Rappy Hunter

Default Thoughts on PSO2 coming out on a portable console

After playing weeks of PSO2 PC on NA finally. I've been so happy.

However, I wish that we can take the game with us when we go outside.

It's unfortunate that the PSVita will not have access anymore on PSO2, because their servers will be gone soon.

I heard that the Switch version came out to JP in 2018. It seems that this may be the only way that we can play PSO2 outside of the computer and or any other console that will be released now in NA.

What I got from other websites, is that the game isn't installed on the Nintendo Switch, but the "Cloud".

Which would mean that if your internet connection really sucks, that it leaves little hope for PSO2 to be played on mobile form.

The reason why I posted this thread in the first place, is because when I was watching the first anime for PSO2, it was good to know that they had it on PSVita, and I'm disappointed that they couldn't keep it going, and just release it in NA on the PSVita, but PSVita got discontinued, so so much for that.

If PSO2 came out in NA on the Switch, it would be the ONLY reason that I would pick it up.

Honestly, I'd rather have it come out on Mobile, but I digress..

I would like to be able to take PSO2 with me when I'm away from the computer.

I just wish that it would come out right on portable platforms.

way too late in PSO2s lifetime for any of this to happen, best hope PSO3 makes it to Switch in a non-cloud format or for the next Nintendo console. Obviously you can do remote play from your phone as another option
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

here im still wondering if JP's even play pso2 on switch cuz from what i know on my FL on switch, my jp friends barely played them at all
    test

What "portable platforms" are there? There's one - Switch. That's it.

As for mobile...my PSO2 folder is almost 73 GB. Even if any sort of mobile device could keep up performance wise (hint: they can't), the storage requirement would be a massive issue. Thus why the Switch version was Cloud-only.
    -MikonX
    OG PSO2 real (JP) version
    Too many characters to list

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

the cloud client could technically make any mobile platform viable but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

There's your PSO2 on a portable:
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    There's your PSO2 on a portable:
    To be fair, I tried the GPD Win 2 on raid boss and it was a barely playable slideshow. It also overheat and shut down a lot. I'd recommend the GPD Win Max instead

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBlob View Post
    To be fair, I tried the GPD Win 2 on raid boss and it was a barely playable slideshow. It also overheat and shut down a lot. I'd recommend the GPD Win Max instead
    Lower your settings, I had no issue beating Persona with it. But ya, today, might as well go for the Max version, just couldn't find a picture of it running PSO2.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    way too late in PSO2s lifetime for any of this to happen, best hope PSO3 makes it to Switch in a non-cloud format or for the next Nintendo console. Obviously you can do remote play from your phone as another option
    People have been mentioning PSO3 for literally 5 years but PSO2 is still going strong and only getting more popular, Sega might have intended a 10 year lifespan but they'd be dumb as bricks to abandon it a mere 2 years after the NA release unless the NA release goes poorly. And even then nothing points at the JP release being unpopular so at this rate it'll be considerably more than 2 years before Sega will release PSO3. As long as an Online games does well, no one will pull the plug because that's like throwing away money.