depleting. Lu is fine with mobs but for bosses where Killing Restorate doesn't proc it can be an issue, especially if the boss won't let you build voltage easily. Voltage Reset Heal won't be much help at low voltage.
    The main point is for Lu main Deband Disorder is useless so you can put 3sp into Complete Reset and still got 18 sp for Killing Restorate and Voltage Reset Heal, it's not like you can only have one or the other and even with 9sp into Deband Disorder (cause I wanna make chase build filu work) I got 5sp into those skills.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    The main point is for Lu main Deband Disorder is useless so you can put 3sp into Complete Reset and still got 18 sp for Killing Restorate and Voltage Reset Heal, it's not like you can only have one or the other and even with 9sp into Deband Disorder (cause I wanna make chase build filu work) I got 5sp into those skills.
    Lumigunny would like to have several words with you.

Complete Rest is a pretty bad skill considering Voltage Reset Heal exists. Having to completely stop to regen PP on a class that already doesn't have PP management issues is really whatever. For those occasions where you would actually want to gain some passive PP back, a PP Gunslash (Atra EX, Million, Ayer, Stil) would serve you much much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    For those occasions where you would actually want to gain some passive PP back, a PP Gunslash (Atra EX, Million, Ayer, Stil) would serve you much much better.
    They stack, and switching weapons has them sheathed. I don't think Complete Rest is really worth it either, but I don't get why people act like you can't use it with a pp battery. The problem with it is the opportunity cost of the SP, not the fact that you can have a pp battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    They stack, and switching weapons has them sheathed. I don't think Complete Rest is really worth it either, but I don't get why people act like you can't use it with a pp battery. The problem with it is the opportunity cost of the SP, not the fact that you can have a pp battery.
    I'm aware that the effect stacks as it does with Techer PP Restorate if you were going to pair them up, just with the current flow of the game, standing still for even 1 second to recover PP doesn't really fit in with how Luster plays at all. Potential for subclass usage maybe but I really don't see it having huge benefits for Luster main.

Killing Restorate is a much more direct answer to the only situation I ever find myself thinking about PP in, which is mobbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    I'm aware that the effect stacks as it does with Techer PP Restorate if you were going to pair them up, just with the current flow of the game, standing still for even 1 second to recover PP doesn't really fit in with how Luster plays at all. Potential for subclass usage maybe but I really don't see it having huge benefits for Luster main.

Killing Restorate is a much more direct answer to the only situation I ever find myself thinking about PP in, which is mobbing.
    I agree, I just don't see why everyone keeps bringing up pp batteries, when they aren't really a point against it. I pretty much only have pp problems if I mess up my rotation or can't stay in melee range with Fomel style.

I wasn't expecting Zandi Dodge Advance to be buffed all the way up to 40 seconds in duration. I was expecting 20-30 seconds. But I wasn't expecting Lu buffs so quickly, either. I guess SEGA noticed the shortcomings of Zandi Style and actually did something quickly about it.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    I wasn't expecting Zandi Dodge Advance to be buffed all the way up to 40 seconds in duration. I was expecting 20-30 seconds. But I wasn't expecting Lu buffs so quickly, either. I guess SEGA noticed the shortcomings of Zandi Style and actually did something quickly about it.
    Now you can either slot a good utility S4 or pursuit for damage on Zandi or actually use it with a GS that doesn't have a S4 which I think is the really nice implication of the buff, as Evasion training is no longer an absolute requirement for it to be good.(Zandi Style Stil finally not a meme bois)
    Zandi imo didn't need THAT much help, it was pretty much arguably the best mobbing style, but was very lacking for bosses, and the buffs just made it so it's very marginally better at bossing, but also inarguably became the best mobbing style. I'm personally more worried about Baran here, which pretty much has always been a pre-fire bot, and otherwise being "Fomel except worse save for like 2 bosses in the entire game"
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Oct 15, 2020 at 08:28 AM.