Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I am curious if we will get a humanoid form of Profound Darkness similar to PSIV since they say there will be a new raid quest and raid boss. Might be looking too much into it but I am wondering if this is like Elder/Loser where we have to fight this thing a certain amount of times to get to the "real form" or something.

I do like the whole platform thing with it. It looks fun.

Also I am looking forward to Persona's fight because I always did enjoy that EQ and seeing him don the Masquerade mask and get his sword from that fight for a new phase looks fun. I do wonder if its just the unit upgrade or if Lightstream weapons are getting a change too with this.
    『Founder of the Church of Bah-Rehst』

Just realized that there was no mention of the final Lv cap in today's PSO2 Station. Guess we're not hitting Lv100 until at least next year 😩
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

I'm just hoping the LQ's don't have super garbage drop rates for SSA's to the point where I'm suffering in trigger runs all day, I don't want to do the Space Magatsu dance all over again.

Million series look great, rumor going around is that they support S1-5 but just slightly stronger than LS in base dmg. Sounds good on paper but as we know with all event weapon releases, they're power creeped pretty quick. However they'll definitely be the new go-to for new players assuming the pot isn't super conditional. Either way, they'll be good side upgrades

Absolutely excited for Persona UH, disappointed no solo Trigger was announced with it (assuming it's coming with the big update), hopefully I can upgrade my LS units out the door since I'm not using any 13*s still but no intention on making these my main until Shiva raid units are revealed.

Shiva raid looks really really good, hoping theres more than just that one phase they showed

ADVANCED PET, this is either going to be Viola, Rappy or Synchro. Knowing Sega it'll be Viola and it won't be a very good upgrade...maybic. Most importantly though, wheres my 15* eggs??? I want my pets to stop being made of paper Sega, please thanks

Outside that, going to have to wait for the new class until Sept, I need more info already!
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

First of all, lmao at one of the guys streaming from basically a walk in closet.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Just realized that there was no mention of the final Lv cap in today's PSO2 Station. Guess we're not hitting Lv100 until at least next year 😩
    We have a bit more till then, lets hope at least it'll be somewhere in fall. I'm already getting bored by e.g. UH explorations because everything melts like snow in an oven.

TBH like a number of other things this is made worse by the vast majority of the game still being 12 people content so enemies are almost never balanced because Sega doesn't dynamically adjust stats.

This is would be incredibly easy and low effort if you just slap on a new routine that kicks in whenever player count changes and which e.g. starts at 70% for solo and adds 10% for each other player / reduces 10% for each player that left like 12 people and 1 leaves, 180% - 10% (would be 100% for 4 players) .
    This way we can have mobs and bosses that don't disintegrate in under 5 seconds in a full mpa but also don't feel like a chore to fight solo.
    If they feel generous, add 5% exp / rdr per player so people don't get annoyed when others join, would max at 55% like another daily triboost and no big change.

Then maybe we can continue to enjoy both new and old content without being at the mercy of finding an at least half full mpa.

That aside, I like Maggy's new layered, it's SG scratch or?
    And those anime mouths, nice idea but looks super dumb because they are totally 2D and don't look like anything but some image stuck to the characters' faces.

And true PD looks very cool, reminding me of FF Sin a bit for some reason. The fight also looks cool but based on previous boss fights I expect that getting to the right platform on time to do damage will be annoying af and often you arrive just to hit with 1 pa before the attack window ends, probably also some minor attacks like e.g. Luther mini ground whirlwinds that can knock you down during that phase to waste even more time.

Overall though, the sense of scale makes it really cool but visually it doesn't look nearly as cool as normal PD's final form, that form is already cool enough for the final PSO2 boss but this overall looks like a downgrade in terms of visuals, basically just being bigger makes it feel more impressive but without the size it would feel a lot less epic than normal PD's final form. Also that big black and white stream attack reminds me of FFX again because it feels like PS2 style simple fx, it looks pretty cool but not nearly as cool as current PD's energy attacks.

This massive aoe supermove that with screen distortion fx looks really cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Overall though, the sense of scale makes it really cool but visually it doesn't look nearly as cool as normal PD's final form, that form is already cool enough for the final PSO2 boss but this overall looks like a downgrade in terms of visuals, basically just being bigger makes it feel more impressive but without the size it would feel a lot less epic than normal PD's final form. Also that big black and white stream attack reminds me of FFX again because it feels like PS2 style simple fx, it looks pretty cool but not nearly as cool as current PD's energy attacks.

This massive aoe supermove that with screen distortion fx looks really cool though.
    I'm pretty sure they went for this on purpose. Boss is ugly and looks unstable, like a mass of power amassed in an haphazardly way, and yet is already something to be feared. This is definitely more like a rough draft of what PD will be as story comes closer to its conclusion (I still also am a firm believer that "not EP7" is not PSO3 and whatnot but a special final chapter in some way or another, as companies generally don't abruptly transition to a new game like that) I really think it's not looking like a final boss because it's not meant to be a final boss but time will tell I guess
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jun 24, 2020 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    (I still also am a firm believer that "not EP7" is not PSO3 and whatnot but a special final chapter in some way or another, as companies generally don't abruptly transition to a new game like that) I really think it's not looking like a final boss because it's not meant to be a final boss but time will tell I guess
    It's possible that what they're showing it's just a phase of multiple.

About not Ep7, I think it could either be the end of the story and no more story from now on (just non-story updates from now on), or it could be the start of a new part of the PSO2 story, the end of photoners/profound darkness related story and the start of something completely new?
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    It's possible that what they're showing it's just a phase of multiple.

About not Ep7, I think it could either be the end of the story and no more story from now on (just non-story updates from now on), or it could be the start of a new part of the PSO2 story, the end of photoners/profound darkness related story and the start of something completely new?
    I think it's either a non-story expansion or a spin-off one, but then again, EP4 was mostly a spin-off and they released it the way they did...

I wouldn't mind if we had no story for a while as the real meat of this game is the gameplay content. Hopefully, they'll release another offline game on modern platforms.

I think they'll just finish Ultralizing the remaining EQ (Omega Persona, Magatsu, Yamato), perhaps making the remaining XH and UH Free Fields, keep rotating EQ & Scratch Tickets while doing the yearly stuff (holiday quests, anniversary quests, etc..) until it becomes unprofitable to keep the servers running.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

I think the raid boss looks pretty cool, gives me Resident Evil vibes with all the eyes.