Thread: Affixing

Default Affixing

Hello, so I am still getting used to the enhancing in the game. I have a few questions:

If I want to put a soul on a unit, lets say a snow soul I have to have 2 units that have it on there? For some reason when I pick the unit to be sacrificed the attributes of it do not always show up as options to affix. Do I just need 2 or more of the same attribute for it to show up?

Can there be say a snow soul 2 or snow soul 3?

Does putting more units with the same desired attribute increase its chances of success? like 3 units with might 3?

Can we put the "mark" ones on units? Like mark anger etc.? Those seem really good.

What would be the best combination for a back unit armor piece for a melee bouncer/hunter? I was thinking might 3, snow soul and maybe toughness?

Thanks!

Yes, for some affixes you need multiple copies of them to be able to transfer them. In the case of Souls, you need 2 just to get it to be transferable, and you get a slight increase in success with 3 of them. Souls are single level, but there are some Souls that can be used to make new Souls.

Having multiples does increase transfer chance, but only with up to 3 copies, in general.

Mark affixes cannot be created and can only be transfered with Mark Receptor, which is only available as a limited item in the JPN version.

Even on Units, you want your affixes to be Pwr since whatever boost you get from a Def affix is minimal relative to just making sure the Unit is at +10. Some good basic 3-slots for starters are Quartz or Vol Soul+Might III+Stamina III or Spirit III (or Arks Fever if you can afford it/have it from ARKS Rappy drops).

Thank you! One more thing: is there a resource I can go to that will help me farm this stuff? Like where to go for the Vol Soul? Or does pso2 not have specific areas where items typically drop?

http://arks-layer.com/abilitysim/jp/...3=&4=&5=&r=&o=

Amazing affix simulator that has all current rules and I am not aware of any errors so anything that works in this simulator works in game and anything that doesn't work doesn't work in game either.

There are lot of affix that NA doesn't have yet so simply ignore them (probably need to cross check with n some other site if a specific affix is available on NA or not).

Also, since NA is using current mechanics 4s affixing should be fairly easy though of course I have no idea how easy / hard it is to get these affixes on NA.

Also, pp is more important than atk and tradeoff is roughly 1: 5 or something i.e. 5pp about as good as 25 atk.
    All classes should get atk, hp and pp on units and that gets easier the more slots you use.
    And defense affixes are rarely worth it, if you want a decent affix with def in it get ability 3, synth with either s atk 3+ r-atk 3 + t-atk 3 or with s-def 3 + r-def 3 + t-def 3 it's +15 all atk and + 15 all def.