Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Other than some consistency problems here and there, I think the biggest problem with the official translation is the missing flavor text in weapons descriptions (seems like the NA version replaced those with the same generic text for all weapons of the same type) and the flavor text in client orders windows (which are empty).
    While with the fan patch doesn't have all of those translated as well, at least some of them are.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Not sure why you think this is funny, but that's how the class is actually spelled in Japanese. You can question a lot of the translations of the katakana-based words that were already based on English words, but Techter is actually one of the translations that was essentially accurate to the original pronunciation.

I get that people are used to the patch translations because they've been using them for years, so it honestly doesn't even matter what they did for the western release, people were gonna sperg at literally any divergence they made from what you've been using for the past 8 years. Fact of the matter is just because something is in katakana doesn't automatically mean it's direct English counterpart is a good translation. This is a linguistic topic that is not purely objective in nature, so it's up for debate, but given the nature of how Japanese creators use katakana words in entertainment, it is not out-of-ordinary for such uses to sometimes get modified for westernized releases.

So that's why some words were changed even if "the original was an English word anyway".
    I posted for a reason
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Honestly I feel like this might have been translated independently by some team not given enough context.

I deduct this by the fact that in Astarte's quiz, the Gurahl system is called.. "Ghral", along the whole Sato > Chat thing. also the inconsistent capitalization of meseta.. That sort of thing.
    [INSERT SOMETHING WITTY]

And yet neither of them could get last nemesis right.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoko99 View Post
    Honestly I feel like this might have been translated independently by some team not given enough context.

I deduct this by the fact that in Astarte's quiz, the Gurahl system is called.. "Ghral", along the whole Sato > Chat thing. also the inconsistent capitalization of meseta.. That sort of thing.
    To be able to rush the game out as soon as possible, it's very likely that they hired a big localization team, which is alot more likely to result in consistency issues than with a smaller team.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Falspawn = darkers, not gonna like this one
    meanwhile katana PA names ...