Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 STATION!+

I'm pretty sure he meant EP4 and EP5 being way too "anime" than it used to. Start of EP6 was nice, until they decided to go down the memory lane route which somehow deteriorate the story, well at least for me. Well again, im not sure if this has anything to do with "too much anime" lol Not gonna lie Margaretta chapter in EP5 was fun.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    I'm pretty sure he meant EP4 and EP5 being way too "anime" than it used to. Start of EP6 was nice, until they decided to go down the memory lane route which somehow deteriorate the story, well at least for me. Well again, im not sure if this has anything to do with "too much anime" lol Not gonna lie Margaretta chapter in EP5 was fun.
    well the memory route was natural follow up after all Arks needed alternative methods to fight her .

but definitely they screw up badly on earth chapter , there was so much potential but they wasted badly reminding the fandom the hate for EP4 , i wonder if sega gave EP4 mastermind a last chance or something (we will never know)

i hope in omega they dont screw up too . actually i see a big oportunity to redeem Lutz saying something like :after you save me from the dragon , i remember everything and boom big freaking conection to the classic saga .

also it will be a plus if Omega Varuna turnout evil remembering he was the villain of the first phantasy star game

Controversial opinion incoming:

Technically the game did not become more "anime" because that doesn't make sense, it just became more cringe.

- EQ announcers were for the most part serious-sounding. Now they sound like Space Tuna. Yes, I know there are some exceptions.
    - Everything related to Xiera in EP4 and a lot of EP5 content. Thankfully she matured throughout EP5 and she's likeable in EP6.
    - First half of EP4 shifted the theme from space scifi/drama to highschool teenage isekai, with "lowest" point the bathroom scenes.
    - Too much goofiness all around. Back in EP1-3 we just had Patty and Tea as comic relief, maybe Claris Claes too. In EP4 and EP5 half of the cast was involved in absurd and silly situations.
    - Unless I have missed the part where it is explained, Phaleg is unreasonably strong, and her agenda is unknown. She's basically a Deus Ex Machina Mary Sue.

But I do have to acknowledge the good parts too.
    - The last quarter of EP4 was good, especially the parts revolving around Mother Cluster and Ardem.
    - Stratos and Kyokuya are great characters. Stratos gets bonus points for wearing armor.
    - The cutscenes in our "head" with the conflicting Dark Falzes are interesting. With the exception of [Double]
    - Shiva and her cockiness. Varuna and his loyalty as a true soldier. Shiva could act less like a Shakespearean drama queen though.
    - EP6 returning to space stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Controversial opinion incoming:

Technically the game did not become more "anime" because that doesn't make sense, it just became more cringe.
    That's an interesting way of looking at it.
    Real controversial opinion incoming: I actually liked the bath scenes as they were something apart from the main story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    highschool teenage isekai
    Ep 4 is not how a "highschool teenage isekai" looks like and you know it. If anything ep 5 was closer to a typical isekai plot. You're just throwing buzzwords around.

But then ep 4 haters show time and time again how little they understand of what actually happens in the episode and instead make shit up inside their heads. I wonder how many of them still think that the episode is about PSO2 characters escaping from the game into the real world, like it's Star Ocean 3 or something.

Also lol accusing Phaleg of being a Mary Sue for being too strong and having a mysterious agenda and then praising Shiva in the same breath.
    Last edited by TehCubey; May 15, 2020 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    i hope in omega they dont screw up too . actually i see a big oportunity to redeem Lutz saying something like :after you save me from the dragon , i remember everything and boom big freaking conection to the classic saga .
    This, and then probably he will grant us his Elsydeon, the sword that is capable to defeat Profound Darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    also it will be a plus if Omega Varuna turnout evil remembering he was the villain of the first phantasy star game
    Varuna La Shiec isn't Rayphard/Leiphard La Shiec though, and Varuna doesn't use rod.
    Last edited by LinkEP; May 26, 2020 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Also lol accusing Phaleg of being a Mary Sue for being too strong and having a mysterious agenda and then praising Shiva in the same breath.
    Exactly fucking this. I personally wasn't fond of episode 4 just because "modern day aesthitic is not what I come to PSO2 for." I was also even less fond of EP5 for the same reason, so while I'll agree with him on "Oh thank god it's back to sci-fantasy instead of just fantasy," and I guess also agree with the latter part of EP4 being a lot better in my view, but the rest is laughable, especially this.

Also I'll agree it didn't become more "anime," because it was always anime tropey as hell, and you kinda had to be okay with that kind of story to enjoy it from the start. But saying it became more cringe and then 7 lines later listing Kyokuya, Mister 3edgy5u lone wolf (but secretly cares) stereotype played straight to 11, as a good character? I cannot believe I just saw that.
    私の愛、私の夢、私の心。

Quote Originally Posted by LinkEP View Post
    Varuna La Shiec isn't Leipard La Shiec though, and Varuna doesn't use rod.
    last time i checked the wiki i didnt saw if Lashiec had a name , probably i didnt pay enought attention

and dark mits so you are reconizing almost every artistic aspect of EP4 was a disaster , hell even in my story video i said up to the pirate darkers arc the team finally put the batteries on .

but i still have these questions in my head ,
    1 what happen behind scenes?
    2 Sakai was forced to accept EP4 proposals?
    3 who is the mastermind of EP4? (which im sure its an executive relative,)
    Last edited by silo1991; May 15, 2020 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Ep 4 is not how a "highschool teenage isekai" looks like and you know it. If anything ep 5 was closer to a typical isekai plot. You're just throwing buzzwords around.

But then ep 4 haters show time and time again how little they understand of what actually happens in the episode and instead make shit up inside their heads. I wonder how many of them still think that the episode is about PSO2 characters escaping from the game into the real world, like it's Star Ocean 3 or something.

I don't think you could understand why majority of foreigner players dislike EP4 and like other EP but still admitting it having flaws, the same way why foreigner players don't understand why you constantly praise EP4's story as if its perfect and yet constantly shit on other EP for having flaws.
    Last edited by Meteor Weapon; May 15, 2020 at 12:57 PM.
    test

Lol no, I completely understand why most non-JP players hate ep 4, I just think their reasoning is dumb. The only one whose reasons I don't get is silo1991, but that's because their posts are so incomprehensible that I gave up on parsing them.

Also I don't think ep 4's story is perfect - I complained plenty of times about its elements, sometimes even on these very forums, it's just that in the end it turned out to be my favorite among all the pso2 episodes. This opinion is against the western fanbase's groupthink (and western fanbases of weeb media often act like their majority opinion is the only valid one, pso2 being no exception here), but that won't stop me from voicing it.