Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

GameGuard doesn't run on Windows 10 2004.

I think the fact that you need XBOX Live to play the PC version will be the biggest drawback to PC players since:

a) Japanese players don't need to pay for this
    b) It won't bring any extra to the table (cheaper premium, cheaper AC, better drops, etc.)
    c) PC gamers are not use to pay monthly fees to play online nowadays unless you're talking WoW
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Glad to see it finally releasing on PC in the west. Difficult for me to justify dropping thousands of hours on JP servers to be honest, but I may check it out at some point anyway out of curiosity.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by Maulcun View Post
    GameGuard doesn't run on Windows 10 2004.
    Windows 10 2004 isn't officially out yet. The same thing happened with other Windows 10 updates, GameGuard got updated to support the Windows 10 updates once they came out.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    I think the fact that you need XBOX Live to play the PC version will be the biggest drawback to PC players since:

a) Japanese players don't need to pay for this
    b) It won't bring any extra to the table (cheaper premium, cheaper AC, better drops, etc.)
    c) PC gamers are not use to pay monthly fees to play online nowadays unless you're talking WoW
    Online XBox Live games on PC/MS Store don't require the gold subscription.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Windows 10 2004 isn't officially out yet. The same thing happened with other Windows 10 updates, GameGuard got updated to support the Windows 10 updates once they came out.

Online XBox Live games on PC/MS Store don't require the gold subscription.
    Could have sworn I read that XBL is required for PC as well.
    Spoiler!

I've been playing since the first alpha test and I can count on my one hand how many people plan to move over. Most just plan on poking around. Those are dedicated to move are those who can't hit any of the EQs because of work, or can't gear up like they want to because of the economy. Or they just hate the cesspool of block 1.

I plan on poking around but the EQ schedule is actually worse on NA for me.

Could have sworn I read that XBL is required for PC as well.
    An XBox Live account is indeed required, you're confusing with XBox Live Gold (the subscription for online play on console) which is not used on PC.

An XBox Live account is indeed required, you're confusing with XBox Live Gold (the subscription for online play on console) which is not used on PC.
    Wait, so MS hosts the same game servers for PC and XBOX, but only charge fees on XBOX? Why isn't there an angry mob of gamers with torches and pitchforks in front of Microsoft HQ?
    Spoiler!

Wait, so MS hosts the same game servers for PC and XBOX, but only charge fees on XBOX? Why isn't there an angry mob of gamers with torches and pitchforks in front of Microsoft HQ?
    Microsoft did try to introduce the fee on PC back with Games for Windows Live more than 10 years ago, it failed completely.

But yeah, every XBox game that has online multiplayer that has been brought to PC doesn't have the gold fee.

Microsoft did try to introduce the fee on PC back with Games for Windows Live more than 10 years ago, it failed completely.

But yeah, every XBox game that has online multiplayer that has been brought to PC doesn't have the gold fee.
    They should just as well call it a console tax. Considering it's an American company, I'm surprised there hasn't been a class action lawsuit from XBOX gamers regarding this.
    Spoiler!