Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 STATION!+

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Lol no, I completely understand why most non-JP players hate ep 4, I just think their reasoning is dumb. The only one whose reasons I don't get is silo1991, but that's because their posts are so incomprehensible that I gave up on parsing them.
    not my fault that phantom aesthetics are so meh for the series standards (except train ghidora and anything related with deus esca) and the lack of an objective that season had

i already talked about how EP5 and 6 payed the price for the broken dishes EP4 left so lets leave it here

shiva is the most boring villain

Quote Originally Posted by sonisei View Post
    shiva is the most boring villain
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! !!!!!!!! jokes aside Sega really dropped the ball, like they didnt really know what to do with her lol
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! !!!!!!!! jokes aside Sega really dropped the ball, like they didnt really know what to do with her lol
    Right. I want to like Shiva a lot because the character has interesting lore but Sega only seems to want to have her excessively flex her power and do nothing else interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    I think they knew what they wanted to do with her; they just didn't know what to do with everyone else, and they also didn't create a lot of henchmen for us to dispose during the episode. At the same time they couldn't have her instantly destroy the universe because that would not look good on our resume. So we are travelling from planet to planet only to find out that nothing works on her. We have no news on what the Council of Six is planning, on what Quna is planning, on what progress Ludmilla has achieved or any other department of Arks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransu View Post
    Right. I want to like Shiva a lot because the character has interesting lore but Sega only seems to want to have her excessively flex her power and do nothing else interesting.
    It's the double-edged knife of trying to create a villain who is extremely overpowered compared to both the player and the entire "universe", but who must lose in the end. If the character was not all-powerful then they won't appear to be that huge of a threat and there will be room left for someone even more powerful to appear as a villain. And if they are all-powerful then they have to act like a James Bond villain of simply talking and flexing without killing their largest threat (ie. us).

I just hope that we won't resort to the power of love and friendship to defeat her.

You can have OP villains in this kind of storytelling, for some classic manga examples look at Dio from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Frieza from DBZ. The problem with Shiva is that:

1. She has no goals other than "destroy everything"
    2. The plot constantly forces confrontations with her
    3. Nothing sticks to her

So we can't have a buildup where we're encountering and fighting her minions while she's busy with her actual goals, or even situations where with great effort we manage to set her back a little (such as if the ep 3 chapter actually managed to seal her, if only for a short while which would explain why she's not doing anything for now). No tension highs and lows, only high as we face her all the time and since we know we won't beat her until the end, then we also know nothing we do will work and it's. So. Fucking. Boring.

tl;dr you can do this kind of villain but you must do it competently, and ep 6 is not that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I think they knew what they wanted to do with her; they just didn't know what to do with everyone else, and they also didn't create a lot of henchmen for us to dispose during the episode. At the same time they couldn't have her instantly destroy the universe because that would not look good on our resume. So we are travelling from planet to planet only to find out that nothing works on her. We have no news on what the Council of Six is planning, on what Quna is planning, on what progress Ludmilla has achieved or any other department of Arks.
    actually now i realize a big missed oportunity for more Shiva hechmens could be a cast with luminmech aesthetics who have a copy of Schelleger memories (just like phoenix in starcraft 2 as a purifier robot)

and yeah i wonder if Arks will have a dedicated cityship to be an AIS shipyard as one of Ludimilla request

If Shiva simply had more henchman based on those we saw within Omega it would have made things 100% more interesting (Schlegger like above, other Photoners, maybe even Elmir). But then again knowing Sega they never know how to handle their side characters. Even the major ones aside from brief appearances or simply comedic relief. The only interesting thing recently has been Stratos, Kyokuya and Lucotte's story.

Here's hoping on the PSO2 Station that Chapter 5 at least looks promising. Maybe it'll redeem itself like Episode 5 did in its final stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by LinkEP View Post
    There are still some interesting gaps about the existence of Phaleg and Ardem: How did Phaleg have longer lifespan? How did Ardem travel through different eras? Maybe someday there will be a chapter or new Phantasy Star game that will explain this. Or perhaps I also missed it?
    Although their origin is not explained, they are clearly the biblical reference, so yeah, whatever happened to Earth, what parts of Mother in Earth crust made life evolve similar to "photoners", they have been there since the beginning, or at least since the first "humans" evolved.

Please let there be an announcement for official 4K graphics support with a UI that can be scaled to 2x or higher!
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!