Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 STATION!+

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Please let there be an announcement for official 4K graphics support with a UI that can be scaled to 2x or higher!
    it's never going to happen until PSO3, get over it already, way too late into the games lifespan to bother at this point.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    it's never going to happen until PSO3, get over it already, way too late into the games lifespan to bother at this point.
    INB4 they just do a graphics upgrade and call it PSO3 Ep1 instead of PSO2 Ep7.

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    Wait, Krill still replies to me even if he knows I blacklisted him years ago? Talk about pathetic -_-

Anyway, otakun, my reasoning behind the 4K support is because the Western version will have it, so there's always a chance that SOJ will implement it in the Japanese version.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    i have no doubts they would do this

Wait, Krill still replies to me even if he knows I blacklisted him years ago? Talk about pathetic -_-

Anyway, otakun, my reasoning behind the 4K support is because the Western version will have it, so there's always a chance that SOJ will implement it in the Japanese version.
    imagine blocking people on the internet and thinking you're the better one, hardy chuckle from me

the only reason the importer even wants this is because he got some upgrades to his pc awhile back and whined about how it doesn't support 4k etc so he's still upset they haven't pushed PSO2 into 4k yet but again, he really thinks they're going to do this with how small the Dev team is right now and how little time there's left in PSO2s lifespan
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; May 18, 2020 at 05:45 PM.
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Technically PSO2 does support 4K, it's just the UI that doesn't scale with resolutions above 1080p.
    The XBox One X version does have options to scale the UI up to 4K, so it's not completely impossible that they could update the JP PC version's UI to scale above 1080p one day, though it is unlikely.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; May 18, 2020 at 06:16 PM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Technically PSO2 does support 4K, it's just the UI that doesn't scale with resolutions above 1080p.
    The XBox One X version does have options to scale the UI up to 4K, so it's not completely impossible that they could update the JP PC version's UI to scale above 1080p, though it is unlikely.
    i should have said the UI initially what he was mad at, not the 4k resolution stuff because now that you bring it up I remember how he complained about the small UI on his monitor or w/e back then

Also sorta forget the Xbox version exists now even though SoA did most of the work and could easily throw it to JP side (but i mean why would they), it doesn't look like it would be very much effort for SoJ since they still benefit off the work they did anyways
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; May 18, 2020 at 06:20 PM.
    PSO2 NGS

i should have said the UI initially what he was mad at, not the 4k resolution stuff because now that you bring it up I remember how he complained about the small UI on his monitor or w/e back then

Also sorta forget the Xbox version exists now even though SoA did most of the work and could easily throw it to JP side (but i mean why would they), it doesn't look like it would be very much effort for SoJ since they still benefit off the work they did anyways
    Yeah.
    Though, I wouldn't be surprised if the JP PC version never officially gets 4K support for the UI anyway (depending on how many years of support PSO2 will still receive), with how niche 4K is even in the west for gaming, I guess there's probably close to no demand for it in Japan?
    (Unless the large update later this year turns out to be something that will extend PSO2's life for many years).

Yeah.
    Though, I wouldn't be surprised if the JP PC version never officially gets 4K support for the UI anyway (depending on how many years of support PSO2 will still receive), with how niche 4K is even in the west for gaming, I guess there's probably close to no demand for it in Japan?
    (Unless the large update later this year turns out to be something that will extend PSO2's life for many years).
    Really depends on your definition of support.

If you mean "new content", I'm guessing it will probably be close to the 10 year commitment they initially stated if only because, where else can you take the game? We're already fighting in space on spaceship decks (with no spacesuits I might add) and before that, we went medieval. To quote the great Yahtzee Croshaw "I mean, once you’ve gone into space everything after that feels like a step backward...".

That being said, if by support you mean allowing the game to remain online as long as people are willing to buy the occasional AC once in a while, then I wouldn't be surprised if the game stayed for another 5 years after the last new weapon is being added. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the comprise would be mandatory premium in exchange for keeping the servers alive.

Both PSO and PSU had very limited content compared to what PSO2 brings to the table. I'm sure new Japanese players will want to dive into the greatest online game that this country has ever seen in a few years and official 4K support to go along with whatever monitors they by then might be a welcomed addition. This game is unprecedented for Japan, no online game has ever been as successful as PSO2, the closest western comparison would be WoW and that one is still going after 16 years.

Anyway, guess time will tell, but we are getting a huge update, so a new graphical pack would be nice.
    Last edited by the_importer_; May 18, 2020 at 08:14 PM.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Yeah.
    can only hope "big update" is actually big, not just a bunch of QoL/added things we should have had years ago (like the unit affix transfers) and 1-3 quests, reskinned gear etc, good stuff but I can't expect that with a small team maintaining the game right now.

either way, i got my new pet, now I wait for 15* rarity upgrades and hoping the new Class has 2 other weapons I would like for it to have
    PSO2 NGS

can only hope "big update" is actually big, not just a bunch of QoL/added things we should have had years ago (like the unit affix transfers) and 1-3 quests, reskinned gear etc, good stuff but I can't expect that with a small team maintaining the game right now.
    With support for the Vita version ending, it's possible that it could be an update that would either add new stuff or bring big enough changes that wouldn't be possible on the Vita, or it could be something disappointing like PSU's supplemental update (which added mostly QoL changes, added areas from the portable games but without any new enemies, and increased the number of different types of enemies per area block from 3 to 4...).

The PSO2 development team split a few years ago, right? If so, there's a small chance the part of the team that split hasn't been working on a new game, but on this update?

Ah well, whatever it ends up being, we probably won't see footage from it until the anniversary's event last broadcast.