Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

the real issue from what I've been hearing from people is high amounts of inconsistency; like say the whole Sato/Chat thing, there are items that say Sato, and items that say Chat! that's pretty messed up to still have a lot of stuff in there like that despite it being officially in "out-of-beta" form. yeah there's a -ton- of text to have done, but on the other hand, this still feels pretty sloppy imo.

I don't mind the changes, I'd just would like to see consistency before I really start picking at the actual decisions. (I'll throw my hat into the "not sure why they felt the need to rename stats and item abilities" pile)
    Last edited by Zorak000; May 5, 2020 at 04:41 PM.

TECHTER
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    the real issue from what I've been hearing from people is high amounts of inconsistency; like say the whole Sato/Chat thing, there are items that say Sato, and items that say Chat! that's pretty messed up to still have a lot of stuff in there like that despite it being officially in "out-of-beta" form. yeah there's a -ton- of text to have done, but on the other hand, this still feels pretty sloppy imo.

I don't mind the changes, I'd just would like to see consistency before I really start picking at the actual decisions. (I'll throw my hat into the "not sure why they felt the need to rename stats and item abilities" pile)
    Excellent summary of the situation.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

SEA translation was even worse

Quote Originally Posted by NightlightPro View Post
    SEA translation was even worse
    So are we suppose to feel better if someone is worse than us?

Quote Originally Posted by HardBoiledPapa View Post
    So are we suppose to feel better if someone is worse than us?
    yes mr Wizard
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzi View Post
    The translation is... Ehhh. It's like they looked at each name and thought "damn we can't use the logical translation because we'll get accused of copying the fan translation". So you end up with obvious mistakes that make it look like a copied homework meme. They go to such lengths to avoid the fan names that they end up with some really dumb decisions, not just in names but in conversation too.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I've always considered their translations to be the anti-patch of our stuff.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    Hey mate.
    #notmyaibo
    PSO2 NGS

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    TECHTER
    Not sure why you think this is funny, but that's how the class is actually spelled in Japanese. You can question a lot of the translations of the katakana-based words that were already based on English words, but Techter is actually one of the translations that was essentially accurate to the original pronunciation.

I get that people are used to the patch translations because they've been using them for years, so it honestly doesn't even matter what they did for the western release, people were gonna sperg at literally any divergence they made from what you've been using for the past 8 years. Fact of the matter is just because something is in katakana doesn't automatically mean it's direct English counterpart is a good translation. This is a linguistic topic that is not purely objective in nature, so it's up for debate, but given the nature of how Japanese creators use katakana words in entertainment, it is not out-of-ordinary for such uses to sometimes get modified for westernized releases.

So that's why some words were changed even if "the original was an English word anyway".
    Last edited by Zipzo; May 21, 2020 at 02:09 PM.