Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dimate View Post
    Also I can't help but find all meta conclusions so far questionable. Feng Banther didn't consider Fomel's Phrase Decay advantage in solo play, and contrary to the information in the first post I've seen Zandi consistently taking more time to finish fights than the other two
    So do I, but since I'm no good with number stuff, and I'm not even sure I'm using zandi style properly, I don't feel like I have any valuable input. It REALLY feels like the worst for one on one bossing though. If anyone knows how you're supposed to consistently build gear and manage your pp with it against a single target, let me know, because running out of resources and then not having a decent way to build them back up compared to Fomel and Baran is why I rarely use it for bosses.

There's so many factors to consider honestly that it's hard to just plainly say "X style is worse than X style at bossing." A big part of Baran's damage output seems to be tied to how much counter weapon shots you can get out. The more reliably you can procc a counter, the more baran will come out ahead. Baran also has good splash damage to hit multiple enemies, something that is also variable. Take a look at this video for example.

Zandi only needs to dodge an attack every 15s to maintain the chase arrow effect they get, and according to the swiki their move arts PAs are allegedly 15% faster than their non-move arts. Fomul has super armor and increased gauge spending points unconditionally due to their floating photon blades, allowing you to spam more enhanced PAs. Which is the better of the two? I don't know. But not having super armor OR improved defenses makes zandi the hardest style to play imo.

Here's a translated damage spread of the PAs for anyone interested: luster dmg pa.png
    Last edited by Coatl; Sep 22, 2020 at 12:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

I just don't know how to manage gear and PP in Zandi style against a single enemy, it feels like Fomel and Baran have better tools for that. I know the follow up attacks from the dodge buff give pp and gear back, but it doesn't feel as efficient as Fomel's photon cluster, or Baran's normal attack quick shot combo. Against a group of enemies it's amazing because I basically don't run out of pp or gear at all, but if there's only one then it doesn't work as well, and I feel like that's by design.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I just don't know how to manage gear and PP in Zandi style against a single enemy, it feels like Fomel and Baran have better tools for that. I know the follow up attacks from the dodge buff give pp and gear back, but it doesn't feel as efficient as Fomel's photon cluster, or Baran's normal attack quick shot combo. Against a group of enemies it's amazing because I basically don't run out of pp or gear at all, but if there's only one then it doesn't work as well, and I feel like that's by design.
    Zandi is weird for that, I would say it's actually on par with the other two styles for bossing, the issue being it thrives heavily on spammy mobile bosses for PP and gear upkeep (forward/backwards lock-on step are a huge part of Zandi's management overall, the other dodge actions pale in comparison), unlike Fomel and Baran that can just have a field day on on more stationary bosses while still being decent for the more mobile ones. As you've said tho, it does make up for it by being great at mobbing, so I guess it's just a matter of efficiency spread between styles

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Here's a translated damage spread of the PAs for anyone interested: luster dmg pa.png
    this heavily conflicts with feng banther's chart in so many ways... which one is more accurate?

One thing I'd like to see is the dps of the PAs through advanced combo. Because it uses no PP, and Fomel Style can quick shoot out of it, I started practicing it and realized it's pretty good for dumping gear quickly without using pp, but I have no idea if it's actually worth doing for damage.

Luster invincible time in dodging and other action

https://twitter.com/neek_pso2/status...09659919212550
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

I'm curious about Enhanced Combo too. I believe the dps data so far are counting both halves of the animation for Enhanced Arts, but when used from an Enhanced Combo the dps would be way more because the first half is skipped?

Because of that I've been doing 3-gear Enhanced Combo > Normal 1-4 x2 (max gear) > repeat for static targets. The presence of Quick Shoot after Normal 4 doesn't seem to change things much. I also tested Enhanced Combo > 4x different PAs until max gear > repeat on a Rockbear and the damage are roughly the same. Neither of them sound like the right thing to do though...

And I'm really bothered that Luster PAs don't advance the normal combo. If you could do PA1 > PA2 > PA3 > Normal 4 it would've been perfect. I hope they're saving this function for the left ring

Also I'm actually finding Baran the most difficult to get used to. Dodging forward/backward while locked on and stay arts muddling my directional inputs are kinda a pain to get used to. The former has put me into the Sodom fire stage border three times a fight and the latter is awkward when I need to chase mobile enemies. At least on Zandi I can just hold a direction the entire time

Oh and it seems there are no guard frames on Enhanced Arts. I also found there are two different timings for PA guard frames, if you hit it very accurately there's a sound and a ripple effect on your character model, whereas if you mess up you just see the just guard shield. They don't seem to do anything different though?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimate View Post
    And I'm really bothered that Luster PAs don't advance the normal combo. If you could do PA1 > PA2 > PA3 > Normal 4 it would've been perfect. I hope they're saving this function for the left ring
    PAs do advance the normal combo, it's just that the 4th normal ALWAYS comes after 3 normals, regardless of where in the combo loop you start.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Hidden move on LU?
    That is done by pressing/holding normal attack during the enhanced PA portion but before the JA circle. It is also possible to do it after a held slash rise/fall. It's sole purpose is to increase voltage gain as it does not increase frame count, give pp, gear, or do any significant damage (notation value of less than 3). Another Example here: https://streamable.com/t6yqso

Another thing is this thing in regards to baran style. https://streamable.com/f669lv
    This is a perfect guard during PAs and it increases your enhanced PA portion's damage by 5%. And the shield things for baran style also increases the normal attack waves damage by 5%.

As an aside, I still feel like my dps chart is easier to read. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
    An enhanced PA is just the first part + the second. And an enhanced combo is just the first part + the second + another second.
    Last edited by Reilet; Sep 24, 2020 at 04:28 PM.