Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post

I got Liberate GS, Atlas Ex GS (new pot) and Lummigunny, which elements should I give them?
    If you don't feel like grabbing a Darkbanisher GS, then I would suggest Liberate for Fire and Atlas Ex for Light personally. All three styles are good but Fomel is definitely ahead of the other two for Bossing, so you want your strongest GS (in this case Liberate) to be either Fire or Dark for Fomel.

Lumigunny, I would also suggest setting it to Fire and also putting a Poison Affix on it.

Since we are going to be getting new floors in Divide Quest with the introduction of Shiva herself being a floor boss, having Lumigunny for Fire will give you a reliable way to stun Grav on floors that you have to fight it. The reason why you want a Poison Affix on the weapon and not many people know this, is because both Burn and Poison do ticks of 10 million damage to Primordial Darkness in the final phase of the fight.

EDIT: I'll put in my own question as well since i'm still learning Luster. I have Fomel down to a tee. I don't use Baran too much and I know Zandi is apparently the go-to for Mobbing. How exactly do you go about mobbing properly with it? Is it literally just using the Enhanced Normal Attack to clump things together and just go to town on PAs, or to dump Gear on the Weapon Action? I'm at the point where any EQ that isn't Primordial Darkness i'll be doing on my Alt and for Viva Las Vegas, i'd rather know how to mob with it properly before I go into it to level on UH.
    Last edited by Renzix; Oct 3, 2020 at 02:31 PM.

I got Liberate GS, Atlas Ex GS (new pot) and Lummigunny, which elements should I give them?

And, do you proc slash ja multibonus if you use slash rise / fall?
    I suggest just getting Ayer for the styles you plan to use. Anecdotal but when I tested my stuff on Masq it's 30 seconds faster than a Liberate

The Lumigny should be poison imo. I don't know how well it works against Loser but I prefer letting Execour go rampage so I can farm counters off of him. As for Primo hands I've given up trying to inflict statuses on it myself, one of the Phantoms will have to do it

I believe nothing you do (normals, quick slashes, slash rise/fall etc.) interrupts JA multi bonus unless you lose the JA circle

I kinda got into the habit of doing flechette > hold jump > ja brand extension > hold jump > ja flechette unless the target is too far away, usually getting close with a move flechette in this case rather than using slug scatter (kinda only using this for mobbing) or even hollow point. Is this a good rotation? What to use for mobbing / bossing?
    Bossing with Fomel and Baran is simply this

Flechette (Move/Stay) > JA Enhanced Combo Brand (Stay) 3 times > refill gear > repeat

Stay Flechette if you're next to the boss, otherwise keep using Move (and maybe Step Slide Advance or Quick Slash) until you've finally caught up with it
    Once you're there, just dump all your gear on Brand Extension
    With successful TAJA and hidden action on all 3 hits, you can get very good damage, crit and 100 or more voltage out of this unga bunga combo

For faraway targets you may wanna use Slug/Hollow instead, but the gist is PA1 > JA Enhanced Combo PA2

The "refill gear" part depends on your encounter and style

Pretty much every non-enhanced action you do gives back gear, but many of them don't do that much damage, like Quick Slash or Slash Rise/Fall that should be avoided unless it's for utility. So you're left with: Step Guard, PAs, normals, Style Purge

Regardless of your style, you should Step Guard at every opportunity because it generates gear like crazy (especially the forward/neutral version which also does better damage). Against a boss that attacks a lot this will keep you at infinite gear. I need to check how much Step Counter gives back. It's a good alternative for when you cannot Step Guard

On Fomel you have the luxury of needing to use just a few PAs as Photon Cluster ticks fill in the rest of your gear. Many Japanese players just spam Stay Flechette 6-7 times, you may also alternate between Flechette and Brand or whatever's appropriate for the situation

On something that isn't Fomel, nah, I found that even with ways to sustain PP it takes way too long to PA your way back to full gear and you won't last more than one or two loops. Your only bet left is using normals, but because normal damage sucks you're mostly aiming for the 4th normal, then fill in the rest with PAs

Style Purge instantly gives you back all gear if it hits, but you lose your style for 10 seconds. If whatever you're hitting is going to leave soon or you can hold off using style features for 10 seconds then this is worth considering. Simply Purge after you're done with the Brand Extensions, then Move Flechette back in

It's worth noting that Luster Time Finish ends the styleless status, so you can do this and get your style back after
    spend gear > Style Purge > spend gear > Luster Time > (spend gear > Style Purge) as many times as needed > Finish

speaking of Purge, this is a potent dick nuke if the conditions allow it: (Luster Time pre-casted 29.9 seconds ago) > Lv.3 Baran Enhanced Shoot > Style Purge > Finish. I was skeptical about Purge at first but taking it has made my gameplay considerably more fun lol

For mobbing just use Move Slug and Hollow. Slug is wide, Hollow is narrow but goes further, if stuff are clumped up enough even Brand Extension will work

Quote Originally Posted by Renzix View Post
    If you don't feel like grabbing a Darkbanisher GS, then I would suggest Liberate for Fire and Atlas Ex for Light personally. All three styles are good but Fomel is definitely ahead of the other two for Bossing, so you want your strongest GS (in this case Liberate) to be either Fire or Dark for Fomel.

Lumigunny, I would also suggest setting it to Fire and also putting a Poison Affix on it.

Since we are going to be getting new floors in Divide Quest with the introduction of Shiva herself being a floor boss, having Lumigunny for Fire will give you a reliable way to stun Grav on floors that you have to fight it. The reason why you want a Poison Affix on the weapon and not many people know this, is because both Burn and Poison do ticks of 10 million damage to Primordial Darkness in the final phase of the fight.

EDIT: I'll put in my own question as well since i'm still learning Luster. I have Fomel down to a tee. I don't use Baran too much and I know Zandi is apparently the go-to for Mobbing. How exactly do you go about mobbing properly with it? Is it literally just using the Enhanced Normal Attack to clump things together and just go to town on PAs, or to dump Gear on the Weapon Action? I'm at the point where any EQ that isn't Primordial Darkness i'll be doing on my Alt and for Viva Las Vegas, i'd rather know how to mob with it properly before I go into it to level on UH.
    a key information on burn/poison though is that the parts' HP is separate from the main HP pool, meaning that they speed up heroine calls but you shouldn't go too hard for those (as in if most of the golden nails of a hand are broken, you should try and do the most damage instead)

Zandi style mobbing is mainly helped by the speed boost on move PAs (better chase with move flechette, faster move arts slug scatter which is your main mobbing PA). weapon action is great as a spawn camp pre-fire or just to deal with very scattered mobs. Enhanced normal attack solo is great to help parties/mpas and also stuns which is great for annoying and mobile mobs (luminmechs comes to mind). ultimately Fomel and Baran can still mob just fine tho, just Zandi has the most utility to deal with various scenarios

I recommend not trying to have both on the same weapon. They're going to keep overwriting each other, and enemies gain resistance to status effects each time they're applied. So you're not really getting the full effect.

The reason why you want a Poison Affix on the weapon and not many people know this, is because both Burn and Poison do ticks of 10 million damage to Primordial Darkness in the final phase of the fight.
    This is only to the rings on its hands, which break pretty fast anyway, the boss itself doesn't take damage from them based on what the S-wiki says. There's not much reason to try and have both anyway, since, based on what I've seen people say when testing it, the proc chance for SEs with it are shared, it's just a 50-50 chance which one procs.

How exactly do you go about mobbing properly with it? Is it literally just using the Enhanced Normal Attack to clump things together and just go to town on PAs?
    Pretty much. Luster is kinda bad at mobbing against stuff that dies fast though. You prefer long range wide area attacks for that rather than sucking enemies into one spot. Something like Etoile is probably better for Viva Las Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Pretty much. Luster is kinda bad at mobbing against stuff that dies fast though. You prefer long range wide area attacks for that rather than sucking enemies into one spot. Something like Etoile is probably better for Viva Las Vegas.
    kinda no need for that, while enhanced attack is whatev here, Zandi weapon action completely destroys the spawns if you use it right. with decent gear, even lv 2 outright kills enemies, and lv 3 covers about 1/3 of the spawn zone on its own. you can easily use normals and move slug to recharge your gear too !

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    kinda no need for that, while enhanced attack is whatev here, Zandi weapon action completely destroys the spawns if you use it right. with decent gear, even lv 2 outright kills enemies, and lv 3 covers about 1/3 of the spawn zone on its own. you can easily use normals and move slug to recharge your gear too !
    If you're talking specifically about the EQ, then the zandi weapon action takes too long to charge. The bonus mobs have really low hp, so most of the damage is wasted in comparison to the charge time. Especially with everyone else killing stuff, likely leaving you without a full group of enemies to hit. Not to mention needing to get your gear back. Maybe it's just because I use an orb wand with an on kill pp recovery SSA, but I can just spam prism circular and luminous flare for the entire thing and cleave through huge chunks of mobs every time.

How much of a DPS loss is it if i'm not able to trigger Quick Shoot VIA PAs? I just hit 95 today and I spent a few hours on the Rockbear dummy trying to trigger it to no avail. Looked up a few videos to use as guides and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't mimic triggering the Enhanced PA that's needed to do so. It really sucks because I've had issues with my health most of my life and my reaction time's always been slow without improvement no matter how much I practiced. Luster's been the most fun i've ever had in-game in the past few years, but i'm unsure about wanting to keep playing it if the window for Quick Shoot is tight enough that i'm not able to react and trigger it off of a PA chain and it ends up tanking my performance as a result.

How much of a DPS loss is it if i'm not able to trigger Quick Shoot VIA PAs? I just hit 95 today and I spent a few hours on the Rockbear dummy trying to trigger it to no avail. Looked up a few videos to use as guides and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't mimic triggering the Enhanced PA that's needed to do so. It really sucks because I've had issues with my health most of my life and my reaction time's always been slow without improvement no matter how much I practiced. Luster's been the most fun i've ever had in-game in the past few years, but i'm unsure about wanting to keep playing it if the window for Quick Shoot is tight enough that i'm not able to react and trigger it off of a PA chain and it ends up tanking my performance as a result.
    The fomel style quick shoot combo after enhance combo is more about pp efficiency than dps, if you don't have pp problems then you don't actually need to bother. That said, if you just mash the PA button after hearing the snap sound when expending gear on enhanced arts it'll still count. You don't need to worry about JA timing since enhance combo always keeps the JA status of the first PA in the combo. The actual timing of the quickshoot itself is pretty generous though.

But just some quick questions:

1. Are you in fomel style? You can only quick shoot out of enhanced combos with fomel style.
    2. You have at least two pips of gear? You can't do an enhanced combo without enough gear to do another full power enhanced PA.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Oct 6, 2020 at 12:23 AM.

Another DPS chart

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EjofvSuVoAcrkQ_?format=png&name=large/img]

https://twitter.com/lyco_pso2/status...97355564027905
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Purge Style removes your ability to use style based skills, etc. for 10s in exchange for a big explosion? Or what is the purpose of Purge Style?
    It also gives you full gear back and the extra attack on it makes the entire normal attack chain comparable to using stay flechette.

The Style Purge explosion is also an extremely huge dps gain when looking solely at that as well.
    Being 1500 dmg at 32 frames (or 2813 dps)

Essentially what you should be doing with style purge is using it after you used your 3 gear bars so you get 3 gear bars back. Then using those and going straight to normal attacks and repeating that.

Because again, the normal attack chain in style purge is comparable to stay flechette dps.