Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Lightbulb General Class Tree Build Discussion [JP/NA]

I've been feeling rather helpful lately, not sure why, but I've been wanting to make this thread for awhile now. For the sake of ease of access and to sort of prevent people from digging through pages on pages from the class discussion threads (time consuming) for a some what up-to-date class build. Figured I'd help even if this isn't much.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE READ

1. Keep any in depth discussions about classes in their respective threads (I linked the discussions next to each class name), questions are fine if it's about any of the Class Skills (how they work, etc) or questions about the builds in general.

2. Class builds are subjective and they always will be for people, casual or hardcore.

3. These builds are subject to change over time.

4. These are Meta class builds

5. I will not be posting meme class builds for people to use (i.e. Hu/Fo, Bo/Gu, etc)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunter Class Discussion
    Spoiler!

Ranger Class Discussion
    Spoiler!

Force Class Discussion
    Spoiler!

Fighter Class Discussion
    Spoiler!

Gunner Class Discussion
    Spoiler!

Techer Class Discussion
    Spoiler!

Braver Class Discussion
    Spoiler!

Bouncer Class Discussion
    Spoiler!

Summoner Class Discussion
    Spoiler!

Hero Class Discussion
    Spoiler!

Phantom Class Discussion
    Spoiler!

Etoile Class Discussion
    Spoiler!

Luster Class Discussion
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Dec 1, 2020 at 09:43 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

> Tech Charge JA Addition learned on Te skill tree in a Te/Ph build
    > Dex Mag on Te/Hu build
    > No Deband cut on any of the Skill Trees
    > No Fi/Et Build
    > No Te/Fi Build
    > No Te/Et Build
    > No Br/Et Build

Also if you want Class discussion to be in specific threads you could uh.. link to them?

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    > Dex Mag on Te/Hu build
    > No Fi/Et Build
    > No Te/Fi Build
    > No Te/Et Build
    > No Br/Et Build

Also if you want Class discussion to be in specific threads you could uh.. link to them?
    I was going over and editing the thread when my internet died and still is dead so im not going to updste the post until its back up. Im adding meta classes and if you read the post i was going to add niche builds later (te/fi), Fi/Et still loses to Fi/Hu. I havent gotten a chance to double check the tree builds either which is why i clearly labeled that the thread was still a work in progress

Ya i suppose i can link each class discussion under each class tab.but as a repeat, read what i said already
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    I was going over and editing the thread when my internet died and still is dead so im not going to updste the post until its back up. Im adding meta classes and if you read the post i was going to add niche builds later (te/fi), Fi/Et still loses to Fi/Hu. I havent gotten a chance to double check the tree builds either which is why i clearly labeled that the thread was still a work in progress

Ya i suppose i can link each class discussion under each class tab.but as a repeat, read what i said already
    What does Fi/Et losing to Fi/Hu have to do with anything. It's a perfectly viable class combo and there is no reason to exclude it from this thread.

Also upon further inspection that Bouncer Tree is also big oof. It really looks like you're making skill tree's for classes you're not playing / aren't considering Rings, Weapon Potentials & SSA when building these trees.
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; Jun 2, 2020 at 09:51 AM.

What does Fi/Et losing to Fi/Hu have to do with anything. It's a perfectly viable class combo and there is no reason to exclude it from this thread.

Also upon further inspection that Bouncer Tree is also big oof. It really looks like you're making skill tree's for classes you're not playing / aren't considering Rings, Weapon Potentials & SSA when building these trees.
    Fi/Et is "viable" for sure sure but only on certain content, overall it barely does any better (roughly 3-4% better) than Fi/Hu who in majority of content works way better and why Pro Fi players choose it over Fi/Et.

Did you not read any of the disclaimers I put up? hence why certain trees are the way they are. You also wouldn't specifically build trees around gear like that (i.e. you're maining Stil weapons, why would you deliberately make a build around it?) and again, I was still going through the post, all the edits I was in the middle of basically got cut off for me and now that my internet is back up, I can continue going over things again.

I'll add Br/Et to the niche tab when i make it, after seeing Milandruil talk about it over Br/Hu & Br/Ph, it's barely worth mentioning

-Haven't gotten a chance to go over all the builds yet and check for mistakes like this

> Dex Mag on Te/Hu build
    -Haven't gotten a chance to go over all the builds yet and check for mistakes like this

-Obviously didn't read when I said Tree's would be flexible, all these years and Deband Cut is still barely noticeable but I'm not saying to not grab it either. Simply optional

> No Fi/Et Build
    Discussed above

> No Te/Fi Build
    Adding later

> No Te/Et Build
    adding to niche tab

> No Br/Et Build
    Discussed above

stated this twice

> No Fi/Et Build
    will add later

> No Br/Et Build
    not worth using over Br/Hu-Br/Ph
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jun 2, 2020 at 11:08 AM.
    PSO2 NGS

br/et is meant to be a bow build, so it should be included

general br tree should still be hybrid for both weps with all of the SP reductions, even on NA. https://bit.ly/2AB2TU8

deband cut is 15% damage reduction; there's no reason not to take it in UH.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    br/et is meant to be a bow build, so it should be included

general br tree should still be hybrid for both weps with all of the SP reductions, even on NA. https://bit.ly/2AB2TU8

deband cut is 15% damage reduction; there's no reason not to take it in UH.
    is it really? so does it mean its better over Br/Ra now a days then? I wasn't sure about Bow builds so I didn't add one yet. I didn't fill the Bow portion on my tree builds because last I remember Hu & Ph subs didn't use bow much or at all and stuck to primarily Katana. I'll add Br/Et Bow build then once I get to that part of post. ty

Deband Cut, I still grabbed it with my current build but it was left open as an option to do or not but I'll just add it anyways then for UH sake
    PSO2 NGS

>Fi/Et is "viable" for sure sure but only on certain content, overall it barely does any better (roughly 3-4% better) than Fi/Hu who in majority of content works way better and why Pro Fi players choose it over Fi/Et.

So by this description you just gave it's a Niche build. Why not include it when you include other niche builds? And that ignoring the fact that from what I've seen that isn't even true.

>Did you not read any of the disclaimers I put up? hence why certain trees are the way they are.

Most of those skill tree's are missing core skills for no reasons tho. You're not providing any context why that is or what people should do with the remaining points. These trees are only useful to people who don't need them. On Fo/Et you only level up Lightning mastery. I guess only 1 compound is good enough. Meanwhile Fo/Ph has Flame TS Charge maxed even tho Fire is so underpowered that people only level up Flame for compound damage. Rod Shoot at 3 even tho most people will just use Genon Talis for recovery. If this is a Work in Progress why bother publishing it. Keep it as a draft.

> You also wouldn't specifically build trees around gear like that

When R/Crit Strike is pretty much BiS, has been BiS pretty much for 3 years and makes you overshoot crit chance because you spent too much SP in crit then yes it kinda does impact your skill tree otherwise you're wasting points which you could put on survivability like Craft Mastery or the Escape skills.

>> No Te/Et Build
    >adding to niche tab

Te/Et is as viable as Te/Ph tho. Have you even talked to any Te main before doing this?
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; Jun 2, 2020 at 12:16 PM.

>Fi/Et is "viable" for sure sure but only on certain content, overall it barely does any better (roughly 3-4% better) than Fi/Hu who in majority of content works way better and why Pro Fi players choose it over Fi/Et.

So by this description you just gave it's a Niche build. Why not include it when you include other niche builds? And that ignoring the fact that from what I've seen that isn't even true.
    I already posted about Fi/Et, it's going to be added into the Fi tab but it again, is only good in specific content

>Did you not read any of the disclaimers I put up? hence why certain trees are the way they are.
    Most of those skill tree's are missing core skills for no reasons tho. You're not providing any context why that is or what people should do with the remaining points. These trees are only useful to people who don't need them. On Fo/Et you only level up Lightning mastery. I guess only 1 compound is good enough. Meanwhile Fo/Ph has Flame TS Charge maxed even tho Fire is so underpowered that people only level up Flame for compound damage. Rod Shoot at 3 even tho most people will just use Genon Talis for recovery. If this is a Work in Progress why bother publishing it. Keep it as a draft.
    -again, I am in the process of going over the tree's
    -I already said that I'm not super savvy with all classes I don't play anymore and going off memory (which is why I'm fine with the corrections but stop coming off like I'm deliberately trying to mis-lead people).
    -I don't get what part of "flexible" you're not understanding, if leaving extra SP out is a problem, I'll gladly fill them in elsewhere so you have nothing to keep whining about when it comes to the extra SP, it's there for people choose with whats leftover after grabbing mandatory skills.
    -I'm not familiar with Fo/Et yet aside it being a Gi Zonde spamming class so essentially ya, thats why it's the only Element maxed, which the build can be fixed
    -Then remove the points out of Flame TS Charge
    -Rod Shoot 3 is there because people tend to max this out for no reason, obviously Genon exists. If you have Genon, then ignore Rod Shoot (which is already written on my edited post I'm still working on)
    -Why does it matter if I post this now or not and make corrections? If people want to question the builds thats fine but in no way can you just look at these builds and decide on doing you're own thing if you don't care about the ones I'm posting

When R/Crit Strike is pretty much BiS, has been BiS pretty much for 3 years and makes you overshoot crit chance because you spent too much SP in crit then yes it kinda does impact your skill tree otherwise you're wasting points which you could put on survivability like Craft Mastery or the Escape skills.
    i don't remember what BiS was, refresh my memory

I don't know anyone investing into Craft Mastery compared to current power creep gear and upcoming, it's a near useless skill that I'm not adding unless Sega decides to buff crafting again.

-I am aware of whats his name (something Tensei, I'm blanking it out) and his Bo build, I might as well just post his build when I find it so I know that he's a pretty good Bo player

I also worded about building around gear wrong solely because I'm not looking into a wall o text as to why, just gave you a short answer

>> No Te/Et Build
    >adding to niche tab

Te/Et is as viable as Te/Ph tho. Have you even talked to any Te main before doing this?
    I said what I said because I was thinking of Damage Balancers Hp reduction from anything but Mates (I think) I'll add it to the Te tab

Now let me actually finish updating the post before I get more people like you (while not exactly an issue) ripping into the OP with none of the changes I've done so far shown there
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jun 2, 2020 at 12:40 PM.
    PSO2 NGS

i don't remember what BiS was, refresh my memory
    Best in Slot

I don't know anyone investing into Craft Mastery compared to current power creep gear and upcoming, it's a near useless skill that I'm not adding unless Sega decides to buff crafting again.
    You pick Craft mastery because it boost your units. Timed abilities proc it too. Goes a long way on Bo/not-Hu