Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Probably before my time and I started back in April 2014. Also, why the hell do you reply
    I can only think of two things this is referring to, the DDoS or one of the early waves of bans for cheating. I know there are still people who think that the DDoS resulted in a deliberate IP block, so I wouldn't be surprised if some also thought it was an IP ban, or they were banned for "suspicious log-in activity" from using proxies that were giving vastly different IP addresses.
    Last edited by Anduril; May 20, 2020 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    I can only think of two things this is referring to, the DDoS or one of the early waves of bans for cheating. I know there are still people who think that the DDoS resulted in a deliberate IP block, so I wouldn't be surprised if some also thought it was an IP ban, or they were banned for "suspicious log-in activity" from using proxies that were giving vastly different IP addresses.
    Oh yes, the great DDoS, forgot about that. Ya, I think that would explain their thinking.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

wow replies XD yes it was during the ddos thing happening i never used proxies or anything but my account was blocked from logging in when it was going on and that account has never been able to log in since
    JP Ship 2 Player ID BISHIBASH -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurorra View Post
    How does the NA version deal with the things that PSO2es supplies in Japan? Soul Receptors/Factor Receptors, etc.
    they're apparently available in the exchange shop or droppable, I can't seem to find the source that confirms atm
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    they're apparently available in the exchange shop or droppable, I can't seem to find the source that confirms atm
    Only thing from PSO2es (idk about weapons) in an exchange shop atm are weaponoid boosters. Soul receptors and Factor receptors do not exist in NA "yet".

There were 3 huge ban waves I can think of on the JP servers.

The first ban wave was September 2012 about a month after launch due to an exploit in the old lobby where you could spam skills and get out of the map. It was pretty neat because it was the one time you could actually run into the GM accounts in the lobby. Anyone caught using the exploit got perma banned (including my alt I tried it on for fun).

The next was the huge actual IP ban wave in June 2014 due to the ddos attack the servers got hit with. 2ch went wild with conspiracy theories at the time and blamed China, I dunno if it was ever confirmed but the SEA players were blamed in the end for the great exodus of foreigners.

2015-2016 had on-off IP ban waves, sometimes you could get on others you had to use a proxy. I never personally had an issue during this time but I know a few Americans and one Australian who got hit. Especially in 2015 there used to be a tool that told you if dirty foreigners were blocked that day.

Then they stopped caring because episode 5 was just that bad they needed players.

Edit: I just saw the AC scratch rates lmao rip pole dancing LA.
    Last edited by Kazzi; May 21, 2020 at 06:45 PM.

I remember this popping up a few days ago on one of my Twitter accounts, as it did spark some interest.
    I remember E3 last year, and how my girlfriend reacted when Microsoft announced a PC version.

Since that time, I tried getting back into JP PSO2, even though most of my friends from then have all but disappeared from the game. I believe when I had tried to sign in a year or so ago, they changed their 2FA... and I apparently missed the window.

So as far as I know, I had lost all access to PSO2JP, PSO2es, the whole she-bang.

As for PSO2 NA... will I try it? Probably, if only for nostalgia's sake.
    But for how long, it's really anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisshoku View Post
    I remember this popping up a few days ago on one of my Twitter accounts, as it did spark some interest.
    I remember E3 last year, and how my girlfriend reacted when Microsoft announced a PC version.

Since that time, I tried getting back into JP PSO2, even though most of my friends from then have all but disappeared from the game. I believe when I had tried to sign in a year or so ago, they changed their 2FA... and I apparently missed the window.

So as far as I know, I had lost all access to PSO2JP, PSO2es, the whole she-bang.

As for PSO2 NA... will I try it? Probably, if only for nostalgia's sake.
    But for how long, it's really anyone's guess.
    2FA? if you weren't banned, you can still play. they dont delete your save files. worth trying to get into the game again if you want to, NA is so behind in content right now i'm waiting for it to somewhat catch to bother with it
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    2FA? if you weren't banned, you can still play. they dont delete your save files. worth trying to get into the game again if you want to, NA is so behind in content right now i'm waiting for it to somewhat catch to bother with it
    How exactly would I go by that?
    I'm still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisshoku View Post
    How exactly would I go by that?
    well have you tried to login recently? if so, what is the window prompting you to do? (or what is it saying), if it's in JP, maybe post a screenshot of the error/notification message and we can go from there. It might want to you to re-authenticate your account with a code via e-mail
    PSO2 NGS