Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Suspension of FUN Scratch

http://pso2.jp/players/news/26114/

Due to the influence of the new coronavirus, certain content updates cannot be implemented. The FUN Scratch will be temporarily suspended after the scheduled maintenance on May 13, 2020 until the scheduled maintenance on June 10, 2020.

So no way to get myshop passes without wasting premium on this dead month? Brilliant.

I wonder why they don't just extend the last scratch, unless it was seasonal.

Even if the last one was seasonal, why don't they just revive an old, generic one?
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

just wanna throw my 2 cents in for the idiot whos going to go posting around that this is some setup for Freemium players to go spend actual money on Premium, just don't post anything, thanks

theres also not a lot going on in this game either, take a break from pso2 and work on your backlogs or something
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

%&(^( this is a conspirancy for fremiums to buy premium , ok lets be serious , its a shame , well lets hope the accesories i have in my shops end up selling

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    just wanna throw my 2 cents in for the idiot whos going to go posting around that this is some setup for Freemium players to go spend actual money on Premium, just don't post anything, thanks

theres also not a lot going on in this game either, take a break from pso2 and work on your backlogs or something
    Yeah no, that's not how it works. Neither argumentation nor business.
    Sega had to make an actual effort to remove the FUN scratch and they get nothing out of it other than freemium losing access to myshop passes and some other far less important stuff.

Sega knows very well extending the previous FUN scratch (which probably would have taken like 2 clicks if any input was needed at all) would have no discernible impact on the game but they went and made a huge impact by removing it instead.

As you can see here, the last FUN scratch was irrelevant stuff no one really cares about aside from the staples like 3 day shop passes. There is literally no reason for Sega to remove it other than causing people to lose their only source of unpaid access to the shop.
    Last edited by mother clusterfck; May 13, 2020 at 11:52 PM.

Is this the correct thread to flex for the 15 My Shop passes that I have leftover?

If they wanted to force Freemium to go Premium to be able to sell stuff, they'd simply remove the My Shop pass from the drop table of FUN scratch, they wouldn't go "delete the whole feature isntead of 1 entry in it".

The items in the FUN shop may be common junk for most players, but you have to acknowledge that even those have been precalculated based on intended scarsities by the developers. My guess is that, due to coronavirus, the department that creates the report for what items should be available for the FUN shop (which I expect to be the same department that decides all shop listings) did not work on it since it's a lower priority issue compared to the other shop listings, and they were stressed for time due to not being able to go to the office to work but instead had to work from distance.

I cannot find the table that lists the droprates at the moment, but based on personal experience, My Shop pass has a chance of about 0.33% to drop. So on average a player has to spend 30000 FUN points to get a pass (assuming the chance is accurate), which is equivalent to 30 Excubes. Sega could add the Shop pass on the Excube shop, or the Photon shop, or even the FUN shop for such amount, but with the easiness of acquiring the above currencies this would mean infinite supply. The irony is that we already have infinite supply by simply going the current long route of 10* weapon -> excube -> FUN points -> scratch -> ??? -> profit, but it's the whole procedure and boredom of clicking the FUN scratch till the pass drops that keeps many of us from doing it.

I wouldn't mind having My Shop as a limited item through one of the shops even if at significantly higher cost; for example 1 shop per month available for 100k FUN points.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Yeah no, that's not how it works. Neither argumentation nor business.

MUH 3 DAY SHOP PASSES, YOU'RE TELLING ME I HAVE TO HOLD ON TO STUFF FOR ONE WHOLE MONTH BECAUSE SEGA DUN DID THE FUN SCRATCH ON US FREEMIUM PLAYERS???????????? REEEEEE

in all honesty, they could have easily extended the current FUN scratch or threw in more trash they always recycled to be filler
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

While I don't really understand why the FUN scratch has to be postponed, I also don't care since I don't play the FUN scratch anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    But I wanted to post it
    Anyway I'm going to post this: Wait does this mean NA PC is pushed back or is this japanese stuff? and its comming to switch?